Will we go 7-0 that last games of the season? Look again for hope

Host Miami. Just put a W. Home game (not exactly a gimme btw)

At Indy. Just put a W. Caveman (luck) needs more support.

Host Jags. Just put a W. Home game. They have mjd. If we commit to stopping only the running game, we're fine. Gabbert cant beat us in the air

Host St Louis. Just put a W. Sam Bradford will probably be injured as usual. (Actually believe it or not, this game is not a gimme)

Host Seattle. Win. Could be a loss, but who cares? Home game and they have to travel to the east???

At Miami. They will want a #1 draft pick by this point. Win.

Host Jets. They are just as pathetic as us. If my #s are right, we will need this game more. Win and you're in sceanrio. W

Just something to think about

I know as a fact there are some fans that just want a W, even if the season is over. If you're that type of fan, which btw, the bills can MAKE you to be that type of fan. Beg-for-any-type of win type of fan. Your dream will come true towars the end.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those teams thinking the same thing, that the Bills are a great chance to get a W. They will split those games and finish in the 6-7 win territory.

Why would they sweep Miami? We got destroyed by them last season when many chalked those up as wins too...

Oh and Seattle isn't home, neutral site at best.

Edited by kobe808lak

It's a good point. We probably won't go 7-0 in that stretch, but the bottom line is, it'd be pretty inexcusable for this team not to reach the playoffs this season given how easy the schedule is in the second half. We'd basically have to show no spine at all and go oh-fer against the good teams.

We lost 2 times to Miami last year. Luck and the Volts are just good enough to cause an upset. The Jets make us thier B word everytime Rex comes to town. Seattle is not even close to a gimmie. They have a strong team. Our only possibilities at a gimmie would be the Rams and Jags and honestly, they aren't all that solid.

I'm optimistic, but to say 7-0 to end, one could easily say 0-7 with the same reasons you provided (which wasn't much), just add the Bills to any conversation and 90% of the league probably considers it a win.

I find it laughable that anyone can pencil in wins for us. Other teams do that to the Bills, not the other way around. What on earth have we done that shows we can finish 7-0 in college football? Let alone the NFL!! Was it our 1 division win last year? Was it our longest playoff drought in the NFL? Was it our superb performance this weekend at home vs our division rival (the only division game we won last year)?? Just curious

We'll win five of these games. We need to go 2-3 in the upcoming stretch to have a shot at the playoffs, and make sure we have a very strong conference record. My guess is our competition for the wild card spots/contested divisions, will be San Diego, Denver, Pittsburgh, Cincy, and Baltimore. That loss really hurt; I think Baltimore and Cincy are locks, so let's hope San Diego and Pitt falter

It is going to be a very tough year to make the playoffs. I dont see how Cincy is a lock over San Diego and Pittsburgh. Last year was an off year for both of those teams, but they havent really shown that this year, nor have the Bengals shown they are capable of that kind of run either. They have won some tight games against light opponents, but they have a brutal second half. With Peyton Manning joining the AFC that pretty well just added another team who will snatch won of our hopeful playoff spots every year. I cant imagine too many seasons from here on out for the next few years that Schaub, Ben, Brady, Manning, Flacco, and Rivers will not have immediate playoff spots.

I find it laughable that anyone can pencil in wins for us. Other teams do that to the Bills, not the other way around. What on earth have we done that shows we can finish 7-0 in college football? Let alone the NFL!! Was it our 1 division win last year? Was it our longest playoff drought in the NFL? Was it our superb performance this weekend at home vs our division rival (the only division game we won last year)?? Just curious

I mean we beat the Chiefs and Browns pretty well

Yes I agree we did, but there are plenty of teams who played the Jets and Patriots much closer than we did so it works both ways. Some weeks you match up great with a team, other weeks horrible. Only the elite teams go 7-0 to close out a season. We are far from that. I dont care who we are playing. Not to mention yes everyone of those games are winnable. However I would be shocked if we are favored vs the Jets, Patriots, Seahawks, or even the way things are going the road game in Miami. I mean the Dolphins beat us twice last year, the Jets and Patriots already mauled us this year, and the Seahawks are a very good team. All I am saying is to say we can possibly win close games against these teams is conceivable. However, a team that was 6-10 last year, and has been blown out in our only 2 division games this year (after going 1-7 in division last year) certainly should NOT be penciling in "gimme games". If anything the Jaguars and Colts fans are thinking that WE are one of the few winnable games they have. They would be correct in their thinking.

I think you underestimate Miami a little. They gave AZ all they could handle Sunday and Tannehill seems to be improving weekly.

Agreed. We got slammed by these guys last year. Tannehill's rookie mistakes will probably be tempered by the time we play them. I definitely think we should be them, but we all know how it goes. I see us hitting 4-5 by the first Miami game. A winning record really isn't out of the question, but as others have said, Cincy is looking like a lock on wild card 1, we can only hope San Diego or Denver don't end up competing for that second one.

The conference is definitely weak enough to slip in, or even make it convincingly. I'm keeping the faith.

I've been maintaining since the offseason that we should be able to sweep the Dolphins. But seriously, why should I - or anyone - make that assumption? They beat us twice a year ago. They hung in there with AZ. They should have beaten the Jets - who absolutely embarrassed us just a few weeks ago.

Either way, another poster (not sure who it was, or I'd give credit) said yesterday that his fear would be that we would win out the last 7 weeks ... or even win 6/7 ... and it would create false hope for next year.

I have to agree with that. All it would prove is that the Bills can now beat lower-tier teams.

I guess the simplest term I can think of to even explain the Bills to myself is this: Until the Bills can compete with all of the other teams in the AFC East ... let alone be able to beat them ... they have no chance at winning in January.

I don't want false hope based on a winning streak over crappy teams. I want to beat the Jets, Dolphins and Patriots ... and if we lose, Godammit, it shouldn't be because we gave up 600 yards of offense and 52 points and it shouldn't be because Mark Sanchez looks like Johnny Unitas, either.

This all starts with coaching.

Agreed. We got slammed by these guys last year. Tannehill's rookie mistakes will probably be tempered by the time we play them. I definitely think we should be them, but we all know how it goes. I see us hitting 4-5 by the first Miami game. A winning record really isn't out of the question, but as others have said, Cincy is looking like a lock on wild card 1, we can only hope San Diego or Denver don't end up competing for that second one.

The conference is definitely weak enough to slip in, or even make it convincingly. I'm keeping the faith.

Tannehill has 2 tds and 6 ints so far this season. We are killing our QB who has 12 tds and 7 ints. The main reason I didn't like RT is he made a ton of bad decisions in college. In fact, he was on a list of 1st round QBs who threw the most INTs in their final season in college. Other names on the stellar list: Sexy Rexy Grossman and JP Losman. Not an encouraging sign.

It's funny because I just saw an ESPN NFL preview article where they had us at 11-5, but had us starting at 2-3. I know we have to just give up the rest of the season because we are 2-2 but there still is a lot of season left to play. But the defense really needs to man up. Fitz is limited but he has given us a 2 td lead in every game besides the opener. With the money we spent on defense, that should be enough to be 3-1.