All Access 22 film

Wayne Cubed

I'm about to take a look at the all access 22 film for Sundays game vs the Jets. My plan was to come back after and break down the series and posts pictures as well. I presented this to the shout box and a couple posters were interested in some specific areas of the game. Anyone else want to hear about anything specific? So far I've been asked about the LB play on passing downs, let me know here and I can take a look.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about to take a look at the all access 22 film for Sundays game vs the Jets. My plan was to come back after and break down the series and posts pictures as well. I presented this to the shout box and a couple posters were interested in some specific areas of the game. Anyone else want to hear about anything specific? So far I've been asked about the LB play on passing downs, let me know here and I can take a look.

I am baffled as to how Jets WR had such separation on quick drops. Some light on that issue would be interesting.

LB drops into coverage would be nice. Specifically angles and depths. From what I saw Sunday, I wasn't happy and it helped create some space for Sanchez and his receivers to exploit. Our pass D was such a clusterf*ck it's not gonna be pretty anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

I'd like to know what you thought of the safety play.

They always seemed late to me, and I'm wondering if that is more because of a slow diagnosis of the play, or something that the Jets were doing to pull them out of position, or just a matter of great placement by Sanchez.

Ugh. I hope I never have to type, "great placement by Sanchez" ever again.

Wayne - if you are doing this every week, and I know this is alot to ask, I'd like to see if there is any big change between our CB's play and cushion given to WR's during the Jets game vs. this week's game. Thanks

LB drops into coverage would be nice. Specifically angles and depths. From what I saw Sunday, I wasn't happy and it helped create some space for Sanchez and his receivers to exploit. Our pass D was such a clusterf*ck it's not gonna be pretty anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, you can say that again. Based on what Wanny is known for and my somewhat-clouded-by-alcohol perspective of Sunday's game. I'd guess that the LBs were simply asked to keep the play in front of them.

Same as I just said about the safeties, I wonder if the LBs were staying home or getting pulled out of position by something the Jets were doing.

GO BILLS!!!

I'll tell ya what, I've just finished the first series and Nick Barnett did not look good in pass coverage on a couple plays. Late picking up the TE.

I'll tell ya what, I've just finished the first series and Nick Barnett did not look good in pass coverage on a couple plays. Late picking up the TE.

Like I said, what I saw Sunday certainly suggested the LBs weren't living up to their end of the pass D bargain much of the time. I know we focus a lot on how bad our DBs were, and rightly so, but I haven't been impressed with our LBs for a while now. Thanks for going through the trouble.

GO BILLS!!!

I am baffled as to how Jets WR had such separation on quick drops. Some light on that issue would be interesting.

So on the first pass play by the Jets, Gilmore got pushed off the line. I'm not sure if he was surprised or what but he got pushed pretty far back and stumbled. Hence his guy was wide open. Gilmore did recover and make the tackle. That was a bit worrying to see though, considering how physical Gilmore is suppose to be.

He did indeed start out a little shaky, but I thought he settled in and played pretty well as the game went on. I'll be surprised if the film doesn't show he played a pretty solid all-around game.

In fact, I was very pleasantly surprised by the Bills LB corps as a whole. They did much better work than I expected to see.

Defensive adjustments. If any. If.

were the cbs playing the same depth all game? Safeties? Did the SLB ever drop down onto the TE on passing downs to actually jam him a bit?

Also, how many times did we "show" blitz, and of those, how many times did we actually come?

I think the soft coverage--keep them in front of you philosophy--is all predicated on the assumption that you are going to generate a pass rush and cause the QB to hurry and force things. The whole plan/strategy goes out the door when there is no rush! no pressure! and that is exactly what happened last week.

Until there is a legitimate pass rsh and pressure on the QB, it really doesn't matter what scheme the DBs and LBs are playing.

To me, the lack of meaningful production by the highly touted D-Line was by far the most disappointing outcome of this game. :thumbdown:

The blame is being placed in the wrong place . . . yes, better play out of the LBs and DBs is certainly needed, but it all starts up front, and the "up front" guys didn't get it done last week." :oops:

Edited by CSBill