How Important is Week 1 for Us?

Virgil

We need this not only to cause the Jets Circus to continue but for tie breaker reasons and momentum....

Every time people talk about how to stop tebow I think they forget how bad we made him look last year our Def. has improved so Im looking for a big day from our D...17-21 pts from the offense I hope is good for the win...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very few week one losses are fatal in the NFL.

But a division game is a division game regardless of where it falls on the schedule. It counts as 2 games in either the win or loss column and that makes it a game the Bills cannot afford to lose.

Show me the baby.

Any team that wants to be considered relvant & a serious playoff team has to win divisional games. Next is be at least 500% w/ winning away games. Any playoff team knows that they'll probably have at least one playoff game one the road. Got to establish yourselves their.

Home games should pretty much be a given.

That's my 2 cents at least.

We need this not only to cause the Jets Circus to continue but for tie breaker reasons and momentum....

Every time people talk about how to stop tebow I think they forget how bad we made him look last year our Def. has improved so Im looking for a big day from our D...17-21 pts from the offense I hope is good for the win...

And lots of Bills fans seem to forget that the Jets run a different offense, with different players, than the Broncos did, and we are running a different defense, with a different DC this year.

Nothing is certain.

To be considered the "best" you have to beat the best ... in our case that would be the Pats* ... however before we can even dream about consistantly beating the Pats* we have to consistantly beat what we'd like to consider the weak sisters of the division ... namely the Jests and the Fish.

IMHO a team doesn't face a MUST win until they have around six losses ... but this opener against the Jests is a pretty darn important game towards establishing the relavency of our beloved Bills.

The game is important, but it doesnt set the whole season up for failure if we lose. If we lose, then we must win the next time at our house. It will be harder to compete in our division if we dont sweep the Jest, but I still see a 10-6 season even with a week 1 loss. Would love for us to do what we did against K.C. last year. Could you imagine beating the Jest week 1 and theyd have to eat crow until the last game of the season, which theyd lose also. LETS GO BUFFALO!!

It's astronomical.

I mean, you saw how crippling it was to New England when they lost their first divisional game last year, especially it being on the road against their week 17 opponent.

:flirt:

Honestly though, I know it's cliche, but it's one game out of 16. If this team starts 5-5, they'll still have a great shot at the playoffs.

That said, I expect them to win, and will--as always--be disappointed if they do not.

Absolutely Critical, unless they go 5-1 in the division after this game...

All divisional games are important. I said that. And 6-0 in the division is certainly better than 5-1. But it's also a possibility that the Jest go 1-5 in the division as well if they win on Sunday.

My only point is that there has never been a first game of the season that was a must win game. That's what I consider critical.

I'm just not prepared to throw the season away if we should lose Sunday. I'm not saying you are, but there are many in this forum who will go apoplectic if we do.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm wondering what a win or a loss will do for this teams psyche.

I think if we lose, the loss will light a fire under everyone's behinds and this team will be motivated to make the playoffs.

If we win, well its just hard to trust them after the fast starts they've had.

Either way this game is not a must win.

To me, this game is extremely important. It's a division rival that has (in addition to the Patriots) had our number. It's a road game where the Bills went 1-7 last years. It's the first game for the biggest free agency pickups in possibly the history of the franchise. Some people say it's not necessary to win, but I believe that it's critical to the mentality of the players on this team. 4 of the first 6 games are on the road, including a potentially tough one at San Francisco in game 5. Off our bye, they get Houston and New England on the road back to back. I don't think that the importance of this game can be overstated. Beating the Jets in week 1 may be the difference between the playoffs and sitting at home watching the playoffs.