WGR 550AM-Lack of Bills talk and the epic discussion about olives

Get Satellite radio. In a typical week I listen to NFL radio (it's as awesome as it sounds and there's plenty of Bills talk), Fantasy Football radio (yup an entire station), Stern, ESPN radio, Fox sports radio...I rarely listen to the college radio station that is WGR. I still tune in to hear John Murphy if I'm around a radio in the evening, but my life has been free of Jeremy White and his moronic statements for over a year.

Plus, and I cannot stress this enough, satellite doesn't have Riverfront Auto commercials. I was so sick of that guy who plays Mama Peccoraro wheezing into the microphone like it was his last breath.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy Bulldog. He reminds me of the every day guy. But I can't stand Schopp. He is an arrogant SOB who will cut you off and hang up on you if he doesn't agree with your opinion.

My biggest beef with Bulldog is he is afraid to take a position and stick with it. You ask him anything and he stammers around both sides of an argument for 2 minutes, finally settles on one side, then tags it with "...I don't know, I think?" :doh: Way to take a bold stand there 'dog.

PTR

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Hey jw.

When you interview Rus Brandon, ask him why he lied about the Rogers Centre scheduling conflict.

Sincerely,

JW

wha? it's my understanding that Rogers Centre was in negotiations with Bruce Springsteen to host a concert there. the timing of the show was unsettled, but targeted for a date sometime this weekend. turns out, that date was Friday. at the time, it the date was unclear and it was also uncertain an what day the Bills third preseason game would fall.

the Bills didn't want to play on a Sunday, because it would give them very limited time in turning things around for their game at Detroit on thursday. so i have absolutely no clue what exactly you're talking about.

jw

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

clearly, it's about olives, i think.

jw

wha? it's my understanding that Rogers Centre was in negotiations with Bruce Springsteen to host a concert there. the timing of the show was unsettled, but targeted for a date sometime this weekend. turns out, that date was Friday. at the time, it the date was unclear and it was also uncertain an what day the Bills third preseason game would fall.

the Bills didn't want to play on a Sunday, because it would give them very limited time in turning things around for their game at Detroit on thursday. so i have absolutely no clue what exactly you're talking about.

jw

Joe W is just on a fabricated rant.

PTR

Sometimes, I dupe myself into believing that Schoop & The Bulldog might actually talk about sports--instead they talk about socks, olives, cars, poutine, liscence plates, barbies, what types of paper towels to use, how hot it is outside, the difference of why people call it catsup or ketchup...etc...etc

I still hold on, but the sports guy in me would like them put out to pasture!

jw

clearly, it's about olives, i think.

jw

Hmm tonight is also available there, if "The Boss" concert is on Fri you play on Sat and vice versa. The Sunday nonsense is just that - nonsense.

Don't believe Brandon's double-speak, when you see him ask if Rogers pays for this game and ask him what the status of Roger's renewal of the series is.

JW

Hmm tonight is also available there, if "The Boss" concert is on Fri you play on Sat and vice versa. The Sunday nonsense is just that - nonsense.

Don't believe Brandon's double-speak, when you see him ask if Rogers pays for this game and ask him what the status of Roger's renewal of the series is.

JW

Ahh yes of course, JW the journalist doesn't know what he's talking about and only you can see through the Bills shroud of lies.

Ahh yes of course, JW the journalist doesn't know what he's talking about and only you can see through the Bills shroud of lies.

Well, tonight, Saturday and Sunday are available at the Rogers centre, not to mention the night of the first preseason game. If Wowrow can't see through that, then he's not much of journalist. Just sayin'

JW

JW

believe what you want. don't know how this applies to this topic, unless i offer to extend you an olive branch. but that's stretching it at best.

jw

believe what you want. don't know how this applies to this topic, unless i offer to extend you an olive branch. but that's stretching it at best.

jw

Believe what I want ? It's clear as day that Brandon is lying, there was/is no scheduling conflict and if you believe otherwise I have a signature Peace Bridge I'd like to sell you. Roger's steamrolled him into taking the game back

Ask him the next time you interview him, if says otherwise he's doubly a bald-faced liar..

Who cares if its off-topic, this isn't rocket science And with that, GOOD NIGHT NOW.

