Jaws rates Fitz #30 of 32 Starting NFL QBs

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it amazing that people blame this current teams failures on Ryan, dude running a offense that is putting up more then 21 points a game. Has to deal with a defense that can't stop a cold but it's his fault we lose and not the ****ty defense that's in the field.

I find it amazing that people blame this current teams failures on Ryan, dude running a offense that is putting up more then 21 points a game. Has to deal with a defense that can't stop a cold but it's his fault we lose and not the ****ty defense that's in the field.

21 points for the Bills per game. In all fairness how many points is he putting up for the opposition (directly or indirectly) per game? That's part of the issue here.

Uhhhh he's has Tannehill ranked as the 2nd best QB in the AFC East. And this is what he says:

"It is incredible the way Tannehill not only has adapted to becoming an NFL quarterback, but simply just a quarterback overall. After all of his time playing wide receiver in college, I wondered if Tannehill could make the rapid transition. Through four games, it seems like he can and has."

Yet Tannehill is 1-3 as a starter..... Has 2 Tds to his 6 interceptions.... Has a completion 55.4%.... and has a passer rating of 66.4 which puts him as 2nd to last in the NFL.

But yea, he's definietly the 2nd best QB in the AFCE.

He's right. Tannehill is only 2nd to Brady in AFC East. Its funny how Fitz apologusts always use excuses like the oline, receivers etc etc for his poor performances, but won't cut any slack to s rookie with 4 career starts on a team in clear rebuild mode. And BTW on potential alone Wilson and definitely Weeden over Fitz. We've seen what Fitz can do and it aint much.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I think it's pretty clear that Fitz is not in the upper half of talent in the league, but at the same time, fitz is a veteran signal caller with guts and smarts those intangibles.... and once in a while can get hot. I am sure that Buddy and Company are looking for a QB and I am sure the deal for T. Jackson has implications in the Bills trying to improve without have to groom a rookie which will take some time unless you use a high #1 pick. We still need a Wideout that is dominant in the red zone. Stevie is good, and Chandler is a solid option but we need the Jump-baller type too...

I still say its not the offense or Fitz, but the porous defense! Even Special Teams hasn't been so special.... so its more than just Fitz, and as bad as Fitz has been, he has not lost a game for us.

Edited by UticaBill

But...but...but...Fitz has 7.4 YPA (15th in the league) and that's the most important QB statistic. Where's Edward's Arm when ya need him?

Which isn't good enough, Jaws rating or Fitz? (I know, I know, the OP means Fitz). But seriously - all the time I hear Jaws dissed as unbearable, now 'cuz he dumps on Fitz he's genius and knows what he's talking about? Smooching on Tannehill after 4 games his rookie season, and dumping on Fitz, seems bizarre to me, but Whatevs.

My $0.02, Fitz is a middle-of-the-pack QB until he proves otherwise - maybe upper middle, maybe lower middle. Right now he's in the bow-wow house for # of INTs - deservedly so, right along with Vick, Cutler, Cassel, Romo and oh yeah, Weedon and Tannehill. His completion percentage is way lower than it was last year, way lower than I want to see it - you know, down there at #22 4 slots above Tannehill, along with Vick Cutler Bradford Brees and Cutler. That doesn't matter only wins matter? Well, we're 2-2.

It's early in the season for stats to mean too much, other than INTs and fumbles....Fitz isn't playing as well as I'd like to see, in which he can take a number and join a line of guys wearing Bills uniforms.

I'm actually more interested in seeing whether the prediction on nfl.com that Schaub will have a hard time against the Jets secondary has any merit.

The disdain for Fitz and his shortcomings and/or "low ceiling" among roughly half of Bills fans pretty much matches the current feelings of half of Cowboys fans towards Romo, half of Philly fans towards Vick, and half of Jets fans toward Sanchez. OK maybe 75% of Jets fans since everyone loves Tebow before he actually takes snaps and shows his limitations and slingshot release.

