Vince Young Cut By Buffalo Bills

A better question is, why bother to keep players on the roster that suck just because you signed them as free agents?

I do feel bad about Merriman, but ultimately he was under contract to play football, not recruit. It had to be done.

+1

Signings and cuts should be smart and do everything they can to get the most talent possible on the 53 man roster. I'm sorry VY didn't work out, and more sorry Merriman didn't (although I think the 4-3 hurt his chances as much as anything), but I'm glad that our front office is making each move thinking about who is better. Clearly they think Jackson > VY, and I would tend to agree with them.

I have my doubts on Jackson, and I think we are charismatic but not so great at first string and talented and inconsistent on second string now, but we are probably better off than with VY and the obviously going to get cut anyway Thigpen. We still need to draft our QB of the future at some point, but in the meantime it is crucial to try to get him the best backup option we can. Since those decisions can be made along the way and without major franchise earthquakes unlike the #1 spot.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with competent often pro bowl QBs "hitting the wall" in the current NFL seemingly overnight with apparent years of shelf life left. Culpepper, Delhome, Mcnabb, Garrard, Young. In the old NFL it would take many years of steady decline for a vet signal caller to be rendered useless.

Vince Young ‏@VinceYoung

"I want to thank the Bills organization for the opportunity and wish the organization and my teammates good luck this season".

I'm gonna kinda miss that Caracara

I was pulling for VY but evidently the Bills gave him a game plan to work with on Sat and they didn't like how he worked it.

Hope he finds another home, I'm sure that's why they cut him promptly to give him the best chance.

Edited by Hopeful