Jasper cut

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He played with more intensity than any other back-up OL in the preseason game. He was playing like a man possessed. Most of Vince Youngs best runs were set up by key blocks by Jasper. I don't get it. Asper and Williams looked overpowered. Jasper was immovable.

[scene in Buddy Nix's office]

Nix: we had to let Jasper go; I like the kid but he just wasn't cutting it...

[scott Berchtold rushes into room frantically, holding a cell phone]

Berchtold: Buddy! Quick! mountainwampus is on the line; he said he has important scouting information for you about Jasper...

Nix: what the hell is a mountainwampus?

Berchtold: that's not important! Take the call!

[hands Nix the phone]

Nix: howdy...

mountainwampus: Buddy, are you senile? Mount Jasper was an immovable force against the Skins' 3rd and 4th stringers! He's light years better than the other 6th rounder you had in there. And he has this amazing workout video; have you seen it? And he lost all that weight...and remember when you had to take him to a grain scale to weigh him? And...

[Nix hands phone back to Berchtold]

Nix: Scott, you ever bust into my office like that again and I'll have you out of here faster than a jackrabbit running from a cay-ote.

Yeah, the 7th round is the "who's who" of the NFL. <_<

as was similarly stated, Bills had been doing well with latter round picks Stevie and Bell... and other worth a shot. i think maybe the worry is they don't seem to take the picks as seriously, and to be honest some of Buddy's comments about latter round picks this year like Asper, Potter and the one we traded away, were very non-chalant and what you would say about an undrafted guy... basically they are bodies, who cares, just a flyer at that point.. etc.

i mean, out starting QB and #1 WR are both 7th rounders, and our starting RB and #2 WR were undrafted. they shouldn't be throwaway picks. not saying Jasper was or anything, but Nix definitely gives the vibe he doesn't take 6th or 7th rounders that seriously.

it was bound to happen sooner or later. woulda been a great story to see him pull through and make a name for himself but hes a smart dude (and i think his mother is a school administrator right?) and he hasn't produced half a dozen mini-mike jaspers so I'm sure he will be fine and find good work in a sports/media related field. I wish ya the best big mike, shadow mike, mountain mike, magic mike, bubbly mike, mike buble or whatever the hell else everyone tried calling you.

also, wheres the guy who knows the girl big mike has been dating? wheres the gossip yo!

How did Jasper get cut over David Snow? Snow was abused against the Skins--was as bad of a performance as I have ever seen.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but I believe we may assume cutting Jasper was not based solely upon last Thursday night's performance.

How did Jasper get cut over David Snow? Snow was abused against the Skins--was as bad of a performance as I have ever seen.

Obviously the Bills staff is basing this move on more than what happened in the Skins game.

Having said that, if David Snow continues to have games like that, he will not be around for long as well.

Edited by Mark Vader