Is it time yet to look forward to the Draft?

gjv001

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never too early to look ahead to the draft with this squad. I have them at 2-7 after their next five games so why not?

Here's the sad reality: as much as Fitz is NOT the long term answer at QB, if Buddy doesn't see one that is when their turn comes, he's gonna go defense heavy in the draft. LBs, safeties, take your pick. We need them all.

GO BILLS!!!

Never too early to look ahead to the draft with this squad. I have them at 2-7 after their next five games so why not?

Here's the sad reality: as much as Fitz is NOT the long term answer at QB, if Buddy doesn't see one that is when their turn comes, he's gonna go defense heavy in the draft. LBs, safeties, take your pick. We need them all.

GO BILLS!!!

Like I said, given our likely draft postion it makes more sense to take a premier player at a position of need, like Manti Te'o (a high motor, high energy MLB who defends the run as well as the pass at an elite level) than it does to reach for another Losman, and then take a second tier or developmental guy in round 2.

Basically we have kansas city, and oakland who most likely will be looking for a qb in the draft. If we stay worse then them we have a shot at Barkley.

Don't kid yourself. Unless Weeden goes crazy, Cleveland would jump at the chance to draft a franchise QB. There are at least several other teams who would jump at a franchise QB if there are more than 1-2 to go around at the 2013 draft. Seattle, Arizona, Tampa off the top of my head.

The bills play enough crap teams, that they will finish with a 7-9 record, and end up picking somewhere around 10 -15.

Basically we have kansas city, and oakland who most likely will be looking for a qb in the draft. If we stay worse then them we have a shot at Barkley.

Barkley?... :lol:

Geno Smith will be the prize in this Draft...Barkley might not go Top 15... B-)

We are so bad, that we will win enough games to get us to 7-9...pick in the middle...and select another CB

Or a Safety...Either because they let Byrd walk, or to replace Wilson... :doh:

Edited by KOKBILLS

Don't kid yourself. Unless Weeden goes crazy, Cleveland would jump at the chance to draft a franchise QB. There are at least several other teams who would jump at a franchise QB if there are more than 1-2 to go around at the 2013 draft. Seattle, Arizona, Tampa off the top of my head.

The bills play enough crap teams, that they will finish with a 7-9 record, and end up picking somewhere around 10 -15.

I'm assuming zona, seattle and tampa will quite a few more wins than us so it will take quite a bit for them to move ahead of us. If we end up with geno smith or barkley we'll be alright. To get into the 10-15 picks means were like 7-9. Who do we beat to get there? Indy, jax, miami and st louis? I don't see a lot of wins on our schedule unless a miracle happens.

I'm assuming zona, seattle and tampa will quite a few more wins than us so it will take quite a bit for them to move ahead of us. If we end up with geno smith or barkley we'll be alright. To get into the 10-15 picks means were like 7-9. Who do we beat to get there? Indy, jax, miami and st louis? I don't see a lot of wins on our schedule unless a miracle happens.

Mark my word, the Bills will win just enough games to miss out on a franchise QB.

It might be time to talk TRADE deadline

it is the Bills cycle over and over. They hired Mularkey, Bills Nation was psyched we finally have a good coach that will turn this around-gone after a couple seasons. Jauron comes in-here we go again-gone after a couple seasons. In comes Chan Gailey-now we have a quarterback and offensive genius, things are gonna turn around. Ralph finally spends money-Gailey gone after a couple years because his results are not better, in fact, not as good as the past couple coaches. Who's next, probably won't matter anyway for the Bills Cycle.

It's a shame but we are playing with a back up QB and this has been the case for way to many years now. I know Gailey is backing his QB up but what is he suppose to say, there's not much else to choose from. If we had a QB everything would look a lot better. I'm not by any means saying we don't have other needs but Fitz is not a consistent winner in this league and to be a good team we need consistancy and someone who can put a team on their shoulders when needed. He is a serviceable back up who can get you by a few games if your starter is injured. We have way to much talent not to get a QB ASAP. Unfortunately, we will have to bide our time, bite the bullet for another season and hope that we can get lucky in next years draft. This will be Fitzy's last hurrah!

The Bills have never picked a QB with their first pick. Why would anyone expect that to change at the 2013 draft? At the next draft it would be 3 years since the Bills last selected a HB in the 1st round. I think the smart money is on Marcus Lattimore.

I'm only half joking.

Holy **** people were 2 and 2. Cliff is to your left. Ill be watching Sunday

OK. Question: What do you really acticipate happening this Sunday in S.F?

I realize your hindsight powers may not be effective, but you should have seen that coming.

Being a Bils fan means its never too early to be thinking draft, at least during the months leading up to the draft you can imagine a better team. This regime is so much different, retread coach, mediocre QB and half the first and second round picks on RBs and CBs. Rinse-Repeat. And whoever said the Bills take a corner, even though it was tongue in cheek, I could see these morons doing it after McGee is cut in the off season and McKelvin isnt resigned.

Funny how the Pats ran it down our throat with Ridley and Bolden.

For those who are saying we are 2-2 and its not that bad, need I remind you who we beat? Even worse need I remind you the Jets, the running joke of the NFL destroyed us?

Record at this point needed to be at least 2-2. But to get manhandled by division opponents makes me think "maybe next year."

For those who are saying we are 2-2 and its not that bad, need I remind you who we beat? Even worse need I remind you the Jets, the running joke of the NFL destroyed us?

Record at this point needed to be at least 2-2. But to get manhandled by division opponents makes me think "maybe next year."

Next year, Chan will still be head coach, Wanny will still be D coordinator, Fitz will be just as bad, and Super Mario will be another year older and ineffective.