How did YOUR actions affect the game?

Just Jack

I wore my Jersey the first game against the Jets. Wore my old Bills T-shirt the next two games they won. Decided to wear my jersey again this game, all the while thinking that I should keep wearing the T-shirt. End of story...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you have this backwards? Shouldn't it be :How did the game affect YOUR ACTIONS.

I.e. screaming, throwing stuff,etc...

No. The idea behind the thread has always been that people have their superstitions, so something they may have done different can affect how the team performs.

An example : I have a Gabe Northern jersey. So far it is 2-0 when I wear it to a week 17 game against Indy at Buffalo. So the next time we play Indy at Buffalo in week 17, I'll wear it. But no other time because I don't want to make it an unlucky jersey. I already have enough of those.

Karma 1, Didn't eat my wings until near the end of the game. (wife decided to clean the oven in the AM, - can I blame her?)

Karma 2, Wore a new Bills T Shirt

Karma 3, Hung out my brand new Bills Flag

Karma 4, Had visions of running with my Bills Flag up and down the street in a victory lap in the 3rd QTR. Then all hell broke loose. :bag:

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

By request, im bringing back my usual Monday thread.....

Karma reasons only, how did you deviate from your usual routine, which affected the outcome of the game? I'll start....

I had to shave off my beard for a job interview this week. I also didn't turn on the game until shortly before halftime. So somehow the Bills saw through the TV I had shaved, and it disappointed them so much that they just couldn't recover.

Man... I really hope you get that job. Otherwise, what a mistake.

I watched the game with my pops on Sunday.. that pretty much guarantees a loss. Sorry guys.

Left the house and went to the A's game; Asked the sports Gods to help out with a win for each of my favorite teams. Of course sports Gods can only grant one wish; A's win! Bills lose. My daughter tried to warn me; said I was asking for too much. I did get greedy. At least I didn't upset the sports Gods too much; A's won!!

I bought my FredEx shirt last year at the beginning of our losing streak.. Wore if for the first time again this Sunday.. My bad..

Oh shoot.. just realized my wife also found an old soft Bills football that was in the closet for a few years and set it next to the TV over the weekend. One of those soft ones you can throw and won't break things.. That thing is probably cursed too.. lol

Edited by MarkinSanDiego

Didn't wear the kilt. 'Course, didn't wear it last week in Cleveland either. Maybe it only works for home games. But I wore it for home games last year and we lost... Maybe it's just this year. We lost preseaseon games this year when I wore it but those probably don't count.

No. The idea behind the thread has always been that people have their superstitions, so something they may have done different can affect how the team performs.

An example : I have a Gabe Northern jersey. So far it is 2-0 when I wear it to a week 17 game against Indy at Buffalo. So the next time we play Indy at Buffalo in week 17, I'll wear it. But no other time because I don't want to make it an unlucky jersey. I already have enough of those.

No, it's backwards. Bills are not good enough to be superstitious about.

My wife always goes shopping on Sundays, probably to get away from my Bills craziness. Shell call every now and then to ask if I want something at the store or if I will go somewhere later with her or whatever. It seems to happen at important times during the games. The luck goes both ways sometimes she is good luck sometimes its bad luck when she calls, I cant figure out if I should get a divorce or stay with her until we win a Super Bowl. (yeah right Im not going anywhere lol) Also I must be wearing a article of Buffalo Bills clothing that day (tore off in shame lots of those days)

When the Pats* started scoring in the second half, I didn't make any adjustments to my cap or seating situation. I just stuck with my original plan to stay on the couch and keep the hat on forward. I'll have to learn from this game try to correct my mistakes. Tomorrow I'll forget all about it and move on. Its still a long season.