What were your stadium experiences last night?

Not like that in all stadiums. Watching games at the Georgia Dome is like going to an opera. Boring and sterile if you ask me.

Be nice to find a middle ground.

I mostly agree, except I find it to be less like an opera and more like an airplane hangar with a transluscent roof. It gives off this eerie light, it's like watching a game under flourescent tubes. [shudder]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the excuse for the same boorish behavior during the regular season when tickets are NOT available for $5 each?

That its still a huuuuuge crowd and youll get some idiots. when the games are cheap and season ticket holders give away tickets for free (or near it) you get those idiots in an even higher concentration.

Oh yeah, and I got stung by 2 bees while sitting in my seat. Not sure if I carried them in from Hammer's Lot or what, but one behind my left ear and one just below that on my neck.

It hurt.

damn bees - always getting drunk and rowdy and trying to start fights.

seriously though, thats no fun.

damn bees - always getting drunk and rowdy and trying to start fights.

seriously though, thats no fun.

I know, right?!?!?! If I did carry them in from Hammer's then they probably were drunk cause they like that cough syrup Kenny puts in the bowling ball.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

The fans were terrible last night. I'm in my twenties and I was embarrassed how immature the fan base was last night. People sneaking in past security going in, multiple people puking in the stands in front of me, ahole redskins fans throwing punches in the men's room, multiple fights/racial slurs constantly happening in the endzone. It was honestly terrible (in addition to the game itself). I have season tickets and I am honestly considering not going to any more games this year. I grew up going to every game since I was 4 years old and there's no chance I ever bring a child to a game anymore. Not even for a preseason kids day!! Just embarrassing.

A-Holes at Pre-season games are now standard behavior for what you witnessed. Most people there are using free tickets since the season ticket holders give a lot of them away. Jim Kelly club is better and obviously a little more pricey. Their the Only ones causing trouble are the d-bags trying to sneak in. I wouldn't base the rest of the season on a pre-season game. But, Buffalo is one of the more rowdy crowds in the AFC.

Not weighing in on this tired subject again..suffice it to say I am not buying the "guy pissed on an 11year old" story...just not buying it.

Cant wait for the opener..we will have about 11 kids between the ages of 8-16 with us..great time will be had by all.

Edited by plenzmd1

Maybe it was because it was a preseason game, the first one of those I have been to. I have 5 kids with one on the way all boys except 1. I have taken both my oldest sons now 18 and 23 to games when they where younger, and I had a pleasent time. This was Liam ( my 5 yo ) first game, wasnt sure he could sit through the whole thing. Anyway I have tickets to the thursday night game, if that goes well maybe I will try taking him to a reg season game next year, the problem however is that is also a night game.

Edited by The Rev.Mattb74 ESQ.

There is a number you can text at the bills stadium and tell them whats going on and where....its anonymous and the ushers will come deal with unruly/drunk/high fans.

I have found that this works really well. Those of us who want to enjoy a game do not have to be subject to language our younger kids shouldn't hear nor actions that offend us. But, if you remain quiet then you can't blame security because they can't be everywhere.

I totally disagree with those who think that we should not be able to bring kids to the game ... I am guessing that you are amongst those dropping F bombs throughout the game!

I wasn't.

But then again, I didn't grow up in Buffalo (I'm not saying that as an insult, just culture differences), so maybe that's why?

You know what ... I grew up in Buffalo ... I was a young man in my 20's who went to Bills' games then, as I did as a younger child, and as I do now and not once did I have the urge to get drunk before or during a game. Like the vast majority of "normal" adults of every age, I came to watch a football game and to cheer for my team. Sadly, a small minority think it is a ritualistic rite of passage to get drunk before games and to fight at games but that is not normal in the least.

I really feel badly for anyone who thinks that such behavior is acceptable at any level. Once again, when it is seen it needs to be reported to Bills' security and they do take care of the problem.

