Mularkey takes a stand against TD dancing. Shouldn't Chan?

Hey Fleabag, the problem is HE DID get penalized for his actions. More than once!! That's why the FCK I care. By the way, who the hell said anything about Stevie celebrating makes him a BAD PERSON!?!?!?

Thanks for the play on words but I guess your name already describes you so I don't need to really say anything else.

He got penalized TWICE. One DID NOT deserve a penalty. If his "WHY SO SERIOUS" shirt didn't get penalized, then his "HAPPY NEW YEARS" celebration shouldn't have gotten one either. Everybody on here critisizes him BEYOND BELIEF. "he should concentrate more on football and less on rapping." "he needs to grow up." "he needs to do this."

Let him be. Dam. Stevie rarely gets called for penalties other than that.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He got penalized TWICE. One DID NOT deserve a penalty.

I think you're failing to understand... It doesn't matter if he deserved it or not. It doesn't matter what we personally think of his celebrations. If they harm the team, (penalties, whether deserved or not) then he needs to curtail that action. I don't see how that is unreasonable.

I think you guys are blowing Stevie's celebrations way out of proportion. Like I pointed out in another thread, his TD celebrations aren't as bad as YOU GUYS AND THE MEDIA ARE MAKING THEM OUT TO BE. Sure his Plax celebration was moronic but outside of that, none of his celebrations deserved a penalty. He dances and jumps into the crowd. WOW. He's such a bad person.

I highly doubt that Stevie's brainstorming will affect his ability to play. Really people? I say if it doesn't hurt the team, let him do whatever he wants. Who cares.

If it draws a penalty, it's a problem. You may think the refs are being too strict, but he drew three penalties last season for celebrating. It's a problem.

It doesn't matter if we think he's "done so bad", it matters what the refs think. We can't afford the penalties, so he needs to keep that in mind. If he celebrates without penalties, then awesome, go have fun. But as soon as you start getting penalized, it's time to curtail things a bit.

I think that is pretty reasonable and not "btching and crying".

Thats right,... its no different than a bunch of talk about Michael Irvin pushing off started leading to offensive pass interference penalties and James Harrison of the Steelers getting very little leeway on Personal Fouls. It makes no difference what we think. Once you start getting a rep for something the refs are itchy with the trigger.

BTW, Homerun Throwback was a forward lateral........................................see that made no difference, they still lost the damn game!

Edited by cage

If he doesn't get flagged who cares?

I would hope along with working on planning his TD celebrations, he spends some time ending his annual epic drops that lose a game for the team. That's where his priorties should be now.

Agreed. I hope he has 20 different celebrations planned, and I hope he runs out of celebrations!

If he's putting up the numbers, and not getting flagged, then let him dance. Heck, if he has a game where he scores 3 TDs, I wouldnt even mind him taking a flag. Now that Rayner is gone, and we have 2 guys that can actually kickoff, go for it.

link

I don't see this as MJD drama but as a smart coaching move. It's a great way to encourage teamwork and selflessness.

I'm scared. SJ is already talking about pushing the envelope with his end zone celebrations.

I can't help but think, why has Chan not taken a stand against celebrating?

The N.F.L. The No Fun League

Thanks for the play on words but I guess your name already describes you so I don't need to really say anything else.

He got penalized TWICE. One DID NOT deserve a penalty. If his "WHY SO SERIOUS" shirt didn't get penalized, then his "HAPPY NEW YEARS" celebration shouldn't have gotten one either. Everybody on here critisizes him BEYOND BELIEF. "he should concentrate more on football and less on rapping." "he needs to grow up." "he needs to do this."

Let him be. Dam. Stevie rarely gets called for penalties other than that.

Like I haven't seen that one before. Very original.

This team had a lot more to worry about than touchdown celebrations. Chan took a stand last year in the finale. He will do it again this year if needs be.

I could care less about what Mike Mularkey and the Jaguars do.