JW

Well, tonight, Saturday and Sunday are available at the Rogers centre, not to mention the night of the first preseason game. If Wowrow can't see through that, then he's not much of journalist. Just sayin'

JW

pardon me? i've explained what i was told back in february, and it turns out that what i was told is exactly how it came down.

and because i failed to provide you the answer you were looking for in order to fit your one-trick pony of a conspiracy theory, you now go after me?

i might not be able to see through what you claim i can't see, and yet, strangely, in this brief interaction, it hasn't taken long for me figure you out. guess i'm one for two.

jw

Olives and Spider Man's 50th Birthday yesterday. Turned it off. It would be nice to have sports talk from 3-7pm on the only sports station in town. Now they are the Bills station along with the Sabres and 3-7pm is just wasted and had been for years. Sometimes change is good.

Believe what I want ? It's clear as day that Brandon is lying, there was/is no scheduling conflict and if you believe otherwise I have a signature Peace Bridge I'd like to sell you. Roger's steamrolled him into taking the game back

Ask him the next time you interview him, if says otherwise he's doubly a bald-faced liar..

Who cares if its off-topic, this isn't rocket science And with that, GOOD NIGHT NOW.

JW

it's clear that you're quite off your rocker, but to suggest people are lying without providing any semblance of proof is insincere and certainly not a something someone in my profession would consider doing. but then, you seem to know how this journalism gig works.

it's a little different than how this message board works. you see, anyone can come on here and shake their fist at their computer and go on and on about something, repeating it so many times until they're quite confidently deluded that they're unconditionally right, to which point they proceed to proclaim to the intrawebs that:

"I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, AND I'M GOING TO SAY IT. AND IF SOMEONE SAYS ANYTHING DIFFERENT, WELL, I'M GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN, AND LOUDER, AND CALL PEOPLE OUT ON STUFF, BECAUSE I HAVE A POINT AND I'M VERY PROUD OF IT, AND IT'S BECOME SUCH AN OBSESSION THAT MY ENTIRE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND THIS THEORY, WHICH ISN'T A THEORY BUT INSTEAD A FACT ...."

and then mom calls down into the basement, suggesting to get off the computer because it's beddy-byes time. night night.

jw

oh, and i don't care what anyone says, i still don't like olives. just sayin'

Edited by john wawrow

it's clear that you're quite off your rocker, but to suggest people are lying without providing any semblance of proof is insincere and certainly not a something someone in my profession would consider doing. but then, you seem to know how this journalism gig works.

it's a little different than how this message board works. you see, anyone can come on here and shake their fist at their computer and go on and on about something, repeating it so many times until they're quite confidently deluded that they're unconditionally right, to which point they proceed to proclaim to the intrawebs that:

"I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, AND I'M GOING TO SAY IT. AND IF SOMEONE SAYS ANYTHING DIFFERENT, WELL, I'M GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN, AND LOUDER, AND CALL PEOPLE OUT ON STUFF, BECAUSE I HAVE A POINT AND I'M VERY PROUD OF IT, AND IT'S BECOME SUCH AN OBSESSION THAT MY ENTIRE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND THIS THEORY, WHICH ISN'T A THEORY BUT INSTEAD A FACT ...."

and then mom calls down into the basement, suggesting to get off the computer because it's beddy-byes time. night night.

jw

Unbelievable that you call yourself a journalist and accept the pablum that Brandon tells you at face value. The fact remains that there were lots of open dates that a preseason game could have been played there. DO YOUR JOB ! ask Brandon what the real story is and next ask him if Rogers is paying for a game they're not hosting as well ask if Rogers is actually renewing and at what price. If he puts forth a convincing argument I'll admit I'm wrong.

Is easy to dismiss internet posts as just rants. Be a real journalist, maybe you'll win a pulitzer for it.

GOOD NIGHT NOW.

JW

Unbelievable that you call yourself a journalist and accept the pablum that Brandon tells you at face value. The fact remains that there were lots of open dates that a preseason game could have been played there. DO YOUR JOB ! ask Brandon what the real story is and next ask him if Rogers is paying for a game they're not hosting as well ask if Rogers is actually renewing and at what price. If he puts forth a convincing argument I'll admit I'm wrong.

Is easy to dismiss internet posts as just rants. Be a real journalist, maybe you'll win a pulitzer for it.

GOOD NIGHT NOW.

JW

1. who said i got that from Russ?

2. yes, this Rogers story will get me a Pulitzer.

3. you've provided no information in regards to your liking or disliking of olives.

4. the NFL International Committee has already approved the extension of the series for 5 years.

5. what's left is to work out the details between Bills and Rogers.

6. both sides have expressed an interest in renewing the series.

7. i've noted i don't like pineapple on my pizza, also. you?

8. talks were delayed because Bills were busy at training camp, and Rogers folks were busy dealing with Olympic coverage.

9. you already said good night, so why are you still up?

10. really, all this over this one game?

yikes.

jw