Rodney Harrison: Mario Will Never Win In Buffalo

Coach Tuesday

I think what angers most of us Bills fans is that he used the word never.

Who is he to say that as long as he is a member of the Buffalo Bills, he will never win?

Sure I agree with what he said about no franchise QB but that can be fixed in one move either via draft, free agency or a trade.

He is also downplaying quality players on the Bills D like Dareus, Kyle Williams and Barnett just to name a few.

CBF

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodney Harrison is a punk Bill Bellyache back pocket boy. Who cares what he says?

You mean when he said this about Brady: "Take off the skirt and put on some slacks, toughen up". Or when he said Eli was better than Brady? Or when he called out Gronk for partying after the SB?

Good pickup, Chief.

He's a 100% spot on focusing on the weakness at QB as the critical limiting factor. Lost in all the hype this summer was this hole at the most important position.

However he doesn't know if Mario wanted to go to a more legit contender for $20 million less. That's a lot of money to leave on the table for a guy working on his last big contract.

I think we call all assume Mario was only interested in Buffalo after they assured him he would be the highest paid defender in the league. And since no other team was going to match that offer, contender or not, he became a Bill.

Harrison was a great NFL safety. He knows the game. He's right. Just because he kicked our ass for 10 years doesn't make him a douche.

Dave McBride is absolutely correct.

And...it hurts watching Russell Wilson and Miles Burris. How the Frick do we not have a developmental QB??

Harrison was a good safety, not a great one. And he's not a douche for beating us up all the time, he's a douche because he was a dirty player, a thug. That's all you need to know about Harrison. NBC just kisses his butt because he was on the Patriots.

I think what angers most of us Bills fans is that he used the word never.

Who is he to say that as long as he is a member of the Buffalo Bills, he will never win?

Sure I agree with what he said about no franchise QB but that can be fixed in one move either via draft, free agency or a trade.

He is also downplaying quality players on the Bills D like Dareus, Kyle Williams and Barnett just to name a few.

CBF

What did he win in Houston?

The Bills have only been failures for one game? This is more than just Mario. It's the organization. It's the same ****, different year. Doesn't matter who we sign. I think THAT's what's frustrating.

100% agree with you.

I love the Bills and always will. What you pointed out is exactly what frustrates me and a lot of other Bills fans.

I know it's only one game, but the hype and the excitement was felt by a lot of people, and to get that kind of performance was shocking.

Now the Bills can turn the season around, but I want to see the Bills come out with fire in their eyes and play with passion against the Chiefs.

These Jets games have taken on an almost supernatural importance to Two Bills Drive. With New England, we expect to lose. With Miami, we expect to win and then the inevitable loss is almost funny. The Jets fall somewhere in between where it feels like we're matched up evenly...so when we get pasted to the turf it feels like an insult. The insatiable Tebow Media only makes things worse. Thankfully the whole Manning story took place.

Losing to the Jets this past week is not a panic alarm thing for me, though I am not enthralled with the way we lost. Watching all the prime-time games this past week is what is most depressing to me. Other than the Bengals getting smoked last night, and the Raiders having offensive woes (hurting at WR like us) it still looks like the Bills are a ways away from taking that next step. I do believe the defense will get considerably better, but the offense really worries me. It seems like this past Sunday exposed every weakness the offense has...poor QB play, lack of WR talent, and, for me, some puzzling play calling. CJ Spiller and the O-line seem to be the only positives...but Chan doesn't seem to be content to run the ball. Every time I think "surely, Chan will see that we have to run the ball", he seems to double down on putting the game on Fitz weak shoulders. It is kind of frustrating...go with what works, not with what you want to work.

Did anyone catch the "sights and sounds of Week 1" on halftime of the first MNF last night? There was a snippet of Spiller, on the sideline, rather empahatically saying "They CAN"T stop me from running!" In the second half, after Fitz pick-6 to open the half, I think the odds were better of Spiller breaking a 60 yard run, than Fitz connecting on a 60 yard reception.

Seriously Rodney Harrison?

Way to man up and make your "prediction" after the bills just got blown out and Mario was all but invisible. It would be one thing if he had said this a few months ago or even before the season started, but to say it now is gutless. I really hope that jets game lights a fire under our bills because they have something to prove now.

Harrison always trashes our team, I can`t stand the guy. I HOPE MARIO ENDS BRADY`S SEASON WITH BACK BREAKING HIT, I WONDER WHAT HE WOULD SAY THEN

Really??? a FORMER Patriot says this who is a TV ANALYST and you bring Brady into it... man the guy cant catch a break... Now look below and see the teams which one has the LEAST chance of winning a SB:

Packers

Texans

Patriots

Ravens

Steelers

Giants

49ers

Bills

ALL those teams if they signed Williams probably go over the top and would be front runners win the SB again (ok maybe not the Giants they do not need Mario) The Bills even after signing him just thought of as a good PLAYOFF team... In other words you need a Better O for him make a difference.

Edited by PatsFanNH

You mean when he said this about Brady: "Take off the skirt and put on some slacks, toughen up". Or when he said Eli was better than Brady? Or when he called out Gronk for partying after the SB?

Good pickup, Chief.

I think we call all assume Mario was only interested in Buffalo after they assured him he would be the highest paid defender in the league. And since no other team was going to match that offer, contender or not, he became a Bill.

That is an obvious point, if winning was a bigger concern then money he would have went elsewhere, or more then likely stayed right in Houston.

Its show business...Harrison has to make headlines every week with ridiculous statements and predictions. He's just trying to hold down a job. Wasn't Nix part of the organization that let him walk to the Pats?

Hopefully the Bills as a team and organization can use this latest dig from the national media to fuel their fire toward the playoffs.

Let's pass judgement on the team, organization and Mario's decision after week 4 maybe but really in January.

Harrison was a good safety, not a great one. And he's not a douche for beating us up all the time, he's a douche because he was a dirty player, a thug. That's all you need to know about Harrison. NBC just kisses his butt because he was on the Patriots.

I just disagree. Harrison played with an edge and had very good knowledge of the game. It's natural to hate a prick who kicks your ass, so I understand the animosity, but I wish we had a player other teams hated.