Did Chan pull the plug too early On Vince Young?

PS 56

Let's face it, Fritz has been awful since he either bruised a rib or filled his wallet...you pick. Vince had a horrible pre-season game and he was history. Fritz throws three interceptions in the first game of the regular season and he is still hanging in there. How much more time is he going to get? One more bad performance and Chan knows he will be looking for a job himself.

The alternatives now are Thigpin and Jackson. Jackson who went from starter to 3rd at Seattle. I think Vince deserves another go. Right now we have nothing to loose except the season....

Love to hear your takes on this...flame away.-__

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take Tavaris over VY any day. I just hope TJax has been on a crash course learning our offense....if Fitz has one more bad game, I'm ready to make the change NOW. This is ridiculous.

Let's face it, Fritz has been awful since he either bruised a rib or filled his wallet...you pick. Vince had a horrible pre-season game and he was history. Fritz throws three interceptions in the first game of the regular season and he is still hanging in there. How much more time is he going to get? One more bad performance and Chan knows he will be looking for a job himself.

The alternatives now are Thigpin and Jackson. Jackson who went from starter to 3rd at Seattle. I think Vince deserves another go. Right now we have nothing to loose except the season....

Love to hear your takes on this...flame away.-__

They never should have brought him in the first place, guy is garbage.

They should have drafted, oh lets see, Skelton Gabbert, Mallett, Ponder, Osweiler ...

Trade Jackson back to Seattle for a 5th rounder and sign Vince Young. No-brainer.

Should have went after Flynn when we had the chance

You guys...

The problem is TJ is a Fitz clone who doesn't yet know the system, doesn't have that ability to find the open receiver in under 3 seconds and get him the ball like Fitz has done in past games. Then he would have been like, this is it? One decent WR to throw to? I don't see any QB having much success in Gaileys offense unless its garbage time after the game is out of hand.

You guys think its just the QB, Yea, he is part of the problem. Its also the system, the inability for the receivers to get open, the timing just wasn't there, the players just weren't ready to play. Not on offense,defense or special teams

The bottom line is that good QBs dont want to sign here. It's just like Shane Doan in the NHL. He's ready to bail if the PHO ownership situation is not figured out. What elite QB is going to want to sign here, knowing that the owner is 90+ years old and has left no publicized transition plan in place.

This is what needs to change in order for the team to improve. We need new, stable ownership that has deep pockets and a will to win. Right now we none of that. Fine, RW is not cheap, but man he can be frugal.

In regards to VY, I can only surmise that he was not an "emotional" fit and hence released. He has the skills, but apparently not the mind-set. No one else on the NFL appears to want him. I had no real confidence in Fitz to begin with, but he has not shown any of the stuff he had early last season. Something's wrong and it be long before this season goes bye bye.