WGR 550AM-Lack of Bills talk and the epic discussion about olives

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Sirius/XM - they have NFL radio (pure aural awesomeness), Fox Sports, ESPN, ESPN News, all the NFL games, and a bunch of other sports related programming.

I just had this thought yesterday. Some TSW posters really know how to develop topics that create discussion.

This. And they've been giving the Bills plenty of props as well.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can be WGR's biggest critic, but how much football do you want them to talk about? If they had guests on(other than a steady diet of Hamilton, Sullivan and now Joe B), I could see it, but how much of the same nonsense can they rehash day in and day out?

Hey i hear ya but it would be nice if they could at least talk about the match up this week instead who Sanchez is dating or i on fantasy nobody cares about that crap at least i don't.

Holy Crap I get SOO SICK OF THIS. What the hell is there to talk about??? THey have not played a game yet!! Do you want to keep talking about roster moves? Should they have kept some undrafted FA? Is Fitz the answer? Will Mario get a sack? Will they blitz more. These same conversations have been going on for 6 months. They need to PLAY A GAME so that there is something to talk about!

If any more than 5% of the listening audience wanted to hear them drone over those same topics constantly I'm sure they would be doing it, but I, along with the other 95% would turn off the radio.

I hear what you are saying and agree with what you said to a certain extent but I can also see why others are complaining. They do go off the beating path and talk about some screwball topics at times. WGR is listed as sports talk radio just click on the listen live button and you will see that they are listed as that. I know that they want to be more of what guys would talk about in a bar kind of show but shouldn't that be listed under something else besides sports talk?

Hey i hear ya but it would be nice if they could at least talk about the match up this week instead who faggit Sanchez is dating or i on fantasy nobody cares about that crap at least i don't.

doesnt bother me, but some Pc'ers on here got their speedos in a bunch over a poster using the term "DOLPHAGS" , just an fyi, this board is not as folksy as you think. lots of people taking offense to things i wouldnt expect guys to let get to them.

Schopp is a guy, who doesn't like sports other than baseball and tennis. However due to his job, he is required to talk about Football. So... like anyone who doesn't like something, he does his best to relate to it without trying hard and diving into it. What he can do is tell you his thoughts on tickets, jersey colors, stadium concessions, the schedule. and he can formulate opinions on star players. It's also why he can't answer questions about the full roster, scheme, or really analyze anything. He does the bare minimum on topics he has no interest in.

On a side note, it's hilarious to listen to Schopp stammer through his live reader for an RV dealership. He is really trying to make it sound interesting, but it's obvious he can't relate and the only camping he has ever done was at a Hampton Inn. He stops just short of saying "you people" when talking about RV enthusiasts.

Its Bills season i wanna here about the Bills And Jets match up this week. I dont wanna here about music, baseball or hockey. WTF is the matter with these guys.

Invest in Satellite Radio. The NFL Channel is wicked awesome. As is NHL / College Sports / Boneyard / etc. I live in Philly and the sports radio talk show station I am not a fan of.

Why does anyone listen to WGR.. at all?

Exactly. GR is absolutely amateur. Most people here seem to be targeting Schoop & the lap dog, but Simon & whatever are just as bad. They barely distinguish themselves from college radio. A city with two pro franchises certainly deserves better.