Mularkey takes a stand against TD dancing. Shouldn't Chan?

link

I don't see this as MJD drama but as a smart coaching move. It's a great way to encourage teamwork and selflessness.

I'm scared. SJ is already talking about pushing the envelope with his end zone celebrations.

I can't help but think, why has Chan not taken a stand against celebrating?

Because he's unfamiliar with why it happens.

Let's not forget that the team barely averaged more than 15 points/game last season over the last two-thirds of the season. They averaged 1.6 offensvie TDs/game over the last 10 games. Don't you thiink it would be somewhat presumptuous to institute such a rule a this point?

Kind of sets himself up for some embarrassment too if scoring doesn't improve, don't you think?

The offense really hasn't changed since last season with the exception of a few linemen, none of which is proven yet. And while many seem to think that Donald Jones, Derek Hagan, or David Nelson, none of whom were even drafted by the team, are going to turn into the next Steve Johnson's, it's probably not going to happen. Meanwhile, the only WR that Nix and Gailey did draft, Easeley, everyone's complaining about.

Anyway, not trying to be a wet blanket, but the onus is on the team here to prove that they're different from last year despite no significant changes offensively. As they say, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. So far, this season, offensively speaking, is doing the same thing (as last season) over again, until further notice.

And what they're doing that's new, the Wildcat, hasn't helped any team significantly. We also have absolutely no idea how it will work out for us.

Edited by TaskersGhost

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone except offensive linemen, entire defenses, kicking and punting units. Everyone except most people.

Forgive me; I felt it was intuitively obvious that I was referring to the skill position players, a/k/a the guys that get paid to put the bal in the endzone, who are typically the ones that do most of the endzone celebrating...you don't often find opposing defenders celebrating when the offense scores, nor do you find backup offensive linemen running onto the field to celebrate in the endzone.