I have brought my daughters to games and only once had a problem fan near us, which resulted in prompt action by security who allowed the drunken idiot to enjoy his game outside the stadium fence where he could curse all we wanted out of ear shot of anyone.

I have found that this works really well. Those of us who want to enjoy a game do not have to be subject to language our younger kids shouldn't hear nor actions that offend us. But, if you remain quiet then you can't blame security because they can't be everywhere.

I totally disagree with those who think that we should not be able to bring kids to the game ... I am guessing that you are amongst those dropping F bombs throughout the game!

I dont think anyone is really saying kids shouldnt go to games, some of my best memories growing up were going to Bills games with my Dad. Just be aware of some idiots.

That text line does work really well. I texted it once saying that Dick Juaron was ruining my gameday experience. A week later he was fired. Youre welcome :)

I dont think anyone is really saying kids shouldnt go to games, some of my best memories growing up were going to Bills games with my Dad. Just be aware of some idiots.

That text line does work really well. I texted it once saying that Dick Juaron was ruining my gameday experience. A week later he was fired. Youre welcome :)

They still didn't remove that Bruschi fan no matter how much we tried.

This game shouldn't even have been played in Orchard Park there was no event at the Rogers Centre last night. Brandon is Playing the bills fans especially season ticket holders for fools. Brandon is an absolute tool.

I was in sec 315 and had a great time. No drunks. No puke. No fights. There was a guy who I believe may have screamed loudly at the "SCAB" referees and was dropping the F bomb a bit. Pretty tame though. Sorry you had such a problem. But I do have to disagree a bit with your exertion that every other stadium in the country would be different. You will run into this behavior at every NFL stadium in the country. It is what it is. I take my kids to the games. They are 9 and 12. We've never witnessed anything too bad. A few drunks puking. Which was a teaching opportunity. I explained to them that this is what happens when you are an idiot.

Not weighing in on this tired subject again..suffice it to say I am not buying the "guy pissed on an 11year old" story...just not buying it.

Cant wait for the opener..we will have about 11 kids between the ages of 8-16 with us..great time will be had by all.

Not buying it? So you think the poster is just lying? Seems to me more like a case of you not wanting to acknowledge the level some 'fans' go to in their drunken idiocy.

My brother knows a guy who pissed on a kid at a game in NE. Dude ended up having to register as a sex offender. Ouch.

Last year took him to a Bluejays game and it was a wonderful experience.

There is no passion at a baseball game like there is like a NFL game.

In a perfect world you should be able to take your kids to a Bills game. But the world is not like that, and it is not a great environment for kids. Take your child to a Sabre game instead

Not buying it? So you think the poster is just lying? Seems to me more like a case of you not wanting to acknowledge the level some 'fans' go to in their drunken idiocy.

My brother knows a guy who pissed on a kid at a game in NE. Dude ended up having to register as a sex offender. Ouch.

KD..let me put it this way..if a guy was passing on a Kid, any kid, and you were nearby..what would your reaction be? You think every one else would,either in the stands or in the head , sit by and let that happen? I am not buying it..and I challenge you to find evidence of this guy you talk about. I guarantee that would be on the interwebs somewhere

Yes, I believe myths and stories grow on the Internet

Also remember when you were in your early 20s. Don't act you weren't piss drunk, yelling and swearing trying to sneak drags of a smoke inbetween plays. And if you say that you never did that. You, my friend, are a liar. The is nothing worse then a liar... well maybe a pats fan.

My family had seasons for 32 years....went to many games in my 20s.....yep I sure did have beers and got loud while our defense was on the field....but I had respect for the people around me. Esp if young kids were around. It's the ten percent that ruin things for others......

Also remember when you were in your early 20s. Don't act you weren't piss drunk, yelling and swearing trying to sneak drags of a smoke inbetween plays. And if you say that you never did that. You, my friend, are a liar. The is nothing worse then a liar... well maybe a pats fan.

The is nothing worse then a moron who assumes everyone acts like they did in early 20s so somehow it is okay. Some NEVER went through moron phase,