Do we really need stadium comfort improvements?

WotAGuy

Typical Buffalo MO would be to spend millions to dress up an older building instead of creating something new. They need to just go for it, build a multi-use regional stadium with a retractable roof that is a crown jewel of WNY. I'm tired of it...get in the big leagues or get out.

So, if the Bills, County and State can't afford it, you'd like to see the Bills move to another city?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been to many stadiums and RW stadium is in serious need for an update. The bench seats are horrible, the concourses are horrible, the are not enough entrances, and the club level is step behind other teams. If you want to sell out, the venue needs improved (in addition to the product on the field).

do whatever they did to lambeau with what they have to work with, money wise, never hear any complaints about lambeau..

I've been there and that is true. However, a bona fide competitive NFL franchise plays there. It makes a difference. People there expect and sometimes do win on most Sunday's. Games in December SELL OUT because of this teams play. People will their seasons in green Bay to relatives.

The packers have been committed to winning for decades now. Here not so much. from what seems to be taking place this week, the Bills could care less about a new lease, upgrades, any of it. Thus a 1 year extension makes sense if a soon to be 94 year old owner would pass on. Let the new guy(s) deal with it.

Typical Bills.

I have been to many stadiums and RW stadium is in serious need for an update. The bench seats are horrible, the concourses are horrible, the are not enough entrances, and the club level is step behind other teams. If you want to sell out, the venue needs improved (in addition to the product on the field).

So true...

Have you ever been to Ralph Wilson Stadium??? (Serious question.) I used to have sideline seats in row 3 at the 20-yard line - at that part of the field, the front row IS roughly 10 yards from the field.

The seats at RWS are already as close as logistically possible to the field of play. (Unless you have another idea about where to put the players bench, and plan to get rid of the cheerleaders.)

Yes, usually endzone and you can barely see who is doing what and I was maybe halfway from the front row and no I don't need glasses. when I went Training camp I could see everything from the stands there.

Yes.

NFL stadiums have to compete with 5.1 surround, 1080i, running commentary, replays, an on-screen vantage point that trumps ANYTHING you would get at a stadium, toilets that are both clean and only 15 feet away, a comfy couch in a climate-control living room, WHATEVER food you want WHENEVER you want it, as much beer/liquor you can drink, as many drugs as you can take, as many cigarettes as you want to smoke, etc. etc. etc.

"I dont do drugs.... just weed" -Dave Chapelle

While GB has been competitive through the Favre and Rogers era they weren't as far as I recall through the eighties early nineties and late seventies. Despite same ownership for all intents and purposes. Get the right player and the franchise looks awfully good.

In fact remember how the Reggie White move to Green Bay was ground breaking because prior to that "no one wanted to come to Green Bay" ?

Would love it if ten years from now we look back at the Mario signing in the same way. Thoug I am not comparing the two of course as players.

I've been there and that is true. However, a bona fide competitive NFL franchise plays there. It makes a difference. People there expect and sometimes do win on most Sunday's. Games in December SELL OUT because of this teams play. People will their seasons in green Bay to relatives.

The packers have been committed to winning for decades now. Here not so much. from what seems to be taking place this week, the Bills could care less about a new lease, upgrades, any of it. Thus a 1 year extension makes sense if a soon to be 94 year old owner would pass on. Let the new guy(s) deal with it.

Typical Bills.

i hear ya, there is a reason why the bills are not like the packers, the steelers, two smaller markets with outstanding traditions. we all know what that reason is and i will not address it here, only to say it is a shame because the fans in buffalo have suffered long enough with a team that is looked upon as "irrelevant" . the fan base truly is like no other, (maybe im biased), and always wonder "what could have been".

Instead of widening the concourses ... couldn't they just not sell tickets to fat people???? It seems to me that if the averave fan were thinner than that would mean more room for everybody, and save the county millions of dollars

just sayin'

Instead of widening the concourses ... couldn't they just not sell tickets to fat people???? It seems to me that if the averave fan were thinner than that would mean more room for everybody, and save the county millions of dollars

just sayin'

Which is why we need bench seating. Ever see some fatass trying to squeeze into a seat? Bench seats are fine. Bring a cushion if you aren't comfortable.

As for the concourses they are a disaster. WTF did were the original architects thinking? RWS is fine once you are in your seats but the rest needs work.

One thing I would like to see added is a "party zone" section that is not exclusive. A place where you can get a beer, watch tv while seeing the Bills game. Build it on either side of scoreboard but make it open to everyone.

PTR

NFL stadiums have to compete with 5.1 surround, 1080i, running commentary, replays, an on-screen vantage point that trumps ANYTHING you would get at a stadium, toilets that are both clean and only 15 feet away, a comfy couch in a climate-control living room, WHATEVER food you want WHENEVER you want it, as much beer/liquor you can drink, as many drugs as you can take, as many cigarettes as you want to smoke, etc. etc. etc.

Yeah that's exactly where I am. I can be comfortable and see the game infinitely better as you pointed out. And most important to me, I can watch the game with my entire family without having to deal with drunk (or sober) idiots and it doesn't cost me anywhere near the $350 or more that it would cost for us all to go to the game.

I do miss the tailgates and the excitement of being at the Ralph, but overall I can't imagine what they could do to the Ralph that would make me want to go there Sundays.

Typical Buffalo MO would be to spend millions to dress up an older building instead of creating something new. They need to just go for it, build a multi-use regional stadium with a retractable roof that is a crown jewel of WNY. I'm tired of it...get in the big leagues or get out.

Make sure your check is certified by bank or it is not worth the rubber it is paid on unless you are willing to pay costs and cost of losing people who do not see need to pay for a new stadium which would include PSLs.

No One said it was fine 20 years ago, but I see all the time where the concourses are cited as being outdated. The point I was trying to make is that they are either inadequate and always have been, or not. They didnt become inadequate at some arbitrary date when the stadium became considered old. Whether you think they are inadequate or not would be a matter of opinion, and mine happens to be that they are not.

Try being under there at halftime trying to get to a concession stand, restroom, or to the exterior walkway of the stadium. Human gridlock, and no, it is not for a few seconds. Who said it was fine 20 years ago?

Typical TSW MO...completely disregard the financial impact of building a new stadium. Just build it! Feel free to explain the "multi-use stadium" part of your post.

If Gaughns story about adding additional Toronto regular season games is true why would you do the improvements ? The rest of New York state is going to laugh at spending $225 m for six regular season games per year

This organization is easily the most inept in the NFL

If Gaughns story about adding additional Toronto regular season games is true why would you do the improvements ? The rest of New York state is going to laugh at spending $225 m for six regular season games per year

This organization is easily the most inept in the NFL

Perhaps this is why the lease has not yet been renewed.....NYS wants no more than one home game going to Toronto for them to provide the $225M.