Open Season on Mario

Kaz

I think we will be (just hit the Hundred Million Dollar Jackpot) lucky if Williams gets over 6 sacks.

I love the fact that he's here but man, now that it's settling in, we really blew our load on a pass rusher that doesn't rush the passer from the blind side. If he was as good as he is and coming from the RDE I'd say he's gonna make a difference. Honestly, I didn't see anything out of him last game that we couldn't have gotten from Kelsey. JMO.

Like a scene out of the movie "Airplane!", everyone is lining up for a chance to smack Mario Williams.

Former Houston teammate J.J. Watt is the latest: http://profootballta...mario-williams/

I'm waiting for Richard Simmons and the Pope to chime in by week's end.

JJ Watt would look good in a Bills uniform

Nice review of game film on the tbd front page today confirms almost all three step drops for Sanchez with no CB help for the DL

http://wgr550.com/tw...-drive/14214214

it's too bad the coaches are precluded from making any adjustments until they review the film after the game. :wallbash:

this conclusion was apparent to any boob watching from home after the first NYJ drive

Like a scene out of the movie "Airplane!", everyone is lining up for a chance to smack Mario Williams.

Former Houston teammate J.J. Watt is the latest: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/11/watt-says-texans-wont-miss-mario-williams/

Well, you know what they say. "leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!"

(I seriously love the Airplane! references on TBD this week.)

it's too bad the coaches are precluded from making any adjustments until they review the film after the game. :wallbash:

this conclusion was apparent to any boob watching from home after the first NYJ drive

That's the thing I always find most puzzling about games like this. It was clear after the Jets first few possessions that this wasn't going to be a "ground and pound" game. lt was also clear that Mark Sanchez was playing pretty well and the Jets knew that they would have to neutralize our pass rush. I'll give Rex and Tony credit, they game out with a far superior game plan.

What I don't understand though is where were the adjustments from our super bowl winning coach? It's not like they Bills had to wait till today to see the film, they have camera shots of every possession from the minute the game started? If everything was going to be super quick why not switch to a cover 2 or to a nickel? Why not use zone drops to at least fill the passing lanes. And why, oh why, don't you jam the WR's at the line. It was obvious that the replacement officials were going to allow a higher level of physicality, take advantage of it.

Maybe in the end, the Jet's did the Bills a HUGE favor. This game exposed a flaw in their defensive mindset that they can now fix. They have to, because every team they play this year is going to try to beat them with quick passes. This game was a wake up call that it doesn't matter how you "look on paper" you still have to play the game.

Former Houston teammate J.J. Watt is the latest: http://profootballta...mario-williams/

I really like Watt. I wanted to draft him out of college. I hope Mario is not the second coming of Albert Haynesworth.

The real blame is not Mario and his lack of game, it's the inability of the coaching staff not being able to adjust their game plan. Chan and Wanny must be able to adjust on the fly or the Bills once again will miss the playoffs. I beleive another loss like this should put Chan on notice that his job is in jepordy.