Did Chan pull the plug too early On Vince Young?

PS 56

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two pro bowl appearances, last one in 2010,

yup... long ago...

He completed less than 60% of his throws and threw 10 tds in 9 games in 2010. He was like the 8th alternate for the pro bowl. Under probably the best QB coach in the game, Andy Reid, he 4 tds and 9 ints. He doesn't work hard, isn't the msot mentally stable person in the world, and called out his coach after game.

And all of this might mean something if someone was even attempting to sign him but no one is.

He completed less than 60% of his throws and threw 10 tds in 9 games in 2010. He was like the 8th alternate for the pro bowl. Under probably the best QB coach in the game, Andy Reid, he 4 tds and 9 ints. He doesn't work hard, isn't the msot mentally stable person in the world, and called out his coach after game.

And all of this might mean something if someone was even attempting to sign him but no one is.

But he's GREAT at giving fans his shoulder pads for souvenirs.

GO BILLS!!!

VY as a backup thrust in a starter role in 3 games from week 9 last year, won as many games as Fitz in 8starts from that time: one

two pro bowl appearances, last one in 2010,

yup... long ago...

Okay, I'm ready once again to make a wager. Fig, you seem to have a deep understanding of pro football, would you like to wager that Vince Young won't start and win a game, for any NFL team this season?

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Let me put it another way as well. The Bills are 1-9 in their last ten games. The offense has laid eggs like a chicken coop. How many NFL defensive coordinators do you figure are "utterly mystified" by Chan's offense?

Like you wrote, the fact the same coaching staff can't figure out how to get the 3rd rounder at least as "ready" as the rest of the cluster bang on display on Sunday isn't exactly a call for kudos.

Spot-on!

If it's too complicated for a Harvard grad who scored 48/50 on his wonderlic, -It useless. We need to scrap Gailey, scrap his QB, and scrap his garbage offense.

Spot-on!

If it's too complicated for a Harvard grad who scored 48/50 on his wonderlic, -It useless. We need to scrap Gailey, scrap his QB, and scrap his garbage offense.

So you think it's the coaches fault that Vince Young was useless. Again, if he is worthy, why hasn't another team picked him up?

Are you interested in my wager?

So you think it's the coaches fault that Vince Young was useless. Again, if he is worthy, why hasn't another team picked him up?

Are you interested in my wager?

Not at all interested in your wager. I was actually responding to a post I thought hit the nail on the head. To be honest, I was a VY doubter in the beginning, but then I saw glimmers of talent that made me hopeful about his presence on our roster.

Vince never picked up the offense. I get it. -But to be fair, has Fitzpatrick?

If Fitz did pick it up, he sure put it right back down last Sunday. Guess we'll know soon what Tarvaris can do with it.

Okay, I'm ready once again to make a wager. Fig, you seem to have a deep understanding of pro football, would you like to wager that Vince Young won't start and win a game, for any NFL team this season?

right, that would be a brilliant bet on my part eh ( which It actually would)

Unfortunately its impossible now, but had Young made the team I would have done one better ,

I would have bet you that VY would be starting for the Buffalo Bills before the season was over...

Stop, just stop... :nana:

Edited by Fig Newton

Chan and Buddy rarely go back to players they cut. I doubt we see him again

Ruvell Martin, Johnny White-in just that last week or so? I personally was a little surprised to see young released and not Pigpen. Young had one pretty good game then one pretty bad game. Pigpen has been nothing but bad.

Ruvell Martin, Johnny White-in just that last week or so? I personally was a little surprised to see young released and not Pigpen. Young had one pretty good game then one pretty bad game. Pigpen has been nothing but bad.

But he also had a better understanding of the offence since he had the experience of being in it for an extra year more then VY

People need to put down Madden 2007 if they honestly believe VY is a NFL quality QB anymore. That ship has sailed long ago.

2 or 3 years ago wasn't "long ago." Not saying Young is or ever was the answer, but nobody would even let Thigpen on a ship to have sailed long ago, he is pathetic.

But he also had a better understanding of the offence since he had the experience of being in it for an extra year more then VY

And what good is understanding an offense if you can't execute it? At least Young could get a first down once in awhile with his legs.

2 or 3 years ago wasn't "long ago." Not saying Young is or ever was the answer, but nobody would even let Thigpen on a ship to have sailed long ago, he is pathetic.

And what good is understanding an offense if you can't execute it? At least Young could get a first down once in awhile with his legs.

If he doesn't understand the playbook/offence, then he is one dimensional out there and you hope he can use his legs to get you a 1st

Thigpen looked better in the last PS game, and I think their reasoning is that in the event that Fitz gets knocked out of the game, they can live with thigpen for the rest of the game because he atleast knows the offence and won't have to improvise the rest of the game.

It really doesn't matter though, cause when TJax is ready, Thigpen is gone