Let the Matt Barkley countdown begin!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2- I can't wait til next week when Fitz has a good game. What will you "Bills" fans be saying then?

That would be an anomaly based on his recent half+ year of playing, and really his whole career.

Nothing about the guy says winner, clutch or consistent. This little confidence building experiment by Gailey, by not having anyone to challenge him for his job has failed. Also set the team back a couple of years. Can anyone argue that Fitz has upside? Where?

This game was simply an extension of the Pats* thrashing of the Bills,during last seasons last game.

HOW about flutie/johnson...forget about them

No, I didn't forget. My earlier statement was that the last time the Bills won a playoff game, Kelly was under center. The Bills lost a playoff game to the Dolphins with Flutie under center, and lost a playoff game to the Titans with Johnson under center. Neither Flutie nor Johnson led the Bills to a postseason win.

1- Matt Barkley isn't that good, quit listening to Kiper and the rest of those schmucks talk him up and WATCH a USC game for yourself.

2- I can't wait til next week when Fitz has a good game. What will you "Bills" fans be saying then?

If Fitz has a good game next week--which, let's face it, is a really big if--it will be in part because the other team's DBs drop what should have been INTs. As long as those would-be INTs don't show up on the stat sheet, a lot of fans will find ways to make excuses for them. Just as they'll also find ways to downplay Fitz's tendency to make inaccurate throws which hang his receivers out to dry.

What I want from the Bills' starting QB is a guy who makes consistently accurate throws. Neither we, nor any other team, has gotten that from Fitz. People point to the first five games of last season. But realistically, most of those five games were against weak defenses. Fitz's numbers looked a lot better than the quality of his throws would justify.

It was one game. They are gonna win some games this year. Probably middle of the pack all over again...

I think that is what makes this game so depressing. You certainly don't want to go back to two years ago when we/I was rooting for a chance at Luck (who didn't come out anyway)..........Not after we got Mario and the D line was supposed to be great. Instead they're going to be just good enough to be middle of the pack, esp. against this schedule.

I don't see a franchise QB coming anytime soon. Not a top of the draft guy at least.

1- Matt Barkley isn't that good, quit listening to Kiper and the rest of those schmucks talk him up and WATCH a USC game for yourself.

statement 1 is correct as Tyler is the best.

statement 2 is dead wrong, Fitz is not the answer and one good game will change that, he's had 8 yrs to figure it out and should be our backup.

statement 1 is correct as Tyler is the best.

statement 2 is dead wrong, Fitz is not the answer and one good game will change that, he's had 8 yrs to figure it out and should be our backup.

Instead of burning our 1st on Tyler, at the end of the season we could just trade our 5th for Tannehill.

Edited by Rob's House

Agree 100% on Barkley. I hope we stay away from him come April. I'm FAR more interested in Va Tech's Logan Thomas. -This is the guy we should get. Big, fast, mature, accurate, CANNON arm. -Just one Problem: He can't be coached by a hack like Chan Gailey. I'm willing to sacrifice this entire season to finally rid ourselves of Buddy and Chan. Oh, Btw, we're losing next week too. I see Fitz throwing a MINIMUM of three picks in a 31-16 loss at home. I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Good thing we didn't trade up for RG3!! What a waste that would've been.....we should've given up 4 first rd picks for him.

I'll take anyone, as long as this bum gets cut. He'll most likely put together 5-6 pretty good games this year. Just enough to keep us out of the Barkley Sweepstakes. We can draft a qb in the 7th rd for all I care. There's a chance he's better than our current starter. I expect tjack to get a few starts coming up soon.

In before "it's just one game". No....it's not just one game. It's an entire career.

Found some information about Barkley.

Quarterback coach Steve Clarkson described Barkley as a cross between Joe Montana and Tom Brady.[7] He is projected to be the #1 pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.[8]

. . .

He finished [the 2011 season] with a 39-7 touchdown-to-interception ratio while completing 69.1% of his passes. . . .

He's 6'2", 230.

Well, I'm sold.

But it is likely we draft 1st overall. Even still, with Geno SMith, Landry Jones, and the QBs from Tenn and VT whose names have excaped me, we should have a chance to get SOMEBODY. Hell, I'd draft two of those guys just to be safe.

We aint going nowhere without a top ten QB

Let the count down to locked topic begin 3,2,1 ....

That said Tyler Bray.

What happened to your boy Casey Pachall?!

1- yes he is. If you saw the stanford usc games last year I'd wager that Barkley played/looked better than luck. His stats are certainly comparable. If you watched the usc/su game again you would see some spectacular throws where only the receiver could get it.

2. We'll say he still sucks because well he still sucks. Even the sun shines on the dogs ass some days.

and the QBs from Tenn and VT whose names have excaped me,

Your looking for Tyler Bray and Logan Thomas

Fitz was never good to begin with and I laugh at everyone who supported him and said he was our "franchise QB."

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!

OK I'm done.

Seriously, you laugh at everyone who said Fitz was going to be good? Are you laughing right now at someone who supported him. Must be fun.

The need for an upgrade at the QB position has never been more obvious to me as it was yesterday. The problem with Fitz is not his lack of top-notch arm strength. We also heard all off season about how QB coach Lee worked with him to improve his footwork and his delivery but none of that was apparent yesterday.

My problem with him is his is that for all his 'smarts' he either cannot understand or refuses to accept his limitations and play within his ability. Many QB's have less than optimal physical skills but some (Pennington for example) use their intelligence and understanding of the game to compensate as much as possbile and have been successful. Fitz does not, but rather he has a gunslinger mentality without the ability needed to play that role. On all 3 picks it looked like the DB 'read' the QB's intent and jumped the route. And in all 3 cases guys that I suspect have intelligence levels far below the Bills QB outsmarted him.

I'm no expert at designing an offensive scheme but it seems clear to me that neither the HQ or the QB are willing to deal with the reality and limitations of Fitz and design a gameplan and offensive approach to eliminate these high risk mistakes.

1. Absolutely! I don't know what everyone is going on about with this guy.

2. I hope you're right about that, but I suspect KC is going to come into RWS and get a win.