Rodney Harrison: Mario Will Never Win In Buffalo

Coach Tuesday

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a 100% spot on focusing on the weakness at QB as the critical limiting factor. Lost in all the hype this summer was this hole at the most important position.

However he doesn't know if Mario wanted to go to a more legit contender for $20 million less. That's a lot of money to leave on the table for a guy working on his last big contract.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Guys relax, teams of 16 teams feel like they're going to the superbowl, and 16 teams fans want to fire the coach and are thinking about next years draft....Its week one give it some time, if we're 0-4 then we can talk like this. There was a lot that needs to be corrected, including the defensive play calling in addition to fitzpatrick. part of the blame can even be put on Gailey for not allowing his QB to get into a rhythm with some easy throws and runs when he knew he was struggling. We HAD two stud RB's effing use them Gailey. We have a gunslinger turnover machine at QB who is a high risk high reward guy, use your workhorses. If the season was the equivalent of a 60 minute game, we're only 3 minutes 45 seconds into the 1st quarter, NO TIME TO PANIC.

Edited by Stussy109

I think the issue is that the Bills looked bad yesterday for the same reasons they closed out at 1-8 last season - erratic QB play, a scheme (limited because of talent) that doesn't effectively stretch the field, truly horrific pass coverage, and no pass rush. They ran the ball well, but they did that last year as well.

+1

Truth is, Buffalo has done nothing better, since the Marv/Kelly/Bruce years, than come out following an offseason of selling this team to the fans, and fall short in every way, year in and out. Games like this past one vs the Jets are harder for me to watch than if it happened to a team that had been successful lately. I mean, it's a lot easier to accept one down year in Indy, for example, which leads to a real rebuild, than 15 down years in Buffalo which leads nowhere. If the Bills want to erase this stigma of being the stink hole of the NFL, they have to have a real contender, and thus far - even with Gailey (at least, do date) - all we've been is bettered by everyone when it really counts.

My personal opinion - going into this season without so much as drafting a QB with potential (Russel Wilson anyone? - doesn't have to be round 1, necessarily) just proves this staff was willing to put the whole season on Fitzpatrick, who, even by my unprofessional eye, has only ever shown he's NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I mean, Nix couldn't have told Gailey his genius offensive designs aren't cutting it anymore? It's obvious we need better play at WR and QB - and they sat on that for yet another offseason. That, to me, is testing the fanbase in a bad way.

So by saying you guys agree with Rodney, you're on board with this obviously - "They don’t have a franchise quarterback." , but also with these statements - "The Patriots will always dominate that division. The Jets will always be second. " as well as him implying the Bills won't be competitive week in and week out? For 6 years, the length of the contract? Really? After one game? Okay. Rodney is just blowing his hole to get a reaction, but if you want to agree with him, be my guest. Can't see how you could stand to watch the games though, but whatever.

We need some more players yet, especially on offense, but I'm not ready to agree that the bills will not finish better than third place in the division for the next 6 years. This team got plenty of publicity after the 5-2 start last year, which will happen any time we win some games. We have some talent on this team, it's time for the coaches to get the most out of it.

So if you can't say anything after preseason or one game, when can you say something? When we are extending Chan after a brilliant run to 6-10 to save the season!?

6 & 10 sounds optimistic to me right now. T

After Sunday we just don't like we belong. Chalk up another loss against jets, 2 to pats, split with fins we're 1 & 5 in division. 6&10 means .500 against rest of league. Just not seeing it.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

seriously who cares what he thinks. He's an ex- Paytoilet, what do you expect him to say?

I read what Harrison said and it reminds me of the phrase "famous last words". I'm glad he said it.

I know it's easy to be down on the Bills right now, but there's obviously been a huge overreaction since it was the first game. Last I knew we have a star offensive weapon in CJ Spiller and those other teams don't. The Jets will surely implode when the Sanchez/Tebow QB controversy arrives during the season, and the Pats are a pass only team with a bad OL and a older QB who gets skittish when he's under pressure.

I'm not jumping off the bandwagon and I still think that this can be a special season when this team comes together and get their "sea legs" under them. I want to see CJ get a minimum of 25 touches and this defense to put on a stellar performance on Sunday.

Harrison is a roid head not sure why he's even on tv. Fitz is the worst so it's easy to say he willnever win in buffalo.

Lombardi and bill Simmons were laughing about he cracked rib excuse also. Replace the qb and we might have a chance

The d has to be better than what we saw in Sunday

I can't disagree with his logic at all. The Bills don't have a franchise QB, and there isn't one on the near-term horizon. You can't win in the NFL without one, and I fully expect the Bills to go 6-10 (maybe 7-9) this season. Say what you will about Harrison, but the guy is a hall-of-fame caliber player with two Super Bowl rings to his credit. He was a smart player, and he's good - if outspoken - analyst.

I think Harrison was a cheap shot artists in SD, but I never felt that way when he went to the Pats. That aspect of his game pretty much disappeared.

Whatever. Beat the Chiefs. That is the focus. Forget the rest. Period. I for one am looking forward to CJ and TJ. Bring it on.

Rodney is an idiot.

Your telling me that a player would take a $20 million less to play for a team who has a better chance of being a contender? Dream on.

The Bills offered $100 Million because they know no team with a need for him could match it.

Rodney's comments made me angry so I watched a clip of "The Catch" and now I feel better

CBF

Edited by Canadian_Bills_Fan