Additionally, I will say that probably half of Ravens fans whined about Flacco up until this year, and half of Falcons fans thought Ryan would never get it done until now. They have now been as quiet as those "Eli is no Peyton" crowd as of lately. Good, consistent NFL QBs are so very damn hard to find.

Flutie aside, I still favor Fitzy over all the bums and wusses we have anointed since Jimbo because he is a tougher, better leader than we have had. Deflects any credit and takes all of the blame, just like Jimbo or any respected veteran QB does. Plus who remembers the nasty shot he took from James Harrison shortly before launching the would-be game winning TD versus Pittsburgh that Stevie dropped?

I am not happy with his production since the contract, but he is not paid exhorbitantly as a starting NFL QB goes. I do hope they draft a guy fairly early next spring to groom under him, but I fully support Fitz in 2012. Do you really want to see Thigpen or T. Jackson? C'mon man.

I don't see his leadership. I see him pouting on the sidelines after interceptions. He even pouts after interceptions while the play is going on. Great leadership. I don't see it. Is he a great leader because he was voted a team captain and his players say they believe in him? They said the same thing about JP and Trent. They say what they're supposed to say. After being overthrown multiple times while being wide open last week, you don't think Stevie was thinking "man, I wish I had a QB that throw an accurate pass CONSISTANTLY over 5 yards". I bet he wasn't thinking "it's ok fitz, you'll hit me next time, I believe in you". His body language showed it. To answer your question, yes, I'd love to see Tavaris Jackson as our starter. I know what fitz can do in a chan Gailey led offense and its unimpressive. 5 yard pass after five yard pass. Defenses challenging us to throw deep because they know fitz isn't consistent with the long ball, yet we rarely throw the deep ball. Why? Because gailey doesn't want him to or because Fitz is afraid to throw it. He's a "gunslinger" that slings 5 yards passes all over. It seems like Everytime he throws it 15 yards its a pick or off target. I don't know what tjack can do in a Gailey led offense. I'd like to see it. The alternative is making me ill

But...but...but...Fitz has 7.4 YPA (15th in the league) and that's the most important QB statistic. Where's Edward's Arm when ya need him?

Which isn't good enough, Jaws rating or Fitz? (I know, I know, the OP means Fitz). But seriously - all the time I hear Jaws dissed as unbearable, now 'cuz he dumps on Fitz he's genius and knows what he's talking about? Smooching on Tannehill after 4 games his rookie season, and dumping on Fitz, seems bizarre to me, but Whatevs.

My $0.02, Fitz is a middle-of-the-pack QB until he proves otherwise - maybe upper middle, maybe lower middle. Right now he's in the bow-wow house for # of INTs - deservedly so, right along with Vick, Cutler, Cassel, Romo and oh yeah, Weedon and Tannehill. His completion percentage is way lower than it was last year, way lower than I want to see it - you know, down there at #22 4 slots above Tannehill, along with Vick Cutler Bradford Brees and Cutler. That doesn't matter only wins matter? Well, we're 2-2.

It's early in the season for stats to mean too much, other than INTs and fumbles....Fitz isn't playing as well as I'd like to see, in which he can take a number and join a line of guys wearing Bills uniforms.

I'm actually more interested in seeing whether the prediction on nfl.com that Schaub will have a hard time against the Jets secondary has any merit.

> But...but...but...Fitz has 7.4 YPA (15th in the league) and that's the most important QB statistic. Where's Edward's Arm when ya need him?

Right here! :thumbsup:

Yes, his YPA is up for the year. But the underlying problem (his lack of accuracy) is still there. One would have to do some number crunching to determine why his YPA stat for the year does not correctly illuminate his lack of accuracy. Maybe the high YPA is because his receivers are giving him a lot of YAC yards. Maybe it's some other factor.

Unless he improves his accuracy, I would expect his YPA for the season to be significantly lower than it is right now.

