C.J. Updates ?

CJPearl2

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the Pats will be taking cheap shots at his shoulder, like they'll do to Freddy's leg.

I don't know about that. But I do know they would be trying like hell to strip the ball when Spiller was carrying it in his left hand.

If the shoulder is painful and weak it's the perfect time for a strip. I'd rather see him sit than play with a weakened shoulder, fumble, and potentially injure the shoulder worse.

I'd rather see Gailey man up in this case instead of Spiller.

do we have different trainers on the team this year? it sounds like they are doing a great job getting these guys back on the field. in the past i was questioning the skill of those guys given the amount of injuries the players have had over the past couple of seasons. but this year it seems like they are doing a great job so far getting these guys healthy and back out there. anybody know?

By the way he stayed down, got helped up, helped off the field and then taken away on a cart, I expected his collarbone to be shattered into 12 pieces. I can't believe there is talk that this guy could play this Sunday after what I saw? It's almost like that was the first time he had ever felt pain? Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for him to get back, but it's just a little weird.

Fortunately, intensity of pain doesn't always equate to a serious or lingering injury. I used to have a glomus tumor in a toe. I would more-or-less black out in agony when I stubbed it but be fine 5 or 10 minutes later.

Edited by hondo in seattle

do we have different trainers on the team this year? it sounds like they are doing a great job getting these guys back on the field. in the past i was questioning the skill of those guys given the amount of injuries the players have had over the past couple of seasons. but this year it seems like they are doing a great job so far getting these guys healthy and back out there. anybody know?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing! I hope this is a sign of some kind of improvement in that regards. I don't think I can handle another injury riddled season.

I think Spiller may play this week. If he has full range of motion as has been reported and it is just a pain issue they can inject the shoulder to get him through the game. If it doesn't swell or get worse during the week I bet he plays.

The key thing here is that for next week, its important that Bellicheat is preparing his team to face either a Jackson oriented run attack (most likely from the linited info us armchair HCs have) oOR a balanced Bills O featuring Jax as led but a good dose of Spiller (least likely from my armchair medical view) to potentially a pass oriented attack because both Jax and Spiller are significantly hobbled (not likely bit possible).

I hope that this publicly comes out as a gametime decision as this maximizes Bills chances of wasting Pats PT.

Overall, I hope Gailey views that though this game is mucho important (not only critical division opponent but a table setter for two tough games on the road against SF and AZ, but overall its a long season and I woould rather see Spiller sit than undergo a lot of risk.

Fred Jackson on Monday gave himself a "70 to 75 percent chance" of playing in the divisional showdown after missing the Bills' last two games - both victories - with a sprained LCL in his right knee suffered in the season opener against the New York Jets.

"From the workout and the rehab [Monday] morning, it went extremely well. It looks like he's going to practice Wednesday and we'll see how he feels during the course of the week," coach Chan Gailey said. "I'm very optimistic."

As for C.J. Spiller - who leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage with 422 in Jackson's absence but suffered a left shoulder injury in Sunday's 24-14 win over the Cleveland Browns - the news was also positive.

"Maybe not as bad as originally thought," Gailey said. "[We're] not going to completely rule him out this week, but you know I think it's more of a chance that he won't [play against New England] than he will."

Gailey said Spiller has a "good chance" to be back after the New England game, when the Bills start a two-game West coast trip at San Francisco.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120924/SPORTS/120929418/two-bills-drive

I think Spiller may play this week. If he has full range of motion as has been reported and it is just a pain issue they can inject the shoulder to get him through the game. If it doesn't swell or get worse during the week I bet he plays.

I agree he can play for about 12-15 designed plays the limits his chance of impact.

He cant use that shoulder/arm to straight arm D-men. He will be limited on trying to get high passes...passes need to be near his body.

I agree he can play for about 12-15 designed plays the limits his chance of impact.

He cant use that shoulder/arm to straight arm D-men. He will be limited on trying to get high passes...passes need to be near his body.

Thankfully he never uses the stiffarm and Fitz's accuracy is pinpoint. Oh, wait.......

Why will he be limited if he has full ROM and is taking a pain killer? And CJ isn't a straight-arm guy anyway.

maybe im giving too much credit to the Pats/NFL teams in general, but I just dont think they are having too much of a headache over gameplanning because we MIGHT be running Freddy/CJ/Tashard/White....i think their gameplan is going to be "clog the running lanes, fill gaps with LB who shed blocks and dont let the RB get to the outside" just like it is every week, against every RB they ever face...

think of it like this.

lets say beli is going with a package of 50 defensive plays for this weeks game if spiller and jackson aren't in the lineup. essentially, stuff the box, make fitz throw 15-20 yard passes, something he isn't comfortable with. every player on their defense has to know their individual assignments on those plays. now, if freddy and spiller are playing, it opens up another wrinkle to our offense - the screen, and to a lesser extent, spiller split wide. so you might need 2 or 3 additional defensive plays put into the game plan for each one of those. it may not seem like THAT big of a deal, but for every additional scenario you have to gameplan for, there is a bigger chance that SOMEONE will be out of position on defense. considering both freddy and cj are homerun threats on every play, defensive misreads 5 yards off the line is HUGE for us.

2 additional things - this is why the wildcat is so important - defenses will always have to have 3 or 4 looks in their practice every week just for our wild cat. you can argue with the line of thinking, but you cant argue with the results - we have been pretty good on offense under gailey.

also, its why the patriots really didnt win a superbowl. if you know every play your opponents are going to run, and what their game plan looks like... whats the point?

I'm betting Spiller plays. It's a big game, he said he has FROM in his shoulder, and just has some pain and swelling, which can be managed with meds. I just watched a highlight of a run by him to confirm that he carries the ball in his right (non-injured side) arm, so that's good since he won't have to make a switch there. He might be limited to just running since, but that's good enough. Actually I have more faith in him playing than Freddy, who has a knee issue.