Do we really need stadium comfort improvements?

WotAGuy

It is kind of bad that I am basically imprisoned at my seat for all of halftime.

Also, I would like to be able to make a trip to the bathroom and not miss 15 minutes + of the game

Same here. Sounds like you are in the Rockpile like me. Sec 241. I take care of my "business" before entering RWS, or go mid-period if I have to. I'm still amazed that they allow you to bring in some food. I always have a 6" Wegman's sub with me for half time.

PTR

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. Sounds like you are in the Rockpile like me. Sec 241. I take care of my "business" before entering RWS, or go mid-period if I have to. I'm still amazed that they allow you to bring in some food. I always have a 6" Wegman's sub with me for half time.

PTR

yup. I was in 241 for 4 seasons, but moved to 201 this year.

mid-quarter is a necessary evil.

PTR

I left near the end of the 2nd quarter on Thursday and after a potty break and a beer I barely made it back for the 2nd half. I'm in 116 and the bathroom situation down there is ridiculous when the game is sold out. If I could wear a catheter and not have to use the restroom atleast once a game I'd be fine. I just hate being guaranteed to miss the game regardless of when you try to use the bathroom.

I've been struck the last couple times I've gone how ugly and random the stadium is on the outside when you enter from the side by the field house (might be the same on the other side). I guess maybe it was caused by the towers they added to the 300 level - but you enter the stadium and if you walk along the outside it's like walking in some ugly abandoned depressing parking lot (even with 70k people surrounding you - somewhere), with no obvious easy/logical way to navigate right into the stadium. It's horrible

Edited by stevewin

Anyone know exactly where in Lancaster the stadium was to be built?

Not 100% sure but I think it was going to be by the Thruway near Lancaster Speedway. I saw one artists rendition of it a ways back. It was supposed to have a solid roof with a geodesic pattern that sloped down to the ground. It was only going to hold about 60,000. Woulda coulda shoulda.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Anyone know exactly where in Lancaster the stadium was to be built?

Here:

http://maps.google.c...York 14086&z=15

The property boundary is Story Road on the east, Walden Avenue on the south, Pleasant View Drive on the north, and Juniper Road on the west.

It is now known as the "Pleasant Meadows Subdivision"

Edited by \GoBillsInDallas/

Here:

The property boundary is Story Road on the east, Walden Avenue on the south, Pleasant View Drive on the north, and Juniper Road on the west.

You're right on the location. Cottrell really scammed the county on the dome deal. Some 45% over budget, and he sues the county for them not proceeding. For him to sue on what he could have done and what he could have made, and ask for the profits from them is ludicrous, considering he really never put up much money of his own. For karma, his estate got like $10m in the end, and he never saw the money as it was believed he dedicated his life to the suit and it killed him in the end

Meanwhile, college football tickets are a hotter ticket than NFL tickets are and they play in ancient dumps.

Even collegiate stadiums are following in the same mode although not as expensive. Have you noticed that most are now named after corporations?

They remodel them to add the "luxuries" and "luxury seating."

Forget where, maybe 60 Minutes on Sunday, but they were talking about how only 22 NCAA FBS schools/teams actually break-even or make money, out of like 125.

The nation's lost its way.

I've been struck the last couple times I've gone how ugly and random the stadium is on the outside when you enter from the side by the field house (might be the same on the other side). I guess maybe it was caused by the towers they added to the 300 level - but you enter the stadium and if you walk along the outside it's like walking in some ugly abandoned depressing parking lot (even with 70k people surrounding you - somewhere), with no obvious easy/logical way to navigate right into the stadium. It's horrible

Does it really matter, I mean really matter, what the stadium looks like on the outside?

I fear that spectating has taken actually viewing the game out of the picture as the #1 goal.

I mean what did people do in the '60s, '70s, and even '80s? Did they suffer? Were the experiences horrible?

Someone commented that WiFi was necessary? Really? Most smartphones and other devices now link up on sat networks. Otherwise, who cares?

Everything has a price tag. That's part of the reason why I don't go to games anymore, the fans have made getting drunk and acting like a$$holes a priority over just behaving like a decent human being and watching the games. Even inside, the language heard even in the expensive seats is enough to make a sailor blush.

I'll take the HD and sit at home and watch. If the beer sales didn't make money they wouldn't sell it at all. I love a beer as much as the next guy, but one, or two, maybe three on the day, not so much that I get stupid drunk or even so drunk that I have no control over my language w/ kids around.

Society has gotten so much more crass.

Here:

Thanks. I always thought it was further east. It would have been right on top of Lancaster HS. I assume there would have been a new exit off the 90 constructed to handle all the traffic. If not, it would have been a nightmare getting in and out of there.

Edited by LabattBlue

I assume there would have been a new exit off the 90 constructed to handle all the traffic.

Actually, by magical coincidence, the stadium in Lancaster would have been located next to the Belt Expressway, a planned freeway around Buffalo:

http://www.gribblenation.net/nypics/planned/buffalo/buffalo.jpg

At the south end, that is Mile Strip Road (Mile Strip Expressway).

At the north end, that is the LaSalle Expressway in Niagara Falls.

Actually, by magical coincidence, the stadium in Lancaster would have been located next to the Belt Expressway, a planned freeway around Buffalo:

http://www.gribblena...alo/buffalo.jpg

At the south end, that is Mile Strip Road (Mile Strip Expressway).

At the north end, that is the LaSalle Expressway in Niagara Falls.

Nice map! Funny that the LaSalle expressway was the only thing completed, and that took years and years... and goes nowhere.