All Hail Kyle Williams

"Pulled" is completely different from Being gassed and beaten and needing a rest. The fact is, that the coach never should have taken timeouts and his headed into the tunnel up by 7 instead of getting greedy. The offense had multiple chances from the 50 or so yard line and couldn't score more than 7 in the half. They should have just taken the lead and called it a half. It's Gailey outsmarting himself again. Kill the clock when you have the lead and run it as much as possible. It's really not that hard to figure it out. This is going to be our season if Gailey doesn't get rid of his ego.

Of course you call time-out there. That's a no brainer. I doubt there is any coach that wouldn't. Especially in pre-season but regardless, that's when you call a time-out. The people I was watching the game with, everyone was yelling call timeout, and then praising the Bills for calling TO so quickly. Usually they wait a few precious seconds. That was absolutely the right call.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Pulled" is completely different from Being gassed and beaten and needing a rest. The fact is, that the coach never should have taken timeouts and his headed into the tunnel up by 7 instead of getting greedy. The offense had multiple chances from the 50 or so yard line and couldn't score more than 7 in the half. They should have just taken the lead and called it a half. It's Gailey outsmarting himself again. Kill the clock when you have the lead and run it as much as possible. It's really not that hard to figure it out. This is going to be our season if Gailey doesn't get rid of his ego.

To the point of the post. Yes, Kyle looked like a monster. I'd expect that out of him next to Mario and Marcell.

You keep saying they could ahve gone into the locker room with the lead. They didn't HAVE the lead. They were tied 7-7.

Honestly I put it on the secondary that Big Ben was allowed to pick us apart on that one drive. They were keeping 7 in protection against 4 guys. That's not really the D-lines problem to get to the QB 4 vs 7 is unfair. But its up to the secondary to be able to cover 3 receivers with 7 players.

You need to rethink that one. The ABSOLUTE right thing to do is take those timeouts in that situation. You make a stop on 3rd down, they're punting from the back line of the endzone, and you have ball in Pitt territory with a minute on the clock for your offense to go to work on a short field. I don't understand your reasoning behind letting the clock run, other than to suit a 20/20 hindsight scenario.

GO BILLS!!!

I have thought about it. The fact is, the Bills O had multiple chances (3 or 4) I believe to score from right around the 50 yard line throughout the first half. It was clear they weren't getting it done. You save face and go into the half with the lead and injury free. As it so happens, Gilmore had a scare on the TD and cramped up. Hike laying on the field, all I could think about was how bad would it have been if he was out for the year because Chan wanted to get another shot at the end zone in a pre season game and failed.

I have thought about it. The fact is, the Bills O had multiple chances (3 or 4) I believe to score from right around the 50 yard line throughout the first half. It was clear they weren't getting it done. You save face and go into the half with the lead and injury free. As it so happens, Gilmore had a scare on the TD and cramped up. Hike laying on the field, all I could think about was how bad would it have been if he was out for the year because Chan wanted to get another shot at the end zone in a pre season game and failed.

Like I said previously, it seems like you're trying to make an argument based on 20/20 hindsight. "As it happens" would seem to indicate that.

And Gilmore cramping up on the TD pass had absolutely nothing to do with the coaches decision to call timeouts with the Steelers pinned on their goal line. Nothing at all. You seem to be really reaching here.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

The defense will be a work in progress for the first few weeks. As many positives as we have seen thus far, things don't gel completely overnight--- or even over training camp with a new D coordinator and 3-4 new starters. I expect there to be several flashes of brilliance and a few speed bumps along the way so I'm not overly concerned with that drive, as ugly as it was.

From my vantage point in Section 129 I can't speak to how often the starting D-line were out there, although they clearly came out when the Steelers reached the 15 after being out for several plays. Regardless, the front four rotation is another issue that needs to be ironed out.

And yes, All Hail Kyle Williams! He should continue to be the biggest beneficiary of the Mario signing.

Honestly I put it on the secondary that Big Ben was allowed to pick us apart on that one drive. They were keeping 7 in protection against 4 guys. That's not really the D-lines problem to get to the QB 4 vs 7 is unfair. But its up to the secondary to be able to cover 3 receivers with 7 players.

Finally. I was starting to wonder if I was watching the same game as everyone else.

Like I said previously, it seems like you're trying to make an argument based on 20/20 hindsight. "As it happens" would seem to indicate that.