The biggest problem with Steve Johnson is his tendency to drop passes on critical plays. I.e. if he can spend so much time planning for what he's going to do when he scores, then he has time to work on his issues with dropped balls. THAT is a problem. Also, penalties that players take for getting caught up in the violence of the sport are going to happen. This is completely different. This is premeditated BS that can cost the team field position. Dial it back to the Marv Levy era. On his first touchdown, Thurman Thomas spiked the ball in the end zone. I don't remember if Marv grabbed him by the jersey or facemask, but he asked "why did you do that"? Thurman said something to the effect that every kid that's ever watched and played football dreamed of doing that. Marv's response: "That's great. Don't ever do that again. Act like you've been there". As I've posted earlier, I don't mind the occasional celebration. But it has gone too far. Until this team is winning, every player on the field should be working on their game before they're working on how they're going to celebrate cingular plays.

THIS IS SUCH BS! football is supposed to be fun/trash talking/bravado.... ITS FOOTBALL! CHRIST...

If you can't appreciate the sport and need a flare for the dramatic to be entertained, then I suggest you watch Dancing With The Stars or The Biggest Loser. Might be more up your alley.

Edited by Luxy312

I've always considered the end zone dance to be a little silly, and sometimes embarrassing- nothing more. As far as Stevie is concerned, I understand that he is having a fan competition of some sort so that fans can affect his end zone dance (I don't remember the details). Great! Why not? If Stevie is doing an end zone dance based on fan input, then I will be a new fan of the end zone dance.

And, as far as Mike Mularkey is concerned, he is the HC of the Jacksonville Jaguars. (Soon to be the Los Angeles Riots, or whatever they happen to change their name to).

If pre-planned celebrations give a guy a bit more incentive to get in the endzone, then by all means, plan away.

Yes, I know I'll now be skewered by the "he's getting paid to get in the endzone" crowd, but so is everyone else in the league. If it makes a guy more excited about getting there, he's more likely to get there.

Just my 1 cent.

I'm not a fan of unusual behavior or crazy celebrations after touchdowns, though I have to admit that Stevie's were pretty damn creative and gave me huge laughs.

All I ask for from the officials and from the league is fairness - if they're gonna penalize SJ for his own unique behavior after he scores, they better also penalize Tebow for his.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

If pre-planned celebrations give a guy a bit more incentive to get in the endzone, then by all means, plan away.

Yes, I know I'll now be skewered by the "he's getting paid to get in the endzone" crowd, but so is everyone else in the league. If it makes a guy more excited about getting there, he's more likely to get there.

Just my 1 cent.

Everyone except offensive linemen, entire defenses, kicking and punting units. Everyone except most people.

The biggest problem with Steve Johnson is his tendency to drop passes on critical plays. I.e. if he can spend so much time planning for what he's going to do when he scores, then he has time to work on his issues with dropped balls. THAT is a problem. Also, penalties that players take for getting caught up in the violence of the sport are going to happen. This is completely different. This is premeditated BS that can cost the team field position. Dial it back to the Marv Levy era. On his first touchdown, Thurman Thomas spiked the ball in the end zone. I don't remember if Marv grabbed him by the jersey or facemask, but he asked "why did you do that"? Thurman said something to the effect that every kid that's ever watched and played football dreamed of doing that. Marv's response: "That's great. Don't ever do that again. Act like you've been there". As I've posted earlier, I don't mind the occasional celebration. But it has gone too far. Until this team is winning, every player on the field should be working on their game before they're working on how they're going to celebrate cingular plays.

I'm sure Stevie isn't using his practice time to come up with celebrations.. I'm sure thats something he does on his own time. No player spends 100% of their time working on game film or practicing, you just cant do it you'll get burned out. I think its fine if stevie uses his own personal time to come up with some TD celebrations

I think you're failing to understand... It doesn't matter if he deserved it or not. It doesn't matter what we personally think of his celebrations. If they harm the team, (penalties, whether deserved or not) then he needs to curtail that action. I don't see how that is unreasonable.

Exactly. Why is this so hard to understand? The fact is the guy is under greater scrutiny because of past transgressions, if he continues to push the envelope and hurt his team by drawing flags, then he is a selfish player.