Whether you like him, hate him, or he scares the hell out of you...

eball

The Bills beat the Browns and the CHiefs, he plays well against below average teams and makes our average team look below average when we play good football teams due to his play most of the time. When he plays well against the good football teams on a consistent basis he wont scare you or myself anymore, however I doubt that will EVER happen..

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills beat the Browns and the CHiefs, he plays well against below average teams and makes our average team look below average when we play good football teams due to his play most of the time. When he plays well against the good football teams on a consistent basis he wont scare you or myself anymore, however I doubt that will EVER happen..

No way. Pats last year, Ravens, Eagles last year etc.

Yeah, he's inaccurate and doesn't have the strongest arm. He's still easily the Bills best QB since Flutie. I for one LOVE having a QB with good pocket presence for a change who can make things happen when plays break down.... and I also love that he's tough with great leadership traits. Definitely needs to be more consistent, no doubt... I would still take him over many of the starters in this league right now.

What? He was 22-35 yesterday. He has also been the Bills QB for 42 games now, but now your going to determine how good or bad he is? Oh boy!

No Im not gonna determine how good he is off one game I already know he sucks. Point is everybody says he's good but now he has no RB he's gonna have to throw more and we'll more than likely get the same result as in the Jets game...

Did you even watch the game? He was 22-35/208/3.

My bad complete 22 passes not throw. And I mean its not like he had to thread the ball in there on those 3 touchdowns.. Spiller made that play, TJ was wide open and so was Stevie so what did he do again? He supposed to make complete passes to wide open receivers I mean he usually misses or throws behind them so stop the madness...

No Im not gonna determine how good he is off one game I already know he sucks. Point is everybody says he's good but now he has no RB he's gonna have to throw more and we'll more than likely get the same result as in the Jets game...

My bad complete 22 passes not throw. And I mean its not like he had to thread the ball in there on those 3 touchdowns.. Spiller made that play, TJ was wide open and so was Stevie so what did he do again? He supposed to make complete passes to wide open receivers I mean he usually misses or throws behind them so stop the madness...

No, he's not going to have to pass more. Choice was picked off the scrap heap from two teams that cut him and our online opened enough holes for him to get close to 100 yards in 3 quarters agianst a team with a respectable rush defense.

I dont know what you were looking at, but I was at the game and Fitz looked great. There were 2-3 times he tried to throw to Choice who never looked for the ball, and that happened once more with a WR as well as a play where the coverage was blown up and he intelligently threw the ball at the ground. So, that's about 9-10 incompletions that I would blame soley on him; how is that bad? Also, he DID fit the ball into tight coverage on the non-pass interference call in the endzone. Thanks for reminding me that no other QB EVER throws to an open reciever. :rolleyes:

Edited by angrygnome

He made the right read and didnt throw a pic

Wow, you must be a troll, because you sure aren't a Bills fan.

"You know Fitz sucks" but after 3 games, he's the 12th rated QB in the league, 1 spot behind Brady. He's tied with Roethlisberger and Matt Ryan for most TD passes in the NFL, yet you run down those TD's because they weren't tough throws.

Don't let facts get in the way of your brilliant analysis.

If they don't go quarterback in the first two rounds next year, they are nuts.

I tend to agree with this--as long as there's a QB worth taking. Also, I do not want to hear, "all the good QBs were gone by the time we picked, so we took a non-QB instead." :angry:Instead, what I want to hear is, "All the good QBs would have been gone by the time we picked. Which is why we traded up. Now we have the QB we want."

I think Fitz is now 17-33-1 as a starter in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Fitz and I am proud he is tops in the league at his position.

He is a hard worker and a great man.

But, as a fan, my confidence level in him leading this team with his play is not strong.

He has beat the Chiefs and Browns so far...

Until he has a winning record against the AFC East and if he gets us to the playoffs--the jury is still out.

One thing, I have noticed...is he has only thrown the long ball only a handful of times in three games and that the majority of pass plays are in a 10 yard range--that yields me in saying he is a top QB in this league.

Again, I am a fan of Fitz...to get me back to fully onboard the Fitzmagic train he needs to have consecutive wins vs. the Patsies and 49ers on the road.

Go Bills and Go Fitz!

Other notables, yesterday was our first road victory since the Chiefs blow out last year.

Other notables, I met Ryan Denney's mom and dad the other night and told them to join #Billsmafia

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Fitz bought himself a couple more starts. Our 2 wins are against teams a combined 1-5, and should be 0-6-We havent betaen anyone yet. It is on Fitz now without Freddie and CJ...If he can get 2 wins in next 4 games-which will be tough, he will probably finish the season, but I wouldnt be shocked to see him fall apart...lose then next 4, and see Tavaris Jackson in there for second half of season either.

New England's 1 win came against a team that is 1-2, and should be 0-3. They haven't beaten anyone yet either...

I tend to agree with this--as long as there's a QB worth taking. Also, I do not want to hear, "all the good QBs were gone by the time we picked, so we took a non-QB instead." :angry:Instead, what I want to hear is, "All the good QBs would have been gone by the time we picked. Which is why we traded up. Now we have the QB we want."

The only way in a million years I see this FO giving up drafting resources (something they've utilized quite wisely to this point) is if there's a sure-thing at QB. And if that's the case, other teams will be hot on his trail too (unless there's a Russel Wilson type available). In other words, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment--given where we are today at QB.

When Fitz drops back to pass and we start to watch the pocket collapse, do you hold your breath?

The point is Fitz scares the hell out of me too. He could throw a dart and hit a guy barely open, or throw it 5 feet over a guys head right into the arms of a safety.

I think the Bills are one player away from being a darn good team, maybe even a Super Bowl team. It just so happens that player is the most important one.

I like Fitz as a guy and even as a football player. It is not his fault the Bills are trying to make him a starting qb. He is trying like heck to be that. The guy has character and wants to succeed, but sometimes that i snot enough. Especially in professional sports. He would be an exceptional back up, probably the next Frank Reich. Unfortunatly this team has no 'Jim Kelly'. Until we get our next Jim Kelly, we are going to see th esame thing. I also think we have enough of a sample size to form opinions on Fitz at this point.

My hope is the oline stays healthy and as dominating as they have been. The Bills can run the ball and Fitz can make some timely throws when needed. He also learns that throwing it out of bounds or away is not a bad thing.

The D gels more and more and becomes great.

At this point in the season we have no clue yet who the great teams are. Not after this last weekend. 49ers get beat and beat good by the Vikes. Seriously?? So who knows really. But if any of us are waiting for Fitz to magically turn into the next Eli Manning, i think we are going to be very disappointed.