D.Bell demoted to second team in Philly

Max997

It must be something in the water in Philadelphia. They offer insane contracts in every sport to guys that

cant possibly live up to the hype. Shea Weber, Moyer, Halladay, Lee, Bell, .....

I think Halladay has done pretty well. He got the Cy Young in year one in Philly and was runner up last year. Injuries has derailed him this year but I wouldn't put him in that group.

The Philly you should have put in there is Ryan Howard. They gave a ridiculous contract to him 2 years before his old deal was over and he's worth nowhere near the figures he's paid.

Edited by MDH

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be something in the water in Philadelphia. They offer insane contracts in every sport to guys that

cant possibly live up to the hype. Shea Weber, Moyer, Halladay, Lee, Bell, .....

its sports, guys get big deals and its Philly which is a big market so all of their teams have the money

Halladay and Lee both took less money to play with the Phillies then they could have got from other teams so you are off base on them

Weber did get a ridiculous offer but they did so in hopes that it wouldnt be matched

Bell's contract is really a one year deal

It always amuses me to see how much pleasure some posters take in seeing ex-Bills fail, whether the failure is real or imagined. I don't live in Buffalo, so perhaps I don't know about Bell telling Buffalo to kiss his ass when he was offered a better contract to sign with a team who thought more of him than the brass at One Bills Drive. Sure, Bell frustrated the hell out of me at times, but I don't remember seeing him give less than a good effort on the field (when he was healthy) or rip the organization unfairly.

I was never a fan of Bell's and was glad to see him go.

He thought he was a lot better then he actually is then add in all of the talk of how the Eagles got another starting LT from the Bills and yeah, i am getting a little enjoyment out of this

Even the Phillies blogger I follow is ripping him thats how bad he played

Edited by Max997

It's in the air, actually. It drifts up Northeast in a cloud from Danny Snyder's offices in Washington.

It always amuses me to see how much pleasure some posters take in seeing ex-Bills fail, whether the failure is real or imagined. I don't live in Buffalo, so perhaps I don't know about Bell telling Buffalo to kiss his ass when he was offered a better contract to sign with a team who thought more of him than the brass at One Bills Drive. Sure, Bell frustrated the hell out of me at times, but I don't remember seeing him give less than a good effort on the field (when he was healthy) or rip the organization unfairly.

It has nothing to do with hating on Bell and 100% to do with hating on those who were sure letting Bell walk was a mistake. There are certain posters who relish every Bills failure. Sorry, Nix got this one right.

PTR

I find it interesting and comical actually that D.Bell has already been demoted to second team in Philly after only one preseason. Of course this could be meaningless and a motivational tactic but he was terrible in his first game and has been getting ripped since

Unless Bell improves, the Eagles will have to accelerate their acquisition of Glenn.

Some of us knew he sucked all along - and said so - to anybody who cared to listen. What's scary (for Eagles fans especially) is that the eagles were desperate enough to sign him in the first place...

The total lack of interest when he hit free agency, not to mention what is described as "some sort of record" in terms of this demotion "after only 6 plays", leaves little doubt.

To put it in perspective, there are some who devote their time to hating on players who have yet to even shed their Bills uniform, so ripping former players really isn't that bad (especially when they are signed to replace other ungrateful d-bag ex-Bills).

It has nothing to do with hating on Bell and 100% to do with hating on those who were sure letting Bell walk was a mistake. There are certain posters who relish every Bills failure. Sorry, Nix got this one right.

PTR

And certain posters relish every move that the Bills make as gospel. So, you are positive that Nix got this one right after one pre-season game? If I'm remembering right, wasn't Levitre once demoted during camp not too long ago? How'd that work out for the Bills best lineman?

I, for one, wish Bell was still on this team. Not sure if the money was right, and it probably wasn't, but without Pears right now, we look awfully thin again at T. God help us if anyone else gets hurt along with Pears out at tackle.

And certain posters relish every move that the Bills make as gospel. So, you are positive that Nix got this one right after one pre-season game? If I'm remembering right, wasn't Levitre once demoted during camp not too long ago? How'd that work out for the Bills best lineman?

I, for one, wish Bell was still on this team. Not sure if the money was right, and it probably wasn't, but without Pears right now, we look awfully thin again at T. God help us if anyone else gets hurt along with Pears out at tackle.

Okay then. That settles the discussion.

PTR

Actually......"Bell signed a five-year deal worth $34.5 million but it included only $2 million in bonus money and a modest $1.15 million 2012 base salary, so the Eagles could get out of the deal fairly painlessly if they want."

That can't be right. The Bills felt he was above average when healthy, I'm surprised they wouldn't have offered him at least that much to re-sign with us. Heck that's dirt cheap for a decent NFL tackle. We pay Brad Smith more than double that number.