plaxico burress

We have to consider all possibilities as Nix does. So you are correct to throw it on the table.

But Plax does not fit.

Buddy has very recently mentioned in interview that our guys are all guys about good character and hard work and i can tell he is proud of who we have on the roster.

I expect him to stick to that method till he dies.

And honestly Dwight i dont see anyone one on our roster i want to replace at this time. We have enough youngsters and Hagan to make our final roster difficult enough.

Now if one of the kids like Easley or Jones stink it up. Bills should consider a FA when the cuts start. Next year we might well be drafting a 1,2 round receiver anyways.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather trust the FO and just kee what we've got but if I had to pick a WR to come in it would be TO. He's still better than Plax and he might have a history of insubordination but not with us. He also doesn't have off the field issues (besides being broke). He had a good chemistry with Fitz and I'd rather kick his tires than anyone elses but at the end of the day I'd rather see the young guys play it out.

bringin plax or braylon could definitely help the team

i know we all want one of the usual suspects to break out and become good, but adding a proven vet to the corps can only help us and there are still plenty of snaps to go around for the young guys

please read in Buddy Nix voice.......

....."Now, we want players who are up and coming or just reaching their potential, players who are on the downside of their careers dont fit in on this team"

By that logic Shawn Merriman should have been released 2 years ago!

If there is anyone out there that will enhance our ability to get the ball into the endzone, I don't care if he's a team player or not. This isn't some beauty pageant where you have to put on a happy face and say the right words. It's about scoring more points than the other team. If Plaxico can help the Bills do that, then get him in here. If it's clear we don't need him, then don't. It's really that simple, in my opinion.

I would take a pass on any of the drama queens out there. The TO experiment was tried and didn't work. I can't see Plaxico being any different. Nix has already said that they won't add anyone that's on the downside of their respective careers. Whether we individually like it or not, it's probably not going to happen unless Nix changes his philosophy. I'm excited to see what Graham does and believe that a combination of David Nelson and Scott Chandler provide the big targets that Fitzpatrick will need in the red zone.

If there is anyone out there that will enhance our ability to get the ball into the endzone, I don't care if he's a team player or not. This isn't some beauty pageant where you have to put on a happy face and say the right words. It's about scoring more points than the other team. If Plaxico can help the Bills do that, then get him in here. If it's clear we don't need him, then don't. It's really that simple, in my opinion.

+ 1,000,000 :thumbsup:

I want to win. You win with good players. If a team is winning everyone is happy in the locker room anyway. If we're losing, it's probably not just because of one guy. As I seem to recall, the Giants were able to win a SB with this bad attitude non team player on their team.

Most seem to be happy having Sean Merrimen on the team. Is he a team player? Has he ever done controversial off the field stuff?

Seeing Plax jump up and catch that pass on the sidelines in the 4th quarter of the Stevie Johnson shoot yourself in the foot game tells me he still has it. We desperately need a guy like that. Donald Jones can't make catches like that. Brad Smith can't. Roosevelt can't. Fitz can throw that ball too. No one has been able to haul them in though.

Lol, I am baffled as to why people don't understand why TO and Burris are still unemployed. These are two very old, troubled, locker room cancers. Beyond that, neither of them can run any more, TO is coming off major knee surgery and couldn't even stick with his OWN arena league team. So far all of the GM's in the NFL must agree...

Further more, the redzone wasn't a big problem for us last year. Guys like SJ, Chandler, and Nelson did a great job in the redzone. Our problem was open field, we had no one that could get open with any sort of speed opposite SJ. I don't see how making our receiving corp significantly slower helps us. These are not the veteran "mentors" you want "helping" your young team.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

By that logic Shawn Merriman should have been released 2 years ago!

Yes he's had injury problems, but he just turned 28. So if he can stay healthy, he may have an upside

Lol, I am baffled as to why people don't understand why TO and Burris are still unemployed. These are two very old, troubled, locker room cancers. Beyond that, neither of them can run any more, TO is coming off major knee surgery and couldn't even stick with his OWN arena league team. So far all of the GM's in the NFL must agree...

Further more, the redzone wasn't a big problem for us last year. Guys like SJ, Chandler, and Nelson did a great job in the redzone. Our problem was open field, we had no one that could get open with any sort of speed opposite SJ. I don't see how making our receiving corp significantly slower helps us. These are not the veteran "mentors" you want "helping" your young team.

Good post

Yes he's had injury problems, but he just turned 28. So if he can stay healthy, he may have an upside

Plus, when Merriman was signed he was only 26. And this year most of his salary is guaranteed, so there is no point in cutting him unless he really can't play. His use of this as an example of comparative logic was a little off...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

again there is at least one reason they are unsigned. But wait and see after training camp. The chance that some team or two will bite.

Injuries are going to occur in camp and early in the season. Both these guys will probably try hard to play hard just to get another nfl payday. understandably i think.

just not the Bills. they can't get the offense that Chan run's in time to be useful. if ever.

These guys are good for jump balls maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

Because he's been an issue in every team he's ever played on. The Jets got out of him what they got last year and they still didn't want him back even though Antonio Chromartie is claiming to be the teams 2nd best WR. He is a former felon and not someone the Bills want on this team or around. Just my .02

I get the "it couldn't hurt" sentiment, but I don't know that I prefer him to any of the WR's that are likely to make the final roster. Johnson, Nelson, Jones, Graham, Hagan, Easley. If the Bills keep 6 WR's (which I think they will)....I don't see Plax as being an upgrade over any of the guys mentioned.

Because he's been an issue in every team he's ever played on. The Jets got out of him what they got last year and they still didn't want him back even though Antonio Chromartie is claiming to be the teams 2nd best WR. He is a former felon and not someone the Bills want on this team or around. Just my .02

i completely agree with this statement right here. we seem to have a team made up of high character guys, this guy has a history of very poor decision making.