C.J. Updates ?

CJPearl2

It is absolutely amazing to me, with how bad Freddy's injury looked, and how much pain CJ appeared to be in yesterday, that we could potentially have both of them back by early October. Good lord, I just hope whenever they come back that they're healthy enough to not risk further or career-ending injuries!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way they play CJ against the Pats*, maybe there is some outside shot Freddie can take some snaps. Its a long season Choice and White can run decent behind this line. Lets hope this O-line is the real reason for the teams success in the ground game.

Still I think this game against the Pats* is going to be rough lets hope our D is up for the task.

The oline is legit and yeah a decent back can still produce however the Big plays we get from Jackson/Spiller will not be replaced by Tashard Choice/Johnny White

My first thought was collarbone. My second thought was labrum. I landed on my left shoulder with my arm under me with a player on top like Spiller did and it tore my labrum when the shoulder came out. I know, Spiller world class athlete, me some dude who played HS football, but it looked the same, especially for the amount of pain he was in.

I hate to say this, but I would rather rest jackson and spiller for the next 2 weeks and risk losing than send them against two physical defenses. Winning the next 2 would be major upsets in any event. Save these guys for the home stretch.

I agree. It totally sucks that one of those games will be against the Pats. But it's a long season and we need to think long term.

For being labeled a luxury pick and a bust, was there anyone who WASNT completely devastated when we saw Spiller go down?

I hate to say this, but I would rather rest jackson and spiller for the next 2 weeks and risk losing than send them against two physical defenses. Winning the next 2 would be major upsets in any event. Save these guys for the home stretch.

I agree in that resting them would be good, but to just wave the white flag would be ridiculous. Look at the standings, no game is really a "major" upset. Minnesota beat the 49ers, Raiders beat Pittsburgh. Who would have predicated the Cardinals come out like they did after being the laughing stock of the NFL during training camp because of their QB situation, then lose their starter in week one. Winning any game is possible, some tougher then others, but possible, especially divisional games.

I agree. It totally sucks that one of those games will be against the Pats. But it's a long season and we need to think long term.

For being labeled a luxury pick and a bust, was there anyone who WASNT completely devastated when we saw Spiller go down?

If Spiller didn't get hurt no one would be complaining about the close victory. Game would have been over in the first half with Spiller still playing. They couldn't come close to stopping him.

Understand what you're saying but every game is so important, especially division games. I don't want to rush them back but if either can practice they should play. Guessing Spiller will be out though.

If Spiller didn't get hurt no one would be complaining about the close victory. Game would have been over in the first half with Spiller still playing. They couldn't come close to stopping him.

Understand what you're saying but every game is so important, especially division games. I don't want to rush them back but if either can practice they should play. Guessing Spiller will be out though.

I agree, it would have been a 45 - 10 blow out if Spiller didn't get hurt.

Even if we lose to that patsies* we will still be tied with them record wise, and with Spiller and Jackson back we should have a great chance to split the series by winning the second meeting.

I think that Jackson should start but maybe get half the load he usually would. Run him a few times, use Choice too, then start using Fred for a lot of play action passes, where his knee should be OK. I think Choice is adequate to carry the load and get production.

Edited by peterpan

WGR reported that Spiller MIGHT be back practicing by Thursday.

Now that would be remarkable, and awesome. They do have special braces specifically to limit the movement of the shoulder... MRI must have looked pretty good then.

Now that would be remarkable, and awesome. They do have special braces specifically to limit the movement of the shoulder... MRI must have looked pretty good then.

I would imagine they have some sort of harness. I'm not getting too excited yet, but if he doesn't miss any game time, I'll be truly amazed.

I get that, I really do. In a long season like baseball or hockey it makes a lot of sense. But each game is so huge in the NFL, we gotta go for the W's.

I get that, I really do. In a long season like baseball or hockey it makes a lot of sense. But each game is so huge in the NFL, we gotta go for the W's.

I agree, and division games (esp. when you're 0-1) are even more important.

I say this in disagreement with a fellow fan. Should the Bills staff share JR's opinion, I'll defer to their expertise.

I agree, and division games (esp. when you're 0-1) are even more important.

I say this in disagreement with a fellow fan. Should the Bills staff share JR's opinion, I'll defer to their expertise.

Dont get me wrong from my comment above. If there is even a chance they'll be ok, then Im all for bringing one or both back. If for no other reason than it gives the opponent more to think about. I just dont want them rushed back and then sustain a bigger injury that will kill the rest of the season (and playoffs! :thumbsup: ) for them.

You are correct though. We know very little, and whatever the Bills decide will need to be trusted as the best decision.