NBC said Gronk was from Pittsburgh PA?

Belicheat

he went to one year of prep school there, such BS

If that qualifies as such BS, you must get really angry about things that make even a small difference in the world. It's literally one off hand comment about one player coming from guys that speak and write for hours a day on the record. They'll cross up some stuff on occasion. Odds are it was a simple mistake.

If that qualifies as such BS, you must get really angry about things that make even a small difference in the world. It's literally one off hand comment about one player coming from guys that speak and write for hours a day on the record. They'll cross up some stuff on occasion. Odds are it was a simple mistake.

Thanks for the parable Jesus

Actually, "The Gronks", as they now like to be known, got so much media attention for having 3 brothers in the NFL (two of them with NE* for a brief couple of weeks last season), that you'd pretty much have to have had your head buried in the sand to NOT know Gronkowski is from Buffalo.

Even Daddy Gronk got his 15 seconds of fame when he was quoted in the national media about how much easier it would be for him now that he didn't have to fly from Buffalo to NE*, Denver, and Indianapolis to see his sons play, after Dan signed with NE*. (That, however, was short-lived now that Chris Gronkowski plays for the Broncos!)

(For the record, there are 5 Gronkowski brothers in total - the eldest, Gordon, played [very] minor league baseball in the Angels organization for 3 seasons; the youngest, Glenn, is a freshman FB at Kansas State. And Gordon Sr. - a.k.a. "Daddy Gronk" - played for Syracuse.)

But the confusion probably stems from the fact that Daddy Gronk wanted so badly for Robbie Gronk to get more exposure in his senior year of high school, that he transferred young Bob to nationally-recognized Woodland Hills H.S. in Pennsylvania - a move that almost backfired when Bob was initially denied eligibility. Seems they thought he transferred there purely for athletic reasons, not due to family relocation or for academic advancement. (They were, of course, correct.)

In any case, while I'm sure the family is very nice, and probably a blast to get together with and pound some beers, sudden fame has caused the brothers - Rob in particular - to act like (and be portryed as) a bunch of dumb jocks...

Link -Rob Gronkowski Getting a Reality Show Now That He’s Signed with William Morris Agency

In fact, as a proud Buffalonian, I'm actually kinda glad some folks DON'T know he's from Buffalo...

post-2970-0-30461200-1348537018_thumb.jpg

post-2970-0-75140500-1348537034_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

I am sure that there are others that are more "in the know" than me, but if I recall correctly, I thought the transfer was all about a squabble over some disciplinary action Gronkowski faced at Williamsville North that affected his eligibility for some sport there. It may have been only for a spring sport though. He was on the national radar during his junior year and was already listed as a 4 or 5 star recruit. There was no need to further showcase his talent to enhance his offers and there was no need to disrespect the high school football played in NYS. Sure it was better competition in Pa but he already had the interest of all the major FBS programs as it was.

As far as Im concerned, Buffalo should have disowned that prick of a traitor last year. Good, say youre from Pittsburgh. I want nothing to do with that meathead punk.

This---^

he bailed on his team mates of over 3 years. He probably already had his offers and scholarships b4 the move. That's my school and I'm not proud of his punk @$$

WTF?

Well for a year. He moved down there to play big time football so he had a better shot at a better college. We all know he is from here but but they don't want to talk about Buffalo any more than they have to.

Actually, "The Gronks", as they now like to be known, got so much media attention for having 3 brothers in the NFL (two of them with NE* for a brief couple of weeks last season), that you'd pretty much have to have had your head buried in the sand to NOT know Gronkowski is from Buffalo.

Even Daddy Gronk got his 15 seconds of fame when he was quoted in the national media about how much easier it would be for him now that he didn't have to fly from Buffalo to NE*, Denver, and Indianapolis to see his sons play, after Dan signed with NE*. (That, however, was short-lived now that Chris Gronkowski plays for the Broncos!)

(For the record, there are 5 Gronkowski brothers in total - the eldest, Gordon, played [very] minor league baseball in the Angels organization for 3 seasons; the youngest, Glenn, is a freshman FB at Kansas State. And Gordon Sr. - a.k.a. "Daddy Gronk" - played for Syracuse.)

But the confusion probably stems from the fact that Daddy Gronk wanted so badly for Robbie Gronk to get more exposure in his senior year of high school, that he transferred young Bob to nationally-recognized Woodland Hills H.S. in Pennsylvania - a move that almost backfired when Bob was initially denied eligibility. Seems they thought he transferred there purely for athletic reasons, not due to family relocation or for academic advancement. (They were, of course, correct.)

In any case, while I'm sure the family is very nice, and probably a blast to get together with and pound some beers, sudden fame has caused the brothers - Rob in particular - to act like (and be portryed as) a bunch of dumb jocks...

Link -Rob Gronkowski Getting a Reality Show Now That He’s Signed with William Morris Agency

In fact, as a proud Buffalonian, I'm actually kinda glad some folks DON'T know he's from Buffalo...

Well when you see Rob on TV he comes across as a typical dumb jock. I think he is really annoying but would take him here no problem. After the Pats dominance dwindles over a few more years he may want to come back home.

Oh my God! What are they replacement announcers? How dare they slam Buffalo like that. We are done. We need everyone to know Gronk is from WNY to validate us?

It's not really that important, but it's pretty crappy journalism to not even get a guy's hometown right if you're going to put it up in big font on the screen. It's literally a 3 second fact check to make sure you don't look like idiots on national tv.

Well for a year. He moved down there to play big time football so he had a better shot at a better college. We all know he is from here but but they don't want to talk about Buffalo any more than they have to.

Well when you see Rob on TV he comes across as a typical dumb jock. I think he is really annoying but would take him here no problem. After the Pats dominance dwindles over a few more years he may want to come back home.

Not me I would rather have Torell Troup.