How did YOUR actions affect the game?

Just Jack

By request, im bringing back my usual Monday thread.....

Karma reasons only, how did you deviate from your usual routine, which affected the outcome of the game? I'll start....

I had to shave off my beard for a job interview this week. I also didn't turn on the game until shortly before halftime. So somehow the Bills saw through the TV I had shaved, and it disappointed them so much that they just couldn't recover.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wore my black Buffalo is my hometown, (where they make Cheerios) t shirt, that was lucky for one game last year, so I wore it for the next 4 after that (with similar results to the game yesterday). How the hell the Bills know it and the juju makes it through the crappy internet feeds I have going, I will never know.

it was cold and rainy so while tailgating (in my driveway) I had on a Bills hoodie. The game had already started when I realized I wasn't wearing my jersey. Put it on and still wonder if I should have left it off.

On a serious note while watching sports and the day of the game I literally remind myself "okay nothing I do will affect the outcome of the game, just have fun" and every game I get sucked into sitting a certain way, eating a certain food, having the remote a certain way. Damn you superstition!

I was in Dublin, Ireland the last two wins and back at my usual Bills Backers bar yesterday.....Oh and I parked my car in a spot I dont normally park in. I can park my car in its usual spot but going back to Dublin isnt an option right now LOl....

Edited by Amstel

Sorry guys. I had to record the first half of the game because my son was playing in a baseball tournament yesterday morning. I started watching at around 2:30 and by the time I caught up on the game it was early in the 3rd quarter and Buffalo still had the lead. Once I started watching in real time we completely stopped playing Defense and Fitz couldn't hit an open receiver to save his life. I should have waited until the game was over before I watched or at least wait longer to watch in real time. We would have won for sure. This loss is on me. sorry. :(

By request, im bringing back my usual Monday thread.....

Karma reasons only, how did you deviate from your usual routine, which affected the outcome of the game? I'll start....

I had to shave off my beard for a job interview this week. I also didn't turn on the game until shortly before halftime. So somehow the Bills saw through the TV I had shaved, and it disappointed them so much that they just couldn't recover.

i normally do 30 pushups/30 situps after every bills TD and every TD the opponent scores. i didn't do 30pushups/30situps yesterday after any of the pats' scores :cry:

I was sitting in my recleiner for the first half, then got up to go get a pizza at half time. When i cam back, my Fiance was in the chair so I took the couch

I had warned her that if things changed in the game I may have to take the chair back, but never did :(

Not only did it change the outcome of the Bills game, but it also changed the outcome of the Jays/Yankees game we were flipping between (Jays blew a 5-1 lead :( )

I dont understand how people "do other things" on sunday and record the game...how do you consider yourselves "fans" if you dont even watch the games live?

Kids? who cares, say "sorry Johnny, find a ride to your baseball tournament, daddy has to root for the Bills" (this shouldnt be an issue because real fans kids would also be diehards and wouldnt participate in something on a sunday anyway)

Family functions? "sorry family, why the hell would you schedule a function on a game day?

Errands? your a P*ssy, unnaceptable, ever

unless of course your one of those who say, "its just a game, im not going to let it dictate my life", in which case, my response is "then your not a real fan, your a causal fan" (which is fine I guess, as long as you realize your just a casual fan and cant celebrate when we finally win the big one)

end rant

I take entire responsibility for the loss.

First, I didn't wear my Bills belt from 1990. I lost it in a drunken jubilation last week.

Second, and this was the killer, I brought my handmade WWII Bills helmet to the bar I watch the games at. Their was a cute new waitress and I was too embarrassed to wear the helmet.

I will be wearing it for sure next week. Not because I think we will win, just because I will need protection from the whooping SF might put on us.

rlc84i.jpg[/img]

I was sitting in my recleiner for the first half, then got up to go get a pizza at half time. When i cam back, my Fiance was in the chair so I took the couch

I had warned her that if things changed in the game I may have to take the chair back, but never did :(

Not only did it change the outcome of the Bills game, but it also changed the outcome of the Jays/Yankees game we were flipping between (Jays blew a 5-1 lead :( )

Damn, it IS your fault. Take back the chair man...