More brawling at Jets camp - deliberately injuring each other?

http://espn.go.com/n...er-camp-scuffle

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- There they go again.

One day after their headline-making brawl, the New York Jets engaged in a brief scuffle Tuesday and this time coach Rex Ryan stopped practice and tore into his team.

An angry Ryan, invoking the salty vocabulary that became famous in "Hard Knocks," cursed out the team for about a minute.

Practice resumed, but about 15 minutes later, cornerback Antonio Cromartie started screaming at an offensive player during a 7-on-7 drill. It's believed that he was yelling at tight end Dustin Keller.

Ryan stopped practice again and made the entire team run punishment sprints.

The sparks flew as owner Woody Johnson addressed reporters on the sideline, downplaying Monday's fight and saying it was all part of training camp.

Another incident later occurred in a 1-on-1 pass rush drill. Backup offensive tackle Dennis Landolt was carted off the field after blocking defensive tackle Marcus Dixon. Guard Brandon Moore screamed at Dixon, accusing him of a cheap shot.

love it.

all those times we had threads saying why didnt we take a shot on....(insert any overrated headcase with baggage theyve gotten on the cheap).....

this. this is why.

this is why you dont get santonio for a late round pick, you dont take a shot on cromartie. you might steal a few quick wins, but this is almost an unavoidable result.

Edited by NoSaint

on a side note from this incident:

@JasonLaCanfora

Pretty good series of gassers the coaches making the players run. As you might expect Tim Tebow first to touch the line everytime so far

Tim Tebow, gym class heroe.

Can Jest fans say SUPERBOWL!!!

@JasonLaCanfora

Pretty good series of gassers the coaches making the players run. As you might expect Tim Tebow first to touch the line everytime so far

Man, they should promote him to punt protector.

@JasonLaCanfora

As much grief as I've given him on these boards, and it's been plenty, this kind of thing is why he wins. The kid never stops. Gotta give him credit for that.

As much grief as I've given him on these boards, and it's been plenty, this kind of thing is why he wins. The kid never stops. Gotta give him credit for that.

seriously. he may not have the arm, but if you put that effort into someone with a little more of the raw talent it would be unstoppable.

I'm thinking CB Cromartie was in on hammering new WR Stephen Hill and veteran TE Dustin Keller based on Cromartie's comments about being the second best WR on the team. Either that or he heard someone yell "Hike" and he figured his child support payments were going up.

Either way, this all couldn't have happened to a nicer team.

@JasonLaCanfora

Word from jets camp yesterday was that tebow was in the middle of the brawl but connected on less than 40% of his punches thrown.

Guys,

For your viewing pleasure...

http://forums.theganggreen.com

Highlights:

Maybin is a late bloomer. He will be awesome.

They are starting to question Rexy, and also if having Cromartie on the team is a good idea.

A few Bills Trolls and even a Fish Troll!

Word from jets camp yesterday was that tebow was in the middle of the brawl but connected on less than 40% of his punches thrown.

What was his Compubox number?

Did you just call him Rudy?

not far from it. i wouldnt equate him in the sense that he has some of the tools for a lot of positions, but just doesnt fit any one spot. through hard work hes been able to excel still though.

whats funny is for all the bashing this guy gets - hes probably among the closest examples of it doesnt take 1 in a million athleticism or to fit a prototype to make the nfl if you are willing to work harder than anyone else.

If it wasn't the media's favorite average football team, no one would care. I actually think Ryan is a really good coach but he is too soft on his team. IMO, he will be a great coach for the next team he coaches.

There's no question Rex is a fantastic defensive coach, and I do think he's an effective motivator with the right group. And therein lies the problem -- he's got a crappy group.

Or maybe I could put it a different way...Rex is a great frontrunner; all of the schitt talking and bravado only work when you KNOW you're the better team. Unfortunately for Rex, his roster is now sitting in 3rd place in the division from a talent perspective.