Mularkey takes a stand against TD dancing. Shouldn't Chan?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

link

I don't see this as MJD drama but as a smart coaching move. It's a great way to encourage teamwork and selflessness.

I'm scared. SJ is already talking about pushing the envelope with his end zone celebrations.

I can't help but think, why has Chan not taken a stand against celebrating?

Considering that MJD and Josh Scobee are the only 2 players on their roster that regularly scores, I don't see this being an issue for them.

And please shut up about Stevie's celebrations. So sick of hearing about it. He's not that bad !!!

Edited by FleaMoulds80

link

I don't see this as MJD drama but as a smart coaching move. It's a great way to encourage teamwork and selflessness.

I'm scared. SJ is already talking about pushing the envelope with his end zone celebrations.

I love Stevie's enthusiasm, effort and his love for being on this team. I can't believe that he's searching for new ways to celebrate. Thurman Thomas needs to sit him down and talk to him about what Levy told him after his first TD celebration... "you need to act like you've been there before"... if this team is going to be serious on becoming a winner, TD celebrations need to be de-emphasized.

I used to love TTs simple flick of the ball to the referee. It basically said... no big deal, I'll be here 2 more times today!

Edited by cage

My perspective on this is pretty simple. I don't mind celebrating a big play on offense or on defense. I do get tired though of all of the time and effort that some players spend coming up with what that celebration will be. If their level of play suffers because they're too worried about what their next end zone or sack stunt will be, then Gailey should take action.

link

You are incorrect Chan did take a stand.

[/thread]

I think you guys are blowing Stevie's celebrations way out of proportion. Like I pointed out in another thread, his TD celebrations aren't as bad as YOU GUYS AND THE MEDIA ARE MAKING THEM OUT TO BE. Sure his Plax celebration was moronic but outside of that, none of his celebrations deserved a penalty. He dances and jumps into the crowd. WOW. He's such a bad person.

My perspective on this is pretty simple. I don't mind celebrating a big play on offense or on defense. I do get tired though of all of the time and effort that some players spend coming up with what that celebration will be. If their level of play suffers because they're too worried about what their next end zone or sack stunt will be, then Gailey should take action.

I highly doubt that Stevie's brainstorming will affect his ability to play. Really people? I say if it doesn't hurt the team, let him do whatever he wants. Who cares.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

Considering that MJD and Josh Scobee are the only 2 players on their roster that regularly scores, I don't see this being an issue for them.

And please shut up about Stevie's celebrations. So sick of hearing about it. He's not that bad !!!

I wish HE would shut up about celebrating. He is talking about it. Someone needs to deal with him. He has no intention of stopping from what I've gathered. He just wants to make the celebrations as elaborate as possible without getting flagged.

I wish HE would shut up about celebrating. He is talking about it. Someone needs to deal with him. He has no intention of stopping from what I've gathered. He just wants to make the celebrations as elaborate as possible without getting flagged.

WHO GIVES A FCK!!! Ohhh he's talking about it. He's also talked about stepping up and playing better and stepping up his game. He's talking about improving himself and getting more YAC yds. Team needs to imrpove....Whoopty fckin doo.

If he doesn't get penalized and he constantly scores TD's, why the fck should u or anybody else care what he does to celebrate? Just means he's getting the job done and celebrating. I hope he gets in the endzone 15 times this year and dances his azz off just to piss people like u off.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

I am kinda old fashioned when it comes to end zone celebrations, but I don't mind a little dancing, jumping into the stands, etc. Where I would draw the line with Stevie or anyone, is the preplanned B.S. The writing on the tee shirts, signs, etc. deserve fines, suspensions or whatever. If they keep to what just naturally occurs with the excitement of the moment, it is tolerable. When I grew up one of my favorite players was Billy "White Shoes" Johnson because of the crazy dances along with electric returns, but he didn't go too far in my opinion. As long as Stevie keeps it to a short dance and/or jumping in the stands thats cool, once he does another t-shirt or preplanned act like the Burress stunt, I hope Chan keeps him out for a couple games this time. I really hope there comes a time when Stevie grows up, it is all about immaturity and wanting attention all the time. Someone should sit him in a locked room and make his watch hours of film of Andre Reed and how he scored touchdowns and acted professional.

Edited by BuffBill

You are incorrect Chan did take a stand.

[/thread]

This! Has everyone forgotten the NE game already?!?

I think you guys are blowing Stevie's celebrations way out of proportion. Like I pointed out in another thread, his TD celebrations aren't as bad as YOU GUYS AND THE MEDIA ARE MAKING THEM OUT TO BE. Sure his Plax celebration was moronic but outside of that, none of his celebrations deserved a penalty. He dances and jumps into the crowd. WOW. He's such a bad person.

I highly doubt that Stevie's brainstorming will affect his ability to play. Really people? I say if it doesn't hurt the team, let him do whatever he wants. Who cares.

Agreed, way overblown.

WHO GIVES A FCK!!! Ohhh he's talking about it. He's also talked about stepping up and playing better and stepping up his game. He's talking about improving himself and getting more YAC yds. Team needs to imrpove....Whoopty fckin doo.

If he doesn't get penalized and he constantly scores TD's, why the fck should u or anybody else care what he does to celebrate? Just means he's getting the job done and celebrating. I hope he gets in the endzone 15 times this year and dances his azz off just to piss people like u off.

Nobody has a problem with him jumping into the stands or doing a little dance, except that he has done and plans to do more elaborate things and the league doesn't want that. Everyone should care when his celebrations get flagged like they have in the past, cause its a dumb move that only hurts the team. When he is talking in the media about planning new celebrations (and them being borderline possible penalties) the league is going to keep an eye on him and be more likely to flag him for doing any type of celebration in the endzone. The guy appears to want to be the new Ocho Cinco in the league, remember when Ocho was trying to get more elaborate with his celebrations? Before the Bills game a few years back near christmas he talked about hitting a deer and was gonna use it as part of his next celebration. The league warned him and watched him like a hawk on the sidelines after he scored.

Its time "Little Stevie" grows up and realise that its much better (and classier) to get on the highlight reel because of the TD catch itself, then for doing some stupid celebration (or blaming your drop on God)

Hey Fleabag, the problem is HE DID get penalized for his actions. More than once!! That's why the FCK I care. By the way, who the hell said anything about Stevie celebrating makes him a BAD PERSON!?!?!?

I only mentioned this because Stevie was talking about sitting in the stands as long as possible and eating popcorn on the John Murphy show. If Chan started a team policy that encouraged players to not celebrate, I think it would effectively solve the issue. The benching didn't really solve anything and it won't in the future because they can't afford to not have SJ on the field.

It doesn't matter if we think he's "done so bad", it matters what the refs think. We can't afford the penalties, so he needs to keep that in mind. If he celebrates without penalties, then awesome, go have fun. But as soon as you start getting penalized, it's time to curtail things a bit.

I think that is pretty reasonable and not "btching and crying".