Seahawks talking to teams about QB T.Jackson

Drewgetz

No link yet, just saw on ticker tape on NFL Network. Seahawks are "talking to a couple teams" about trading for Tavaris Jackson. Do you think the Bills are one of these teams. Do you think he would be a significant improvment over thigpen and young? Keep in mind the time it takes to learn the offense. Just wondering your thoughts.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No link yet, just saw on ticker tape on NFL Network. Seahawks are "talking to a couple teams" about trading for Tavaris Jackson. Do you think the Bills are one of these teams. Do you think he would be a significant improvment over thigpen and young? Keep in mind the time it takes to learn the offense. Just wondering your thoughts.

Would he be an improvement over VY and Pigpen? Maybe just a hair if at all, but at this point in the preseason and training camp it wouldn't be worth the change or give him time to learn the system.

I have seen Travaris Jackson bounce a pass off the ground to a wide open receiver with zero and I do mean zero pressure on him. The Vikings won with him because they had a stacked D, stacked O-line, and AP. He has sucked with Seattle. Not saying he wouldn't make a bad backup (Guy can run and make a few plays once in a while, and has played in a system where they asked him not to lose games) somewhere but he isn't an upgrade from Thigpen or Vince Young.

In fact T.Jackson and V.Young are pretty much the same player. No use giving up a late round pick for something we already have on the roster.

I like Tarvaris and wanted the Bills to sign him last year. But now I don't think he is better than Fitz and probably not better than Vince. Plus I think Tarvaris is in the last year of his 2 year contract he signed with the SeaChickens. So it would just be for one year.

Edited by reddogblitz

I have seen Travaris Jackson bounce a pass off the ground to a wide open receiver with zero and I do mean zero pressure on him. The Vikings won with him because they had a stacked D, stacked O-line, and AP. He has sucked with Seattle. Not saying he wouldn't make a bad backup (Guy can run and make a few plays once in a while, and has played in a system where they asked him not to lose games) somewhere but he isn't an upgrade from Thigpen or Vince Young.

In fact T.Jackson and V.Young are pretty much the same player. No use giving up a late round pick for something we already have on the roster.

If he has sucked with Seattle.. then Fitz has sucked with the Bills

No link yet, just saw on ticker tape on NFL Network. Seahawks are "talking to a couple teams" about trading for Tavaris Jackson. Do you think the Bills are one of these teams.

Only if the Seahawks are offering a 4th rounder or better to take him off their hands.

Vince Young is another Shawne Merriman in that Buddy Nix makes a low risk move on a formerly great player. If either come close to their old glory, bonus. If not, what did you lose? If VY can find his game he will take over from Fitz down the road. If not we draft someone.

PTR

I've heard of him. I've also heard he's terrible. And by heard, I mean have seen him be terrible almost every time I've seen him play.

Do you remember that time he beat the Bills after Moats knocked out Favre? Seriously, I remember thinking I'd rather have the HOFer Favre in the game instead of Jackson. Picked on Leodis all game.