Political Correctness has jumped the shark (again)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would Rick Monday have to say about this? Didn't he save the flag?

Shut the !@#$ up, EII. We can't even use a real day as an epithet for you; we have to use one of the fake ones the Jacobins made up when they rewrote the French calendar during the First Republic.

Until this thread I have never heard anybody call anybody a Monday. This is a big reach IMHO.

That's what I thought. But apparently it's a fairly well-know racial epithet that has been around for years. :rolleyes:

Yes

Reason I ask is that your context, then, I would expect to be substantially different from most of ours (mine, at least). I don't hang out with racists, so I don't hear variations like "Monday"...you, unfortunately, don't have much of a choice when they're inflicted on you.

Reason I ask is that your context, then, I would expect to be substantially different from most of ours (mine, at least). I don't hang out with racists, so I don't hear variations like "Monday"...you, unfortunately, don't have much of a choice when they're inflicted on you.

Good point, and I realize that that will color (no pun intended) our outlook on this subject.

I've never been called a "Monday," (not that I'd really care if I was) but I have heard the racial context used in a joke. Once the joke was explained to me I was told by another at our luncheon that someone referred to him that way when he was in Arizona on business.

Before that, I'd never heard of it.

Good point, and I realize that that will color (no pun intended) our outlook on this subject.

I've never been called a "Monday," (not that I'd really care if I was) but I have heard the racial context used in a joke. Once the joke was explained to me I was told by another at our luncheon that someone referred to him that way when he was in Arizona on business.

Before that, I'd never heard of it.

Must be a west of Mississippi thing? I've never heard of it until this thread either.

Must be a west of Mississippi thing? I've never heard of it until this thread either.

Never heard it out here. Ever. But I live in the suburbs, so if we have contempt for anything to the extent that we'd call it a derogatory word like Monday, it's probably the actual day of the week.

Sometimes we get a little uncivilized and say crazy things like "Man, this Tuesday feels like a Monday," but only once in a while when the silly season is upon us.

Never heard it out here. Ever. But I live in the suburbs, so if we have contempt for anything to the extent that we'd call it a derogatory word like Monday, it's probably the actual day of the week.

Sometimes we get a little uncivilized and say crazy things like "Man, this Tuesday feels like a Monday," but only once in a while when the silly season is upon us.

That is just inhumane.

That was the point. This term was meant for the discerning racist to convey hate in a subtle and refined manner. Then some jackass cop starts screaming it at a baseball game and the secret is out.

That was the point. This term was meant for the discerning racist to convey hate in a subtle and refined manner. Then some jackass cop starts screaming it at a baseball game and the secret is out.

Yeah, all it takes is one bad apple to spoil a perfectly fine white sheet.

Do you always need to have jw show you the vibrant color of urban life?

Ive heard the joke and it is very very likely that he was using it in the assumed manner. The whole thing seems ridiculous to me though. The guy gets fired for yelling "monday" at a player and they support their action by saying he is a known racist???? Why did he have a job if he was a known racist already?

Nothing worse than some jackass ruining yet another secret racist word. At least we still have 'portobello' and 'October'.