Please explain how this works?

Gary M

For the record:

I would like to piggyback this thread to pose a relatively similar question based on a comment I heard from the Obama camp today. Please note I am not an economics person, and genuinely do not understand the premise of this concept, and would truly like honest answers if at all possible.

The guy from the Obama campaign today said the Obama plan is to grow the economy "from the middle class out." Can someone explain to me how an economy can grow from the middle class out, and what would be required to make this happen?

Republicans just don't get the concept. This is why I'm voting for Obama.

I'm TRYING to get the concept. Why don't you explain it to me.

Investing in people, I'm assuming is education loans, the person improves their station in life, higher earning potential, can now buy that house, car or whatever. which in turn helps grow the economy and we all benefit.

Wait a minute. I thought everyone had student loans and that the loans were part of the problem because the loans were too big and the graduates couldn't get a decent job to pay back the loans. Something tells me you're making an incorrect assumption.

Growing the economy from the middle class out: You said you're voting for Obama because of your understanding of this concept, so would you mind taking another shot at what you assume this means because I genuinely do not understand how it works.

You thought wrong. I don't believe that is the situation for everyone. Maybe for some graduates but not for all.

It's too early for popcorn. I'm going to have another cup of coffee.

Edited by Nanker

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG - How many of you were in favor of the republican nominees tax plans 10 months ago? Their primary ideas were basically a flat tax.

An EVEN tax % across the board.

Businessman Herman Cain’s "9-9-9" plan – a 9 percent income tax, 9 percent sales tax, and 9 percent corporate tax rate.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry has now introduced his own vision for a 20 percent flat tax on income and a 20 percent tax rate on corporations.

Newt Gingrich, has proposed an optional 15 percent flat tax on personal income.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2011/1026/Which-GOP-flat-tax-plan-is-fairest-of-them-all

WHY should the wealthy pay less in taxes than the middle class?

They EARN their BIG salaries (well some of them do - research Golden Umbrellas - payment are maid even when they fail), that's not enough compensation?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

OMG - How many of you were in favor of the republican nominees tax plans 10 months ago? Their primary ideas were basically a flat tax.

An EVEN tax % across the board.

Businessman Herman Cain’s "9-9-9" plan – a 9 percent income tax, 9 percent sales tax, and 9 percent corporate tax rate.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry has now introduced his own vision for a 20 percent flat tax on income and a 20 percent tax rate on corporations.

Newt Gingrich, has proposed an optional 15 percent flat tax on personal income.

http://www.csmonitor...est-of-them-all

WHY should the wealthy pay less in taxes than the middle class?

They EARN their BIG salaries (well some of them do - research Golden Umbrellas- payment are maid even when they fail), that's not enough compensation?

That's Golden Parachutes you !@#$ing imbecile :lol:

They EARN their BIG salaries (well some of them do - research Golden Umbrellas - payment are maid even when they fail), that's not enough compensation?

That's Golden Parachutes you !@#$ing imbecile :lol:

Thats not the only mistake he "maid"

he's the dumbest poster here.

Edited by B-Man

For the record:

It's too early for popcorn. I'm going to have another cup of coffee.

Your wrong about what I was responding to, I was responding to the quote from Gary M which starting this thread.

" He understands that when we invest in people we’re investing in our shared prosperity."

I was talking about this quote, not LA's question. Just for the record. Sorry for any confusion.

Your wrong about what I was responding to, I was responding to the quote from Gary M which starting this thread.

" He understands that when we invest in people we’re investing in our shared prosperity."

I was talking about this quote, not LA's question. Just for the record. Sorry for any confusion.

You didn't tell us how you "invest in shared prosperity".

yes I did, go back and re read. This thread is getting real boring and tedious like every thread in PPP. Are you people like this in your real lives? If so, I feel very sorry for you. I think I'm done with the PPP.

Obfuscate, obfuscate, obfuscate to the music! Meazza was right. There's always a dumber poster.

yes I did, go back and re read.

No, you didn't. You gave more bland platitudes, when people asked for specifics.

This thread is getting real boring and tedious like every thread in PPP. Are you people like this in your real lives? If so, I feel very sorry for you.

No, I'm worse. And hardly need your pity.

I think I'm done with the PPP.

Bye. We've been done with you for weeks.