WGR App: Is it shut down during the game?

buffalopdc

I no longer live Buffalo , much to my dismay, however, I get my fill of Bills coverage on twobillsdrive and listening to the WGR app to and from work.

The question I have is the app locked not to work during bills games? Over the weekend I was hoping to listen to the game on the app and it kept giving me an error message. This happened in the preseason as well.

If it is locked down, please let me know of any other ways to get to listen to the game out of town. Maybe another app? I know when 97Rock had the games I could use the "tunein radio" app, but I did not see WGR on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I live in columbus ga. We used the tuneinradio for the game Sunday. It worked great.

Did you listen to the entire game using that app? I tried using it with about 5 minutes to go, right after Stevie's TD, and I was only getting dead air. Someone mentioned in another thread that WGR had some issues at the end of the game so maybe it was that vs being blocked by NFL rules, at least I hope that's the case.

This, a thousand times over. TuneInRadio works great and I've never had a problem getting WGR on there.

Same here. Been using that app for the last couple years. It was always for 97 rock though so hopefully being WGR only doesn't change this.

I also contacted WGR about this and this was there response. It looks like in the future they will be airing the game on the app.

"Sorry for the issue! There was an issue with our streaming feed on Sunday; however, that has been resolved for future games and shows. I believe the pre-season was not broadcast, but all regular season games will be. We are also addressing the spontaneous audio loss issue with the vendor who provides our app, so hopefully I will have news on that shortly. In the meantime, thank you for listening and have a great day!"

I couldn't get the postgame either on my laptop or app, which was very disappointing. Theraputic to have some Schopp & Bulldog after a game like that. That's good they're supposedly fixing it.

It's Coach Sal on post game now. They let Schopp stay home since he tells everyone how much he doesn't care.

PTR

According to NFL rules, WGR cannot air live game commentary on their apps. The pre game and post game show should be on.

Boom - this! They even mentioned this about 50 times during the pre-game broadcast. They can't play the game on the app, but they can play it on the website.

Last week something was clearly wrong with their feed after the game. The post-game show wasn't on the web, or the App, but it was playing on WGRs sister station in Rochester...

Edited by Heitz

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to revive this....whats the solution to listening to the GAME broadcast on a mobile app?

These...

tunein radio and go to nfl, buffalo bills and click on the espn gameday(i think rochester) I had it on my phone and had the game at the bar although it was a bit behind tv.

I listen to it either through TuneIn or Buffalo Bills mobile app. Worked fine so far. Was at the game this week, so didn't have the stream on, but the pregame show and all preseason worked fine.

The WGR app is terrible, at least for Droid. It rarely works anymore, the only thing it's good for is checking the audio vault for an interview here or there... and even then it only works 50/50 anymore. TuneIn has WGR550 on their listings, works incredibly better.

This, a thousand times over. TuneInRadio works great and I've never had a problem getting WGR on there.

I live in columbus ga. We used the tuneinradio for the game Sunday. It worked great.