Did Chan pull the plug too early On Vince Young?

PS 56

That thought has crossed my mind several times since Sunday. For all of Gailey's reputation as an offensive genius, is his offense too complex for players to pick up ? Is the general ineptness of the offense since the second half of last season more due to the hard headed nature of his system and the unwillingness to adjust ? Not sure of the answers but VY having difficulty, TJ inactive because 'he was not ready', Tarvaris not yet fully prepared (granted he was signed late) is leading me to wonder if simplification may solve some problems on O.

Just how complex is Gailey's offense? Timing patterns BFD. If anyone watched steelers/broncos I would dare say their offenses are more "complex" Than Gaileys college crap offense.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Angelo Cromartie can master Chan's offense, then it is not clear how anyone arrives at a "too complicated" conclusion. :blink:

The difference might just be that Rex Ryan actually coaches his players well enough so they know what to expect on each play.

TJ Graham was inactive because Gailey stated he didn't know the offense well enough. "He wasn't quite ready; he's probably still not quite ready.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/9/10/3307988/buffalo-bills-tj-graham-inactive-david-nelson-injury

Just sayin, the Bills didn't look anywhere near ready Sunday. not on offense, not on defense, not on special teams

The difference might just be that Rex Ryan actually coaches his players well enough so they know what to expect on each play.

TJ Graham was inactive because Gailey stated he didn't know the offense well enough. "He wasn't quite ready; he's probably still not quite ready.

http://www.buffaloru...d-nelson-injury

Just sayin, the Bills didn't look anywhere near ready Sunday. not on offense, not on defense, not on special teams

Let me put it another way as well. The Bills are 1-9 in their last ten games. The offense has laid eggs like a chicken coop. How many NFL defensive coordinators do you figure are "utterly mystified" by Chan's offense?

Like you wrote, the fact the same coaching staff can't figure out how to get the 3rd rounder at least as "ready" as the rest of the cluster bang on display on Sunday isn't exactly a call for kudos.

I don't think that at all. I just think VY was to stupid to learn Chans offense.

You missed the point. I think VY thought it wasnt worth learning in the first place. he plays the game on the field, and knows athletes play athletes, systems dont play systems. Like Richard Seymour said "I never saw a system make a tackle." Pats are a good case in point: Bellichek has changed both his offense and defensive schemes over the years in accordance with the talent he had.

You missed the point. I think VY thought it wasnt worth learning in the first place. he plays the game on the field, and knows athletes play athletes, systems dont play systems. Like Richard Seymour said "I never saw a system make a tackle." Pats are a good case in point: Bellichek has changed both his offense and defensive schemes over the years in accordance with the talent he had.

Well, why is it that Vince Young doesn't have a job?

Let me put it another way as well. The Bills are 1-9 in their last ten games. The offense has laid eggs like a chicken coop. How many NFL defensive coordinators do you figure are "utterly mystified" by Chan's offense?

Like you wrote, the fact the same coaching staff can't figure out how to get the 3rd rounder at least as "ready" as the rest of the cluster bang on display on Sunday isn't exactly a call for kudos.

On another note....

"By the last third of last year, defensive coordinators had figured out that Fitzpatrick never looks over the center of the field --all his passes go sideways or up the sideline. Since opponents figured this out, he's been throwing picks. His sideways pick-six to Antonio Cromartie on Sunday at Jersey/B was so predictable, Cromartie appeared to be the one running the pattern. After the game, Cromartie said the Jets were expecting Fitzpatrick to throw sideways."

If opposing defensive coordinators have figured this out, then why haven't the Bills coaches changed things up? :bag:

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8363360/is-green-bay-sync-san-francisco-next-nfl-powerhouse

btw, its Antonio Cromartie

Well, why is it that Vince Young doesn't have a job?

Don't you get it? It's obvious Vince Young just hasn't found an offense he thinks will work against the athletes of the league. As soon as he informs a team that their offense will indeed beat the athletes in the league, you can bet he'll be their QB. Just a matter of time.

GO BILLS!!!

Really. Were you watching the game Sunday? I also watched on the ticket the chiefs. You must know something I don't or they are going to change themselves completely as they sucked in all four phases of the game, offense, defense, special teams, and coaching!

They will play much better, but the pre-season playoff dreams seem delusional. Another middle of the pack, 7-9 type season.

The bottom line is that we still need a QB. Is VY better than Thiggy - yes, but that ship has sailed. Next .......

The bottom line is that we still need a QB. Is VY better than Thiggy - yes, but that ship has sailed. Next .......

Perhaps we can get Kapernick from SFran.

flame away.

Will do... What made you even think to ask the question? Was it all the other teams in the NFL fighting each other to sign him once we cut him? Was it his strong pocket presence and razor sharp accuracy that beckons this query of yours?

Just trying to get a handle on how this is even a thread.

That's not what we are discussing. Every other team has passed on the guy. If we are gonna question anything about Vince Young it should be "why was he signed in the first place?".

Simon stated in a thread that Buddy Nix wanted VY. There was not much support for him in the FO but others went along with Nix as he is the big man.