How would you feel about the Bills in the AFC North?

PromoTheRobot

Seeing how many Bills fans went to Cleveland, and how many Steeler fans came to RWS pre-season, I bet much more intense rivalries would develop if the Bills were in the AFC North. We could swap with the Ravens. They would fit great in the AFC East.

Comments?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Basically you would have a bunch of small market teams not getting much attention except for the fact that small market Pittsburgh is a small market team that through great ownership happens to be the most successful franchise in the league since the merger with 6 titles and consistently winning for four decades now.

That actually would be good, although I think separating the Ravens and Steelers would make a lot of people frown as that's been one of the better modern rivalries (Past 10 years or so). Still the Ravens would easily develop new rivalries with the Pats* (Who they already have a rivalry brewing) and the Jets (Who can pretty much be a rival with anyone).

I wouldn't be opposed to the switch, but I don't think that the NFL is in the mood for any realignment. There doesn't seem to be any unnatural placements or need. But swapping the Bills and Ravens wouldn't be a terrible idea.

I was thinking about this before the Browns game, and geographically it would make way more sense. I would support the move now if it had a chance to happen, even though I was against it however many years ago the last realignment was because I didn't want to give up the Dolphins rivalry.

I love to hate those Dolphins, regardless of how bad they are. Just a matter of time before we start owning the arrogant asses at the Meadowlands. Against.

BA

I am all for it! It makes sense for both the AFC East and north for Baltimore and Buffalo switch.

On the rivalries, teams have rivals from other divisions(cowboys/49ers from the 90's, Colts/Patriots were post realignment) all the time, not a good reason to not realign. It would benefit teams on sell outs, and create natural rivalries.

These AFCE rivalries go back to the AFL days and they are ingrained in my psyche. I'd be against it, regardless of the obvious geographic proximity to western PA and Ohio.

GO BILLS!!!

Geographically, PTR's suggestion makes sense and no doubt we would develop new rivalries.

But I have to agree with K-9, there's a lot of tradition in these old AFCE rivalries. In this case, for me, tradition trumps reasoned argument.