Did Chan pull the plug too early On Vince Young?

PS 56

What we should have been doing is getting one of the college QB's that had a great career , pick them up in the later rounds 3rd or later like Seattle did .

Or instead of pissing away draft picks lie we did on Asper & Carder , take those 2 picks & move up in the draft to get a QB with a future or at least try !! Put something together that at least resembled what the Skins did .

When you have guys coming out like RG3 which are franchise changing QB's you jump or you sit on the fence . We are still on the fence !!

Don't get me wrong i have rooted for Fitz ever since he got the gig , he is a Bills type of guy , & i hope that this year with Lee helping him with his mechanics that he could do even better than last year and it's still to soon to tell .

It is only one game & one game does not a season make !!

We need a legit WR & a bit of patience as fans , which i know i will get killed for saying that but it's true .

We have a new defensive coach & scheme , along with rookies & second year players on that squad . I think everything will turn out good . I would rather have them kick ass from the opening game but if this was a wake up call & they carry this through the season i'm all for it !!

GO BILLS !!!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My answer is simple.......

Why couldn't the Bills simplify the offense?

I would have kept Young for sure.....I would even consider bringing him back.

That thought has crossed my mind several times since Sunday. For all of Gailey's reputation as an offensive genius, is his offense too complex for players to pick up ? Is the general ineptness of the offense since the second half of last season more due to the hard headed nature of his system and the unwillingness to adjust ? Not sure of the answers but VY having difficulty, TJ inactive because 'he was not ready', Tarvaris not yet fully prepared (granted he was signed late) is leading me to wonder if simplification may solve some problems on O.

I'm not afraid to say it, VY was set up to fail

Starter has a 55 QB rating going up against the same Defense VY gets sent packing on. One bad start vs a whole training camp and 1/2 preseason of doing well. Rotation switched from Thigpen facing the Steelers 2's to not even playing. Brad Smith out there on the 1st play from scrimmage disrupting VY's concentration and getting in his face.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this was all carefully orchestrated to get VY out of town to avoid a QB controversy.

I'm not afraid to say it, VY was set up to fail

Starter has a 55 QB rating going up against the same Defense VY gets sent packing on. One bad start vs a whole training camp and 1/2 preseason of doing well. Rotation switched from Thigpen facing the Steelers 2's to not even playing. Brad Smith out there on the 1st play from scrimmage disrupting VY's concentration and getting in his face.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this was all carefully orchestrated to get VY out of town to avoid a QB controversy.

Wow. Just...wow.

Did you not watch the Steelers game? That was Vince Young playing himself off the roster after Fitz left the game.

Did you not watch what was going on in training camp? That was Vince Young struggling for weeks before he started turning it around.

Did you not watch Young completely implode after being handed the number 2 job?

Jeez, Fig. Set up to fail? In a QB starved league he hasn't gotten so much as a sniff from another team to this point.

There was never going to be a QB controversy for the simple reason that VY never played well enough to force one. He sucked. Period.

GO BILLS!!!

Wow. Just...wow.

Did you not watch the Steelers game? That was Vince Young playing himself off the roster after Fitz left the game.

Did you not watch what was going on in training camp? That was Vince Young struggling for weeks before he started turning it around.

Jeez, Fig. Set up to fail? In a QB starved league he hasn't gotten so much as a sniff from another team to this point.

There was never going to be a QB controversy for the simple reason that VY never played well enough to force one. He sucked. Period.

GO BILLS!!!

I saw VY make a play extending , deep completion to Graham that Fitz never could make. But it probably wasn't the correct read so he lost a point from chan.

I have to agree on the Vince Young not being given a fair shot. He was set up to fail, he never got to play with the first team. I thought Gailey really never wanted him in the first place and he was beginning to become a distraction.( Gailey was afraid of a day like this when Fitz was playing like crap and it would cause a controversary especially if Fitz continues to play like himself in front of the home crowd.) I would not be surprised if Trent was Gaileys man and when he started to fail Nix got rid of him. Chan just cannot judge talent and his system if you would call it that is failing and has failed since last year.

Wow. Just...wow.

GO BILLS!!!

It looks like none of the Bills QB's can run Gaileys complex offense, even Fitz looked like crap Sunday. I can't imagine any of the QB's looking good with the sorry corps of WR's the Bills have, one WR is easily covered.

The timing between receivers and QB was off by so much it looked like Fitz needed more snaps in preseason. then again the entire team looked horrid in every aspect.

Perhaps because of the strike shortened last off season is the reason the Bills started out well in those first 5 games, was the offense simplified for everyone last year?

It all comes down to coaching, the Bills were greatly out coached by big mouth Rex

I imagine we'll see TJ if Fitz throws 3 INTs every game.

And then we can finally simplify the offense! House has a point. Keep it simple stupid. Chan has over complicated this offense to compensate. I think he went the wrong way here. Nix brought in much bigger o line ( dont argue this point with me. ) We should be headed towards a basic game that rewards solid execution instead of trickery. Its the wrong time to suggest this but Chan could learn a little from Wannstadts demeanor.

That said Dave could learn a little of Chans maybe.

But if we cant get players on the field because they are " not up to speed with the coaching and playbook " ala Spiller for two years or even keeping TJ out last week that might be a real issue

I heard one of the announcers in a pre season game, Tasker I think, say that VY wasn't willing to put in the work needed to learn the offense. So they had to let him go.

I had the sense VY knew chans offense wasn't the be all and end all anyway and not the best way to win games in this league, something he's done a lot more than chan. Sadly the evidence is he's right.

I had the sense VY knew chans offense wasn't the be all and end all anyway and not the best way to win games in this league, something he's done a lot more than chan. Sadly the evidence is he's right.

I don't think that at all. I just think VY was to stupid to learn Chans offense.

I think VY was part of 30 wins when he played qb in nfl. Chan has 28 wins as coach of both the Boys and Bills? Hardly a big difference between the two. Unless the Bills manage to win only 2 or fewer games this season, Chan will be surpass Vince .

Vince Young is an unemployed superstar!

And Brian Brohm never really got a chance!

I wonder if the Bills can trade Fitz to the Giants for David Carr?

Let's see, guys that the Bills actually drafted. JP Losman is out of the NFL, Trent Edwards is a 3rd stringer, and the latest, Levi Brown, also has a fork in him.