Cut Thigpen Now

jwhit34

I think it makes sense for the Bills to cut Tyler Thigpen now. The reasons:

1. It seems pretty clear that Vince Young is going to be #2.

2. It would give Young all the #2 reps, thus being more prepared.

3. Thigpen would have a better opportunity to latch on somewhere else.

The downside is if Fitz or Young got injured, then they'd have to scramble to fill in.

I agree, Vince needs the reps and he is the only QB in the Bills camp that I can see improving. This guy has the talent and the arm to get it done. He just needs to know the system better. I look at how Thigpen struggles against the other teams third unit and I compare him to a rookie like Kirk Cousins who is looking great, and he pales in comparison. By the way Fitz is still playing like he has a broken rib..how long does it take to heal?

Edited by VADC Bills

The downside is if Fitz or Young got injured, then they'd have to scramble to fill in.

I`m with you.

Thigpen has NEVER shown anything in pre-season for the BIlls. He throws awful interceptions against vanilla defenses. I'm always wondering why he continues to be on this roster....the same way I felt about Keith Ellison lol.

The best play he's made in a Bills uniform was taking a ball off his head on the sidelines last season.

Edited by Azucho98

I'd be down with this.

You know, I was OK with this line of reasoning at first. The thing that has been bothering me even more than Thigpen, is the play of one Brad Smith. Yikes!!! I know he did fairly well at converting 3rd downs last year, but he has to at the very least show something with his arm.

I totally agree about Brad Smith. There's no way he can play QB. Watching him in camp in the limited reps he gets he makes Thigpen look like a top 15 QB. I think they should end that experiment and get a developmental QB in here.

Brad Smith isn't supposed to play QB, he gets a few reps to simply keep him "fresh" for plays where he *might* have to throw. First and foremost he's a wildcat QB, secondly a WR on offense. He won't see "regular" QB play unless *both* Fitz and Young are knocked out of the same game. If one of them goes down, we would likely pick up another QB before the next week before Smith sees action as #2 or #1 for the next game.

As far as Thigpen, I'd be fine with cutting him to focus on Fitz and Young.

I agree with you that there is no point of keeping him around when he is just taking reps from VY

Also get rid of brad smith he is a waste of a roster spot, he better not be taking potters spot, or any one else for that matter because d really don't need him at all...let VY run the wildcat

I agree, Vince needs the reps and he is the only QB in the Bills camp that I can see improving. This guy has the talent and the arm to get it done. He just needs to know the system better. I look at how Thigpen struggles against the other teams third unit and I compare him to a rookie like Kirk Cousins who is looking great, and he pales in comparison. By the way Fitz is still playing like he has a broken rib..how long does it take to heal?

Not meaning to p*ss in your wheaties but I don't believe Fitz threw for 72% completions, 115 QB rating during the broken rib part of the season. I could be wrong and often am - please feel free to bring evidence to support your view

In case no one else noticed, with Pears and Wood in sporadically and no extra help in the backfield, our OL is not giving the QB scads of time to throw long

With the #2s in, to buy VY time to complete to Graham there were 2 extra blockers in the backfield Corey Mac and ?(I think-#29) Choice.

We need our Wood.

We def need a QB of the future brought in next year to groom, that said Young is by far the best choice right now of providing a spark or "shot in the arm" of the bench. He also could come in cold and stink up the joint as well.