Bills Worked out Donte Stallworth Today

cmjoyce113

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things that are sticking out to me this week:

Alexander- with his size and stature would be a good pickup. Like somebody said, this is the way we ended up with Chandler and Pears.

If we get one of them, I want him based on potential alone. He's got the size and (without knowing personally) probably the speed to be our #2.

However, with this info about WRs coming in, and the cutting of Morman, I wonder if it's just Chan and Nix playing head games with the roster. Especially the WRs. That message is you better perform or well cut your @$$ in a heartbeat to win games. What a better week to do that and get everyone fired up for the biggest game of the year.

We all know How deep Chans playbook is, how hard it would be to learn in a season, let alone a few weeks. We signed T Jackson and haven't even seen him with a uniform on for christs sake. Do we really believe a WR can come here and learn the entire route trees on these plays? It's a scare tactic to Jones and Graham IMO. I hope it works too. That's unless it's a future signing for Alexander because if his potential, ala Chandler and Pears.

I like that they are kicking tires but really Rosie would be good in the slot. He really reminds me of a young Stevie is some ways, good route runner a bit slow, but good moves and caught everything thrown at him. I saw him have one fair game in preseason where he didn't but that was the only time. I wish we would see if he is developable especially with Nelson out.

The 2 guys they just tried out, meh and meh I get injured a lot, isn't that why scoe is gone?

If the Bills sign a reciever, which they do need, who goes?

My guess is not any of the WRs. Another position like QB. On another note to add to my thoughts. I like that they've been lining Smith up more in the WR role. I really hope he can prove himself there.

Roosevelt...Aiken...neither of these guys caught on anywhere else. Aiken showed, albeit preseason 2years ago, an ability to get open and get YAC. Roosevelt also looked like a gamer last year. Obviously we don't know squat, but why not give one of these guys a shot rather than bringing in a sub-par vet or a guy that got cut from the Rams...however, Alexander is a prototypical Channix WR and he's young and fast with some upside.

If the Bills sign a reciever, which they do need, who goes?

The Bills started the season with 4 WRs and 4 QBs. Once TJack learns the playbook, we'll cut Thigpen and add a receiver.

Right now we're just doing our due diligence in advance of that move. At least, that's my guess.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Roosevelt...Aiken...neither of these guys caught on anywhere else. Aiken showed, albeit preseason 2years ago, an ability to get open and get YAC. Roosevelt also looked like a gamer last year. Obviously we don't know squat, but why not give one of these guys a shot rather than bringing in a sub-par vet or a guy that got cut from the Rams...however, Alexander is a prototypical Channix WR and he's young and fast with some upside.

Aiken's on the practice Squad.

What's with all the WR's passing through OBD?

Still no confidence in #11?

I think it's more of, what if Jones or SJ gets hurt. We have NO legit backups for them on the roster. T.J. has locked up the slot with Nelson going down.

It's not like these guys are great anyway, there is a reason no one has signed them yet...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Aiken's on the practice Squad.

Yes, but he's trying to say that he would rather have Aiken or Roosevelt added to the 53 man instead of Alexander or stallworth. Practice squad or not, he can't play a snap on Sunday. This is a perfect time to see what either of these guys can do on sundays that matter. I say bring up Aiken or Easley to see just that.

That's interesting...so is this:

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk

Christian Ponder explains that Vikings realized 49ers struggle against teams that run the ball well http://wp.me/p14QSB-5w0A

View summary

interesting ... thought 49rs had good run D, that's our only hope.

Big Cat - Maybe they are looking for that "tall, physical specimen" they missed out on in taking Graham...I think both of these WR's are over 6'2". Nelson is out so Chan feels that he may need a tallish guy akin to Nelson for Fitz' benefit?? No idea why, but I don't mind them looking for sales in the Sunday paper.

Maybe time to start using those TEs we have