> My $0.02, Fitz is a middle-of-the-pack QB until he proves otherwise

One of the reasons why the above is difficult to quantify is because Fitz is better than most NFL QBs at some aspects of the game--such as making quick, good decisions. He's worse than most QBs at other things--such as throwing the ball accurately. A lot of where you rank him depends on how much you value good decision-making versus throwing accuracy. We can get caught up in a four page debate about how our inadequate quarterback stacks up to other teams' inaccurate quarterbacks. Or we can come to a consensus that the Bills will not win a Super Bowl with Fitz under center.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

been saying it for 2 years now...BEST BACKUP IN THE LEAGUE.

You are INSANE if you think this team will ever get anywhere with Fitz as the QB. The Bills are soon to be, AT BEST, 3-6.

It makes me feel so sad for anyone that does not realize or cannot see how bad of a Quarterback Fitzpatrick really is.

"He is a leader, he has great character"...blah blah blah. Sure, but he is NOT a "winner". He will NOT be the QB of the Bills by year end and he will not be on the team next year.

been saying it for 2 years now...BEST BACKUP IN THE LEAGUE.

You are INSANE if you think this team will ever get anywhere with Fitz as the QB. The Bills are soon to be, AT BEST, 3-6.

It makes me feel so sad for anyone that does not realize or cannot see how bad of a Quarterback Fitzpatrick really is.

"He is a leader, he has great character"...blah blah blah. Sure, but he is NOT a "winner". He will NOT be the QB of the Bills by year end and he will not be on the team next year.

...and that is all the QBs fault, right? Maybe the other 52 guys in uniform, and the apparent incompetence of the coaching staff might also play a role in your thinking they will be 3-6 soon. :doh:

He's right. Tannehill is only 2nd to Brady in AFC East. Its funny how Fitz apologusts always use excuses like the oline, receivers etc etc for his poor performances, but won't cut any slack to s rookie with 4 career starts on a team in clear rebuild mode. And BTW on potential alone Wilson and definitely Weeden over Fitz. We've seen what Fitz can do and it aint much.

So now Tannehill/Weeden are allowed excuses? Amazing.

Fitzpatrick worked with a QB guru all during the offseason and has nothing to show for it. Something tells me there isn't any more room for improvement. He is what he is at this point. Don't get mad at Jaws because he was off by maybe 2 or 3 spots on the list.

That's right. And at this point he's the league leader in TD's with a 2-2 record. The sky is surely falling. :rolleyes:

Did you see waht Romo has done recently? the first 3 of those 5 picks v the Bears where all on the WRs, or what should have been ruled a sack/fumble. Maybe the last two were on him, idk I went to bed, but Romo had his O driving for a score and then his team let him down.

If people spent more time defending Bills players as much as they do the opponent's players this board would be a lot better. Your post is the perfect example of "grass is greener syndrome". wow.

Edited by bobobonators

Did you see waht Romo has done recently? the first 3 of those 5 picks v the Bears where all on the WRs, or what should have been ruled a sack/fumble. Maybe the last two were on him, idk I went to bed, but Romo had his O driving for a score and then his team let him down.

Kind of hypocritical thinking don't you think?

You blame the Cowboys/Romos failures on the "team" and yet those similar failures for the Bills are all and solely blamed on Fitz and all his fault. Man, I can't believe people actually think like that.

If this ranking is all an opinion about "QB futures," much like a stock analysis, then I could respect it more. Probably not agree with it, but I'd be able to see where it's coming from. If it's about their production and their ability to help their team win in the here and now, then this ranking is way off base. There is a certain failure rate with every QB. I see it in every game I have ever watched. If you don't look at both the successes and failures and attempt to see how they balance out, then I won't respect your opinion. Until Fitz squanders a good/great defensive effort with some poor overall play, I will still believe he will help more than hurt their cause this year. We have 75% of the season left to see how the story develops.