John Murphy

Gordio

Okay usually I do not complain about stuff like this. But I am driving home for dinner with my wife Friday & the game is just starting so I turn on the radio broadcast. I listened to the game for the opening series on the radio & that is it. I am not kidding he called the Viking the Dolphins at least 5 times in that one series. He would say "Dolphins start their drive @ their onw 25 yard line." He did this about 5 times. & then when they went to commercial he says Dolphins lead the Bills. & then the funniest thing the next day I heard some of the highlights on GR & at the end of the game he did the same thing. Honestly, what the hell is wrong with him. I mean jesus christ will he get his head out of his ass & start calling the games the way a true proffessional should call them. I mean one time I could see okay, but he did it at least 5 times & I only listened to about 2 minutes of the game. Come on Murph, you got to better then that. & Kelso is not much better, imo they should shitcan both of them.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind Murphy but I wish we had an announcer/radio man that was as energetic as the Colts or Chiefs.

I usually don't mind him either but how do you make that mistake so many times. I am telling you it was like 5 or 6 times he did it & that was only just on the Vikings opening drive.

Okay usually I do not complain about stuff like this. But I am driving home for dinner with my wife Friday & the game is just starting so I turn on the radio broadcast. I listened to the game for the opening series on the radio & that is it. I am not kidding he called the Viking the Dolphins at least 5 times in that one series. He would say "Dolphins start their drive @ their onw 25 yard line." He did this about 5 times. & then when they went to commercial he says Dolphins lead the Bills. & then the funniest thing the next day I heard some of the highlights on GR & at the end of the game he did the same thing. Honestly, what the hell is wrong with him. I mean jesus christ will he get his head out of his ass & start calling the games the way a true proffessional should call them. I mean one time I could see okay, but he did it at least 5 times & I only listened to about 2 minutes of the game. Come on Murph, you got to better then that. & Kelso is not much better, imo they should shitcan both of them.

Murph had a vanilla gameplan, he's saving his golden throat for the regular season.

I agree. Brutal. THrow in Kelso....and Tasker on the local TV broadcasts. It's rough out there!

I agree, I noticed it 3 times...found it very bizarre.

I usually don't mind him either but how do you make that mistake so many times. I am telling you it was like 5 or 6 times he did it & that was only just on the Vikings opening drive.

Murph is mediocre at best and is certainly not in Van Miller's class. IMO, Van was the best!!!

I don't mind Kelso at all. I listen much more than I watch, and I find him to be informative. His pronunciation and diction is a hurdle as a listener, but once you get past his mushy mouthed tendencies, he tells you what is going on. I enjoy listening to them do games.

Sorry for going off topic.

kj

Murph is mediocre at best and is certainly not in Van Miller's class. IMO, Van was the best!!!

Obviously. I've always felt that Rick Jeanerette gets a little too much hype in this town (love the guy, but find him a lot over the top a lot of the time- the Pominville's population going up call used to really get under my skin), when we had what I consider to be the best NFL home announcer (obviously Al Michaels doesn't count) I have ever heard. His voice is synonymous with my childhood. "OK folks, fasten your safety belts," amongst others. I love that man. Now you see, John Murphy was his right hand man. And an amazing color guy at that. He is now a below average announcer, but I give him the benefit of the doubt because he was part of Van's team and therefore he's part of the Bills' tradition. And Mark Kelso is a very good color man IMO. Can't wait to get berated for my Jeanerette comments, but I think the guy is a little hammy not just sometimes, but often. I'm alright with Murph. He's an old school Buffalo voice. And yes, Van Miller was the freaking man. Feel sorry for the youngsters on the board who never got to hear him. Also, Ted Darling > Rick Jeanerette.

i noticed it too...he's usually pretty accurate, so i did find it strange

i think he's alright all in all, but the one thing i can't stand is him repeating the word 'touchdown' after every bills td..he has to say it at least twice, usually more

i noticed it too...he's usually pretty accurate, so i did find it strange

i think he's alright all in all, but the one thing i can't stand is him repeating the word 'touchdown' after every bills td..he has to say it at least twice, usually more

Agreed...Highly annoying!!!

Turn in a listen radio sometimes in transit, have found broadcasts, alright, average, not critical of him, he just imparting game action, but in thinking about it, don't imagine he attracts new comers to Bills or broadcast by his talents. Thing is can't think of who in area, a Buffalo person who has team and area in his heart, that would do this job well. No doubt the icon like standard Rick Jeanerette has established on hockey side has set a high bar, but given the import of football in area it would serve Bills well to have a better crew. It hard clearly to replace a person like Van, he so long established. Perhaps some success this season and John Murphy being associated with some good times and magic Bills moments in the coming season and years to come will change this..

He went out for a fish fry and was confused?