Vince Young Cut By Buffalo Bills

Its interesting how we have a select few complaining that Nix brought in a different QB as it signifies a weak link in the QB position.....

- It does not nor has it ever affecting the STARTING position......which is solid

- Nix from what I can see does not repeat mistakes....last year when Fitz got hurt they didnt want to put Thigpen into the game.....they are trying to make sure they have someone that wont completely fall on their face should this happen again.

This does not weaken the QB position....it solidifies it. TJ is not going to the pro bowl....but you also dont write off a game as a loss if he has to go into the game......which is what you need in a backup QB

I had NO confidence in either VY or TT should that happen this year.......Nix is doing what he has always said he would do...if he sees an opportunity to improve a position he will try and do that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only other reason why Thigpen hasn't been cut, the Bills front Office knows the fan base really well and knows the message boards will implode if they got rid of 2 QB's in one day, even though its exactly what fans have wanted all along, until it happens, then its the worst move in History

Thigpen's a QB?

I thought he was a CB - Clip Boardback

I would love to see what JP could do in Chan's spread offense. I would take JP over T-Jack, at least that way I already have his jersey.

I still wish we would have cut Thiggy instead of Young. Having both T-Jack & VY behind Fitz would be more interesting.

Given the total reliance on pre/post snap reads in this offense, I would think the last thing anyone would want to see is JP Losman trying to run it. Perhaps the worst decision maker we've had behind center since Joe Dufek.

GO BILLS!!!

To jettison your backup QB after the 3rd preseason game is not a good omen.

First of all, Vince Young is not our backup and never was. He was brought in to win that job and failed. Thigpen won't be jettisoned until after the 4th preseason game, and I would love to hear why that is a bad omen.

I was one that did. Dont worry though, I'm not eating any crow over this. This team looks bad with or without VY. The Oline is weak and Fitz is still going down by week 6. Good thing with have Pig and TJ. I'm sure we'll be ok. :)

Who was the dude that guaranteed Young would be starting by week 6?

It's the same thing with Lee Evans, Roscoe and now VY. If the Bills don't need you....the chances of remaning in the League are almost none. Oh, except if your name is Maybin.

Speaking of Maybin, I watched the Jets game last night and Maybin/Maybenot played the entire game. He was getting shut down by 3rd string WR's blocking him. I think he gets cut on the next cut down.

Good points by Tim Graham on why Thigpen has yet to be released:

http://blogs.buffalo...f-reprieve.html

Very good blog by Tim, as usual. It's actually a decent opportunity for Thigpen's last shot at making a roster this season I would think. He could play about a half. If he plays well, suddenly a team could say he is not horrible as a #2 or #3 in a pinch due to injury. If he was cut today, he would have a very hard time being added to any team's roster before the season started, as well as having lousy film on him in his short time on the field this pre-season.

I am still wondering why they brought PigPen back after seeing his play last season?

Exactly. Why is he even on the roster at this point. Makes no sense to me. It's only Pre-Season and I got a bad pain in my gut about this team. I know nothing official has happened yet this season, but IDK yet. Gotta take some time to digest all this nonsense...

Fwiw, the decision to bring in Vince Young was NOT a unanimous one in the front office.

But the big man had the final say so those who weren't on board just decided to grin and bear it.

Fwiw, the decision to bring in Vince Young was NOT a unanimous one in the front office.

But the big man had the final say so those who weren't on board just decided to grin and bear it.

Are the grinners and bearers now party to trading for TJ or was that also forced by the big man ?

EDIT: I should read more and post less: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/149200-nix-has-had-eye-on-jackson-for-a-while/

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Thanx. Now if only if an experienced WR or LB were to become available, we will be golden. I would say even ones in the twilight of their career but capable of giving a good go for 1-2 years will be fine.

I am in full agreement and believe the front office is as well. However the only two names I could get about potential LB's were "due" and "diligence" because they're still waiting on cuts. :blush: