Please explain how this works?

Gary M

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Walmart offers a very competitive healthcare plan.

Yes, but Skooby hasn't been working there long enough to qualify. One day. Maybe. And then...dare we dream....he'll be in charge of the pretzels. Warming them in the microwave. Basting them with butter. Dipping them in salt. Handing them to waiting customers in the generous supply of WalMart wax paper.

You may say he's a dreamer....

Yes, but Skooby hasn't been working there long enough to qualify. One day. Maybe. And then...dare we dream....he'll be in charge of the pretzels. Warming them in the microwave. Basting them with butter. Dipping them in salt. Handing them to waiting customers in the generous supply of WalMart wax paper.

You may say he's a dreamer....

I work in the gun dept. We sell lots of bullets here in the South.

Actually Walmart offers a very competitive healthcare plan.

That's not the party line. The Dems want Walmart to pay for the employees healthcare with no out of pocket cost to the employees. Make the employees pay for any of their premiums is just taking advantage of the employees and not acceptable.

" He understands that when we invest in people we’re investing in our shared prosperity."

http://articles.mark...atic-convention

It depends what you define as investing in people.

1. Does it involve just pouring more money into schools that continue to turn out less results?

2. Does it involve the Federal Government subsidizing obscenely expensive University tuition with tax payer moola leaving unsuspecting kids with a hundred thouand in debt, and for most paying loans for life?

3. Are we putting our resources in the right places, or just funding more cream for the system to skim?

Again, it is the notion that Government has the "answers" to the these very complex problems that vary by State, City, Locality and Family....

The one like that got me really bent was Michelle Obama's statement that "Barack and I had loans that exceeded out mortgage payment".... seriously, WTF??? That it fine if you believe you will earn $200,000 plus a year, but that frankly is not the reality for a majority of people.... this countries attitide that debt is "ok" is very troubling.

"shared" Seems to be the Dem message. What ever happened to earned?

The only ones who "earn" are rich racist bigots who exploit others. They must be punished by the 99% and forced to redistribute their wealth and pay their "fair" share by the gubment.

It's the right thing to do.

I would like to piggyback this thread to pose a relatively similar question based on a comment I heard from the Obama camp today. Please note I am not an economics person, and genuinely do not understand the premise of this concept, and would truly like honest answers if at all possible.

The guy from the Obama campaign today said the Obama plan is to grow the economy "from the middle class out." Can someone explain to me how an economy can grow from the middle class out, and what would be required to make this happen?

I would like to piggyback this thread to pose a relatively similar question based on a comment I heard from the Obama camp today. Please note I am not an economics person, and genuinely do not understand the premise of this concept, and would truly like honest answers if at all possible.

The guy from the Obama campaign today said the Obama plan is to grow the economy "from the middle class out." Can someone explain to me how an economy can grow from the middle class out, and what would be required to make this happen?

I can only really explain it from a historic, not economic sense, but...

Typically, it doesn't. In every case I can think of, prosperity has led to a middle class, not the other way around.

It's a platitude.

But if you pressed them on the substance, I imagine their response would say to invest more in education, innovations and wealth distributive policies.

And infrastructure. Can't have a middle class without roads.