For 2 weeks now

To be fair... Chiefs and Browns.

Real test will come with the next few weeks. Sure we can beat up on crappy teams, but I want to see us beat a good team.

How crappy are the Chiefs and Browns though? The Chiefs just beat the Saints and the Browns should have beaten the Eagles and hung tough with the Bengals. But you're right. Those were pop quizzes and now it's time for the finals.

We havent trailed at any time during a game and we stopped the run. We also have 9 sacks.

I like our new defense :)

The sheer improvement of our run D is a bit overlooked fact. No matter which way we slice it, our overall D is middle of the pack which is great for so many new players/new positions and new DC. We can only get better. Ofcourse, a huge test looms for our pass D this coming weekend especially for the LBers.

To be fair... Chiefs and Browns.

Real test will come with the next few weeks. Sure we can beat up on crappy teams, but I want to see us beat a good team.

To be fair, not sure I would call either the Chiefs or Browns crappy. Medicore, yes? But crappy, no? Both of these teams have 6-7 win potential. The Chiefs beat the Saints; and the Browns should have beaten the Eagles.

But I hear you-- the Pats and Niners will pose some serious challenges.

We havent trailed at any time during a game and we stopped the run. We also have 9 sacks.

I like our new defense :)

Completely disagree. Mario is a bust and has zero impact on this season. I don't care if we were one of the worst pass rushing teams last year and are now in the top 5. He sucks.

I think the biggest transformation is the stout run defense. Now it's just a matter of time for the young CBs to get their sea legs back and the future is bright, because Bills should have 3rd & longs on many occasions.

To be fair, still NFL teams. Chiefs beat the saints yesterday.

Jamal Charles and Trent Richardson are no slouch running backs either

Saints are 0-3 and a giant mess, I'm not sure if we should be using that as a measuring stick this year (crazy season).

Listen, I think they did well against the Chiefs and Browns, but neither team is likely heading to the playoffs. Sorry if I'm a bit hesitant to celebrate our vaunted D after getting destroyed by the Jets. I want to see us stop some strong teams.

some people just cant stand a win. if we won, opposing teams had to be crappy. they just love their misery

And I love how people just dismiss NFL teams. They probably the same people who think a good college team could beat a bad NFL team. Every week in the NFL is hard. How many suicide pools got wrecked with the 49ers this week and the Pats* last week? There are no Savannah States on the NFL schedule.

I just posted the Putz passing and rushing ypg stats

pass defense ranking

#19 Buffalo 248.3 ypg

#21 Putz 262.0 ypg

the Putz have only allowed 82 rushing ypg where as the Bills have allowed 100 rushing ypg. KC now has the lead in the NFL rushing the ball.

http://espn.go.com/n...osition/defense

http://espn.go.com/n...osition/defense

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

some people just cant stand a win. if we won, opposing teams had to be crappy. they just love their misery

Chiefs and Browns combined record is 1-3 minus the games against us. I'm not saying they are crappy because they lost to us, I'm saying they are generally crappy so far. I don't see why that's such a crazy notion.

And I love how people just dismiss NFL teams. They probably the same people who think a good college team could beat a bad NFL team. Every week in the NFL is hard. How many suicide pools got wrecked with the 49ers this week and the Pats* last week? There are no Savannah States on the NFL schedule.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Saints are 0-3 and a giant mess, I'm not sure if we should be using that as a measuring stick this year (crazy season).

Listen, I think they did well against the Chiefs and Browns, but neither team is likely heading to the playoffs. Sorry if I'm a bit hesitant to celebrate our vaunted D after getting destroyed by the Jets. I want to see us stop some strong teams.

Cant we just appreciate they finally played well? Last season Richardson would have 150 yards at halftime. This team is better and its showing up on the stat sheet

Completely disagree. Mario is a bust and has zero impact on this season. I don't care if we were one of the worst pass rushing teams last year and are now in the top 5. He sucks.

I believe you are watching a different game than the rest of us. The opponents O-Line has to account for Mario on every play and that allows everyone else on the D-LIne to have one on one opportunities. He did also have a sack yesterday and lots of QB pressures. That is something that was missing last year. Just can't see how you could watch the games and make that statement. He was a great addition to this defense.

The sheer improvement of our run D is a bit overlooked fact. No matter which way we slice it, our overall D is middle of the pack which is great for so many new players/new positions and new DC. We can only get better. Ofcourse, a huge test looms for our pass D this coming weekend especially for the LBers.

I agree completely. The focus coming into the season was clearly our "upgraded" pass-rush but the real improvement has been to the run defense. I'm just hoping taht Gilmore and Williams mature sooner rather than later b/c they're being exposed at times.

Cant we just appreciate they finally played well? Last season Richardson would have 150 yards at halftime. This team is better and its showing up on the stat sheet

I agree that we look improved.

I appreciate that we can beat bad teams.

I want more, though.

Chiefs and Browns combined record is 1-3 minus the games against us. I'm not saying they are crappy because they lost to us, I'm saying they are generally crappy so far. I don't see why that's such a crazy notion.

Frequently, a team's record does not reflect the difficulty of the game. Had Browns played Eagles this week, they likely would have won. Eagles lucked out to play against two key rookies in their opening game.

On the contrary, I am extremely happy that the Bills won. I do believe that they will have to play better next week against NE than they did yesterday or they will get their rear ends handed to them. NE is just a better team than Cleveland. Is that so hard to understand?

I believe you are watching a different game than the rest of us. The opponents O-Line has to account for Mario on every play and that allows everyone else on the D-LIne to have one on one opportunities. He did also have a sack yesterday and lots of QB pressures. That is something that was missing last year. Just can't see how you could watch the games and make that statement. He was a great addition to this defense.

I know. I was laying it on real thick. Darues and Williams are off to monster starts and Mario is a huge reason why. However, most fans get blinded by sack numbers. Mario has had a huge impact for us.

On the contrary, I am extremely happy that the Bills won. I do believe that they will have to play better next week against NE than they did yesterday or they will get their rear ends handed to them. NE is just a better team than Cleveland. Is that so hard to understand?

Before Spiller got hurt, this game was headed to a rout. It was understandable that the O took a step back for two quarters to figure out the new game plan.

I know. I was laying it on real thick. Darues and Williams are off to monster starts and Mario is a huge reason why. However, most fans get blinded by sack numbers. Mario has had a huge impact for us.

The first game, I wasn't very happy with Mario. But the last two games, I've been very pleased with the D-Line overall. Hopefully we can continue to build on this.

OK I had to sign in on my Mom's computer to chime in on this one (I'm home visiting, I don't live with my Mom).

Guys, the Browns freaking suck. Give me a break.

I really don't think it's fair to dismiss the win b/c the browns "suck". Parity in the NFL this year is insane - I don't need to point out the number of upsets so far this season. This was a road game, in bad weather, where the bills lost their best offensive player and we never gave up the lead and were able to put the game away in the 4th. Great win.

Edited by bobobonators

I really don't think it's fair to dismiss the win b/c the browns "suck". Parity in the NFL this year is insane - I don't need to point out the number of upsets so far this season. This was a road game, in bad weather, where the bills lost their best offensive player and we never gave up the lead and were able to put the game away in the 4th. Great win.

Not dismissing anything. Yesterday was a huge gut check and they played a very solid all-around game. Doesn't change the fact that the Browns suck. In other words, the Bills can play a good game and beat the Browns AND the Browns can suck. I saw people on the first page of the thread saying that they could be a 6-7 win team. Maybe in the XFL.

Edited by metzelaars_lives