NFL television map for week one

LewPort71

It's times like this I'm glad to have the ticket for more than just Bills games. For the late game, GB/SF will be much more compelling than watching the Panthers/Bucs locally here in NC. (Farting sounds, thumbs down.)

LOL, from that map it looks like even Tampa Bay doesn't want to carry the Tampa Bay game.

Also, I always like the seemingly random areas of the country that get seemingly random games. Usually with a little sleuthing you can figure out why. Like Colorado covering Bills/Jets, most likely because of Tebow. NoCal getting Colts/Bears because of Luck. I'm trying to figure out why a small corner of southeastern Virginia/northeastern NC will carry Colts/Bears... Is one of the players from Virginia Beach or something?

I have been using this guy's viewer map for years and have found it pretty handy.

Curious as to why he stopped using an overlay to google maps though. Seems like this year the quality took a step backwards for the first time.

I'm sure it's nitpicking but I thought it was cool to be able to zoom way in to the point where the broadcasts actually change.

I love the TV map. Central Nevada is treated to Bills Jets?

KUSA, Denver is the generic CBS affiliate for places out west with no local TV market.

PTR

That little sliver in central nevada makes no sense to me. Almost all of colorado and some parts north of there get the Bills/Jets when NE and the titans are on?

None of that computes with me at all.

EDIT: Ahhhh jimmyo called it I think, the Tebow connection :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

That little sliver in central nevada makes no sense to me. Almost all of colorado and some parts north of there get the Bills/Jets when NE and the titans are on?

None of that computes with me at all.

EDIT: Ahhhh jimmyo called it I think, the Tebow connection :)

If you are not part of a television market, and you have DTV, they give you the national generic network affiliates. Go to the 370's on your channel guide. You'll see "NBCE", "CBSW", etc. Those folks in central Nevada, northern Wyoming and western Nebraska have no home TV market so they get the generics, which include CBS KUSA Denver.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'll buy a beer for anyone who can figure out the SE Virginia/NE North Carolina deal for getting Colts/Bears... There are no big schools around there, right? I would think it means a key player in the game might be from that area.

It makes all the sense in the world. That little sliver of Nevada? It's Area 51. What other team besides the Bills would get beamed in there? I wouldn't be surprised if some tech out there was from Buffalo, and hijacked the transmitter.

I'll buy a beer for anyone who can figure out the SE Virginia/NE North Carolina deal for getting Colts/Bears... There are no big schools around there, right? I would think it means a key player in the game might be from that area.

That the Bears are a strong NFC team would give that game more relevance to Redskins fans. The only other NFC choice would be Jacksonville and Minnesota but who in God's name wants that hunk of crap other than the Adrian Peterson fans in Oklahoma.

KUSA, Denver is the generic CBS affiliate for places out west with no local TV market.

PTR

It's is used by directtv and dish because f their signal for these remote location.

Cable tv n towns provide different tv coverage of loser markets.

That blip in Nevada is a county that is split. North gets Reno stations, south gets salt lake city. Then satelite brings in Denver.

1. Andrew luck.....

2. No Pittsburgh or Baltimore available

3. NFC market so this is a game with NFC team

4. The norfolk, Virginia beach area is a large retirement area where you get quite a few Midwestern transplants so they grew up bears lovers or haters.

5. Andrew luck...

If you are not part of a television market, and you have DTV, they give you the national generic network affiliates. Go to the 370's on your channel guide. You'll see "NBCE", "CBSW", etc. Those folks in central Nevada, northern Wyoming and western Nebraska have no home TV market so they get the generics, which include CBS KUSA Denver.

PTR

While the idea of generic v market is true that isnt entirely the case.

In Wyoming, Nebraska, and Kansas local cable companies are opened on operated by Denver. It's cheaper or them and easier to just feed them Denver.

Under the various laws governing the FCC...if you are in a local market DMA. Some f these DMAs have been hijacked because Denver cable was already established when the laws changed. Before these were not affiliated counties. Some of these counties like the ones in norther Nebraska should be with Cheyenne, Casper, or rapid city. The SE corner is a rural fit to Denver because Denver radio can easily be picked up there. The one in northern Wyoming should be rapid ity or billings...not Denver. The NE in Nevada hold be Reno or salt like.

Same issue with thE corner county n Kansas that is green...cable brings in witchita/dodge city while satelite brings Amarillo. The creator of the site is using satellite coverage...not cable.

It makes all the sense in the world. That little sliver of Nevada? It's Area 51. What other team besides the Bills would get beamed in there? I wouldn't be surprised if some tech out there was from Buffalo, and hijacked the transmitter.

Actually area 51 is to the south near Nellie AFB about 2 hrs from Vegas.....ssssshhhhhhhhh......

Edited by djp14150

Peppers?

It's a crying shame so much of the country is subjected to Jacksonville/Minnesota. Geesh.

It's a big area in square miles but it's a low number in terms of actual people that live there. More people live in Erie County than in all of South Dakota for example.

Here's a question. Why is Buffalo getting Washington/New Orleans instead of Philadelphia/Cleveland OR Atlanta/KC? Cleveland is nearby and is on our schedule and we play KC next week.

you have East Carolina, Hampton Roads/VA Beach, lots of football talent comes out of there, not sure what players hail from that area