What were your stadium experiences last night?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think it is a little different too, many people getting really cheap or free tickets that normally could not afford the regular season game ticket.

there are a few factors ive noticed.

affordability is one - not to say people with less money are all drunk idiots by any means. that really wasnt even my focus.

less focus on the game in general. the old "who cares, lets drink" get amped up even more

a big one though is less season ticket holders (ie people that go every week and may have some pride in not being "that guy" in their section).

Not weighing in on this tired subject again..suffice it to say I am not buying the "guy pissed on an 11year old" story...just not buying it.

Cant wait for the opener..we will have about 11 kids between the ages of 8-16 with us..great time will be had by all.

Agreed, I have been going to the games for nearly 30 years, since I was 9 & I just have never seen anybody pissing on a kid, person throwing up on anybody etc.... I have seen fights & the f bombs but that is about it. I am sure this stuff happens but it does not happen in every section like it is made out to be in threads like this. I took my son to his first regular season game last year(against the Eagles, he was 7) & will be taking him again this year against the Pats. Honestly, if your kid can't take hearing a few f bombs then your kid lives a pretty sheltered life.

I drove in from Joisy to sit in my new seats in the Tops family section

great group of people and no problems.

I could see all the fights at the other end of the stadium and I kept wondering why get so riled up during the preseason? I can only hope whomever it was will not be allowed back in.

Just got back from my trip to Buffalo. I took the family to the game on Thursday, which was my kids first NFL game. We went with a couple of friends, so it was nice to have our own group there. We didn't do any tailgating, I wasn't sure if people were gonna tailgate with it being preseason. We sat around the 2-3 yard line on the Bills side at the end where the jumbotron is. All the O-linemen & D-linemen are huge. The biggest one was Jasper (both tall & big). Kyle Williams arms are humongous.

I think there was about 4-5 fights in the stands (in the endzone near us), involving Bills/Redskins fans. The last one, about 20 security guards surrounded a group of about 4 guys, and the guys didn't want to leave. One clown ended up taking off his shirt during this. The main guy (who was a big guy) decked a security guard, then got his azz beat by the rest of the security guards (his friends fought the securirty guards as well). In total, I think I saw 20+ people being taken away in handcuffs just from that section alone. I had to tell my kids that whenever they go to sporting events when they're older, don't get drunk and act like a moron like all those idiots did. It's a shame that people have to act like azzholes at sporting events. I saw a Redskins fan about ready to take a leak in the sink, and asked him "Are you serious?", then he replied "This isn't a urinal?", no schitt sherlock!!!

Besides the fights, and the people behind us dropping the "F-bomb" a bunch of times, I would take my family again. I wouldn't mind being a little higher in the 100 section so I could get a better overall view of the field. But, I definitely wouldn't sit in the endzones (especially by the jumbotron). I'd love to go back for a regular season game and tailgate.

Just got back from my trip to Buffalo. I took the family to the game on Thursday, which was my kids first NFL game. We went with a couple of friends, so it was nice to have our own group there. We didn't do any tailgating, I wasn't sure if people were gonna tailgate with it being preseason. We sat around the 2-3 yard line on the Bills side at the end where the jumbotron is. All the O-linemen & D-linemen are huge. The biggest one was Jasper (both tall & big). Kyle Williams arms are humongous.

I think there was about 4-5 fights in the stands (in the endzone near us), involving Bills/Redskins fans. The last one, about 20 security guards surrounded a group of about 4 guys, and the guys didn't want to leave. One clown ended up taking off his shirt during this. The main guy (who was a big guy) decked a security guard, then got his azz beat by the rest of the security guards (his friends fought the securirty guards as well). In total, I think I saw 20+ people being taken away in handcuffs just from that section alone. I had to tell my kids that whenever they go to sporting events when they're older, don't get drunk and act like a moron like all those idiots did. It's a shame that people have to act like azzholes at sporting events. I saw a Redskins fan about ready to take a leak in the sink, and asked him "Are you serious?", then he replied "This isn't a urinal?", no schitt sherlock!!!

Besides the fights, and the people behind us dropping the "F-bomb" a bunch of times, I would take my family again. I wouldn't mind being a little higher in the 100 section so I could get a better overall view of the field. But, I definitely wouldn't sit in the endzones (especially by the jumbotron). I'd love to go back for a regular season game and tailgate.

The jumbotron endzone is typically where there are the most fight because I think that is where you get some visiting fans sitting there along with Bills fans. The tunnel I think there are less fights since I think that area is mostly comprised of Bills season ticket holders.

The jumbotron endzone is typically where there are the most fight because I think that is where you get some visiting fans sitting there along with Bills fans. The tunnel I think there are less fights since I think that area is mostly comprised of Bills season ticket holders.

Thanks! A lot of us in our section couldn't believe that idiots were fighting, especially during a meaningless preseason game.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Thanks! A lot of us in our section couldn't believe that idiots were fighting, especially during a meaningless preseason game.

What difference does is being a preseason game make for fighting in the stands?

You have to be a moron preseason or regular season.

What difference does is being a preseason game make for fighting in the stands?

You have to be a moron preseason or regular season.

I agree that you have to be a moron to get into a fight at a sporting event...period. But, with being an out of town fan, I know from personal experience that some "hometown a-holes" are the one's starting the problems. I've seen fights at the Verizon center in DC between Caps & Sabres fans. Also, I had an A-hole try to run me off the road after Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals in 1998 when he saw my Sabres jersey.

It's one thing to give an opposing fan a hard time about their team, but some retards take it way too far.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Years ago I sent a letter of complaint about a bad experience and Bill Polian himself called me, with the head of security, the day after my letter was received. I have since used the "text" system and it results in immediate attention from security. I pay $200 a ticket for my seats and I am not going to listen to some drunken 20-somethings who cadged tickets from their parents belching and dropping f-bombs. You shouldn't have had to do so either, no matter WHAT the seat cost or WHAT kind of game it was. The NFL is smart enough to realize today's kids are tomorrow's fans - or not.