And Gilmore cramping up on the TD pass had absolutely nothing to do with the coaches decision to call timeouts with the Steelers pinned on their goal line. Nothing at all. You seem to be really reaching here.

GO BILLS!!!

I disagree with you here. It's the pre season and there's a possibility for injury. Our offense had multiple chances to score from the 50 yard line in the half and didn't. Call it a day and head to the half healthy and tied and able to come out in the 2nd half with the ball. If someone wild have been injured it's not hindsight, it's foresight for seeing that this game means nothing and it's not worth it to risk it. Then there's always the other side of it, the fact that we helped the Steelers stop the clock and take advantage the additional time. I just disagree with the call on so many levels. If yu don't, that's fine, but it was pre season and it meant nothing either way. All they did was give other teams video on how to beat the Bills in a 2 minute drill. Max protection on the line and have your burners run circles around our young DBs and LBs. At the end of the day, I am right because we were scored on and that's a fact.

I disagree with you here. It's the pre season and there's a possibility for injury. Our offense had multiple chances to score from the 50 yard line in the half and didn't. Call it a day and head to the half healthy and tied and able to come out in the 2nd half with the ball. If someone wild have been injured it's not hindsight, it's foresight for seeing that this game means nothing and it's not worth it to risk it. Then there's always the other side of it, the fact that we helped the Steelers stop the clock and take advantage the additional time. I just disagree with the call on so many levels. If yu don't, that's fine, but it was pre season and it meant nothing either way. All they did was give other teams video on how to beat the Bills in a 2 minute drill. Max protection on the line and have your burners run circles around our young DBs and LBs. At the end of the day, I am right because we were scored on and that's a fact.

I've never known ANYONE to be wrong with the benefit of hindsight. That's not exactly something to be proud of. But hey, feel free to shout it from the mountain tops.

And while other teams have a video of how to beat the Bills in a two minute drill, I will rest easy knowing that VERY FEW TEAMS have a Ben Roethlisberger to execute those two minutes.

GO BILLS!!!

I've never known ANYONE to be wrong with the benefit of hindsight. That's not exactly something to be proud of. But hey, feel free to shout it from the mountain tops.

And while other teams have a video of how to beat the Bills in a two minute drill, I will rest easy knowing that VERY FEW TEAMS have a Ben Roethlisberger to execute those two minutes.

GO BILLS!!!

Well, I was at the game yelling exactly what was going to happen when we started taking timouts so it really was foresight. It's just a matter of a few hours before i got onto here to talk about it. All I can say is we should be thanking our lucky stars we didn't get anyone injured and we better hope that Gilmore is really just cramped and it's not a hammy. And we better hope the D really was in vacation mode or we are going to have a much longer season than we all hoped for. Big Ben destroyed our starting defense on that drive like he was against a high school team.

Dammit, I thought when I clicked on "All Hail Kyle Williams" the replies would be about, ohhh I don't know, Maybe Kyle Williams?!?!?! WTF?!?!

Edited by Dopey

Dammit, I thought when I clicked on "All Hail Kyle Williams" the replies would be about, ohhh I don't know, Maybe Kyle Williams?!?!?! WTF?!?!

Ya well, someone got me off topic with false information. Argument got out of hand and off topic. The only fact here is that Kyle is a monster and being between Dareus and Williams he will be dominant this year. I haven't been the biggest supporter of his in the past but I do think he gets the best of the advantages from picking up Mario and Mark. Go Kyle!!! Go Bills!!!

Edited by mrags

You've been a member here for almost two years and this is the first thread you've come into that has discussions OTHER than the OP's person of interest?

You've been a member here for almost two years and this is the first thread you've come into that has discussions OTHER than the OP's person of interest?

First?!?!?! No, but but you guys have TOTALLY gotten away from the topic. Take a look at page 2 and only a couple of entries actually deal with Kyle being a stud. Even Punch tried to stear the conversation back to Kyle, but nope. I thought my subtle approach might help. I've seen people complain for less than this. mrag got it. Thanks.Hope my answer suffices.

From what I could see< the Bills did very little as far as blitzing. I know they want to get as much done witht the front four as they can withouth having to blitz, but I have to think that if it was a regular season game, they would have sent at least one extra guy in on the play and Big Ben wouldnt have stood back there so long. They will learn from their mistakes!

And yes Kyle was a beast. He was blowing his blocker into the backfield on most plays.

Edited by CarolinaBillsFan