Open Season on Mario

Kaz

Like a scene out of the movie "Airplane!", everyone is lining up for a chance to smack Mario Williams.

Former Houston teammate J.J. Watt is the latest: http://profootballta...mario-williams/

I'm waiting for Richard Simmons and the Pope to chime in by week's end.

If you read the whole article on what Watts said, he was talking up the players on the Texans defense and not slamming Mario. He did say they will miss him in the locker room. I knew as soon as I read this article, someone would twist it to make it, like every time someone says something about the Bills or one of their players, to make it sound like "Everyone Hates Us." Dang, they didn't miss him last year, he only played in a couple games before he got hurt, they still had a top rated defense, won a playoff game with a third string QB and could have easily beaten the Ravens in the playoffs.

Mario had a rough game and, rightly so, is getting lots of criticism. It was like having a clone of Kelsey - on a bad day. But where was the rest of the DL. NO ONE is bitc#ing about KW and MD who were supposed to bring pressure up the middle. The whole line was manhandled and the team was outcoached. Rough to watch. Almost canceled the ticket for the 2nd straight year but am going to stick with this team and see if they can win - or find a way to draft a QB in the first round next year.

The real blame is not Mario and his lack of game, it's the inability of the coaching staff not being able to adjust their game plan. Chan and Wanny must be able to adjust on the fly or the Bills once again will miss the playoffs. I beleive another loss like this should put Chan on notice that his job is in jepordy.

+1 ....this is it

I have made this comment before. it is obvious our coaching weakness is an inability to adjust in-game. I often ask myself if Chan & Wanny are watching the same as I am on TV. I have literally screamed at the TV imploring the Bills D to do SOMETHING different. Then after the game we hear the same old BS from Chan...."yeah, I think we'll go back and look at the film to see what adjustments we could have made"......NEWS FLASH: by this time, it is too late !!!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I agree, tough game to watch but the real team will be there for the home opener.

Who are they other than the same jackasses who got trounced on Sunday, minus two of the ones who could actually play a bit? Is the 1990 Jim Kelly carjacking Marty McFly's DeLorean and stopping by the Ralph on Sunday in #14? Did he wedge the 1990 Bruce next to the flux capacitor and hand him a #94 as well?

This season has 2005 written all over it - encouraging things from the year before, dynamic offense, improved defense, arrow seems to be pointing upward....5-11.

The real blame is not Mario and his lack of game, it's the inability of the coaching staff not being able to adjust their game plan. Chan and Wanny must be able to adjust on the fly or the Bills once again will miss the playoffs. I beleive another loss like this should put Chan on notice that his job is in jepordy.

This

People need to understand that DE's are not going to get pressure on 3 step drops if the ball is out on time.....with the exception of 1 touchdown to Stephen Hill where Sanchez double pumped the ball I saw virtually no chances to make a play...

My son and I were watching the game last night (he played a lot of linebacker and nearly went to a Div I for scholarship before getting hurt)

He pointed out to me several times......linebackers were giving free release to receivers flashing in front of their faces.....you have to "chuck" receivers that flash in front of you to either slow them down or redirect them......we were not doing anything to mess up the timing of their passing game.....

The main culprit on this was Shep....who was playing well in run support but was giving free release to receivers that were coming into his area of responsibility

And secondary were playing TOO far off

Not really worried about Mario its one game in a new defense... But Fitzassnuts I am worried about he been here 3 years and sucked all 3...

That's a super sweet Fitz nickname. :thumbsup: Did one of your classmates help you come up with that?

And I love that a guy with the dog killer as an avatar is raging on Fitz. The dog killer threw 4 ints and threw one right to a Brown defender who dropped it and cost his team the game.

I was not impressed becasue the D didn't live up to the hype of pass rushing

but it's week 1. I'll give them another 2 weeks to step it up before I start to trash them.

WTF is wrong with? Personally, I'd cut Mario.

What a joke some fans are. Seriously, besides money, why would sign here? The 1st bad game a guy has, some people completely turn on him. It's embarrassing.

If you read the whole article on what Watts said, he was talking up the players on the Texans defense and not slamming Mario. He did say they will miss him in the locker room. I knew as soon as I read this article, someone would twist it to make it, like every time someone says something about the Bills or one of their players, to make it sound like "Everyone Hates Us." Dang, they didn't miss him last year, he only played in a couple games before he got hurt, they still had a top rated defense, won a playoff game with a third string QB and could have easily beaten the Ravens in the playoffs.

Take it easy, clowny. Obviously you and J.J. Watt went to the same school of P.R. and public speaking. It's called a back-handed compliment. And, I don't believe I twisted anything in my presentation of the article and video (PFT did a good enough job of that on their own; if you watched the video you would see that the host basically goaded Watt into the cherry-picked quote). I'm merely pointing out that everybody has something to say about Mario Williams -- and it ain't exactly positive -- after just one game under his belt. From analysts to ex-teammates to goofballs with keyboards, and so on.

The main culprit on this was Shep....who was playing well in run support but was giving free release to receivers that were coming into his area of responsibility...

I've watched tha game, about 4 times now, a couple on all access 22 and that simply is not true. Shep was on the field for maybe 2 pass plays. Scott took his place in nearly all passing plays and situations. Barnett was having a bit of trouble from the TEs in the beginning of the game but recovered and played better as the game went on.

Not really worried about Mario its one game in a new defense... But Fitzassnuts I am worried about he been here 3 years and sucked all 3...

True.

And guess what has sucked even worse in those same 3 years.

That's right: our defense.

Still does.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9