Give me fuel, Give me fire, Give me that which I desire

http://finance.fortu...o-it/?hpt=hp_t3

A new U.N. report says the massive bets placed on the commodities markets are the "root cause" of the volatility in oil and gas prices. And that's not about to change.

Yeah speculators man, it's all their fault. Got nothing to do with The Benbernank printing an extra $40 Billion Dollars per month. It's those damned speculators :rolleyes:

Edited by /dev/null

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At $5.00 a gallon people will be paying $1,500 - $3,000 or more per year for gas - depending on how much they drive a year.

Good thing that's not factored into the CPI. Probably won't affect any other commodities prices either. Good thing goods and materials and foodstuffs don't have to be shipped across the country.

Way to build the economy from the middle class out! I for one am ecstatic that inflation is at near all time lows. [/s]

What a tremendous job Bernanke has done in devaluing our currency.

Adding to the lunacy, I asked my BiL who is in the finance side of the PetroChem business in Houston outright.....would the Keystone Pipeline have made a positive impact on gas supply and prices and his answer...

Yes, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

!@#$ you, Obama.

This is just more Keynesian claptrap.

In order to absolve themselves of their sins, they take the effect and label it as causal. When inflation is eminent, individual investors flock to markets that hold real value, understanding that the prices of those assets will rise.

The prices don't rise simply because the investors flock there. And even if they did, that simply exposes another central flaw of Keynesianism. The disregarding of human motivation and individual micro transactions.

That's not to say that supply and demand doesn't have an effect. It obviously does. The demand for the devalued currency goes down as supply increases, and investors seek alternatives.

Arco is the cheapest in town.

Sunday AM - $3.99

Momday 1 PM - $4.05

Monday 2 PM - $4.13

Wednesday Noon - $4.19

Friday 3PM $4.49

Safeway is $4.79

Thanks Obama and all the idiot dems in California!!!

california_gas_prices_10-5-12.jpg

RED STATE CALIFORNIA: With gasoline now over $5.00 a gallon in some regions (including a San Jose station I drove by yesterday), “California is now a red state, at least from the perspective of retail gasoline prices,” George Savage writes at Ricochet, linking to the above map of regional gas prices from GasBuddy.com. Why is California gas so expensive?

California has made itself a closed market for auto fuel by
mandating
expensive seasonal gasoline blends
, purportedly to reduce air pollution–nobody ever compares the contribution made by special fuels to those from automotive clean air technology generally. Each seasonal changeover presents one more opportunity for a supply-disrupting refinery mishap and skyrocketing local prices,
, which is sending local prices to $5 per gallon and climbing.

Of course, gasoline wholesalers in adjoining states would be more than happy to boost their profits by selling to California retailers, reducing our pain at the pump. However, doing so is illegal.

california_gas_prices_10-5-12.jpg

RED STATE CALIFORNIA: With gasoline now over $5.00 a gallon in some regions (including a San Jose station I drove by yesterday), “California is now a red state, at least from the perspective of retail gasoline prices,” George Savage writes at Ricochet, linking to the above map of regional gas prices from GasBuddy.com. Why is California gas so expensive?

California has made itself a closed market for auto fuel by
mandating
expensive seasonal gasoline blends
, purportedly to reduce air pollution–nobody ever compares the contribution made by special fuels to those from automotive clean air technology generally. Each seasonal changeover presents one more opportunity for a supply-disrupting refinery mishap and skyrocketing local prices,
, which is sending local prices to $5 per gallon and climbing.

Of course, gasoline wholesalers in adjoining states would be more than happy to boost their profits by selling to California retailers, reducing our pain at the pump. However, doing so is illegal.

God bless the south

Gas companies hate Obama and are artificially raising gas prices and hurting the middle class because they want him out of office. It's all a plot.

Then why focus on California? Gas prices could go to $40 in California, and it still wouldn't hurt Obama. The only thing that would hurt Obama in CA is video of him killing a sea otter or something...

Paid $4.69/gall this morning. Over 80 bucks to fill the tank.

You deserve it, for voting Republican.

Then why focus on California? Gas prices could go to $40 in California, and it still wouldn't hurt Obama. The only thing that would hurt Obama in CA is video of him killing a sea otter or something...

It would have to be a gay, homeless, illegal alien sea otter or they wouldn't care........

It would have to be a gay, homeless, illegal alien sea otter or they wouldn't care........

Wrong.

It would have to be a lesbian (has to be a woman), homeless illegal alien, black and non-white hispanic who is a single mother but had two abortions and just pulled a double shift at a GM plant sea otter.

Edited by RkFast