Comeback Player of the Year Top 20

the battle for comeback player of the year figures to be very interesting. Here's a look at the 20 most important players coming back from serious injury or retirement:

#3. DE Mario Williams

#16. DT Kyle Williams

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--rankings--mario-williams--peyton-manning-and-several-other-nfl-stars-look-to-regain-form.html

It's almost like you can't use Mario. It feels like cheating. I agree with Merriman. And that's why he's gonna get it. He's not even on the list. Boy is the rest of the league in for a huge suprise if they forgot about "Lights Out"!!!!!

The Bills have a a bunch that could merit that list - Merriman, McGee, K.Williams, Mario, too - those are no slouches. Then, what about Vince Young? If he were to have the chance, through injury, to come in and have a very good series of games - the Bills have players all over the place that look to be coming back!

This roster has story lines all over it.

It's almost like you can't use Mario. It feels like cheating. I agree with Merriman. And that's why he's gonna get it. He's not even on the list. Boy is the rest of the league in for a huge suprise if they forgot about "Lights Out"!!!!!

If Merriman is 80-90 percent of the player he was, it would be an upgrade for the Bills. Imagine if Merriman returned to the form he once had. This defense would be scary. In reality though, I'm skeptical that he can remain injury free or can recover enough to be a solid , consistent player. I hope he proves me wrong. It would be fun to watch if he does.

the battle for comeback player of the year figures to be very interesting. Here's a look at the 20 most important players coming back from serious injury or retirement:

#3. DE Mario Williams

#16. DT Kyle Williams

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--rankings--mario-williams--peyton-manning-and-several-other-nfl-stars-look-to-regain-form.html

#1. Manning

Fred Jackson did not make the list? Over 30, coming off injury... he has been a comeback player his whole life no reason to believe he wont do it this year too.

And that's why nobody has him on the list

Do you have to be on the list to win it?... No. You just have to have a year that's more over-the-top successful than your "missed some time last year" counterparts. There are other good players (and some of them aren't on the Bills) that command recognition too.

The fact that there's two of our guys on it (10%), is pretty darn good, don'tcha think?

I'd have to go with Manning, just simply because his return and so anticipated due to the fact that no one thought he would be playing ball again. I think Merriman is going to have an absolutely stellar year as well.

If Merriman is 80-90 percent of the player he was, it would be an upgrade for the Bills. Imagine if Merriman returned to the form he once had. This defense would be scary. In reality though, I'm skeptical that he can remain injury free or can recover enough to be a solid , consistent player. I hope he proves me wrong. It would be fun to watch if he does.

If he just plays like the way he played last year before the injury but with more explosiveness I think he can be a 4-6 sack situational pass rusher. Before he got hurt Merriman was setting the edge well and at times getting some pressure on the QB. But he hurt his shoulder which limited him right before he got the season ending injury.

The thing I like about Merriman on the roster this year is that we aren't counting on him for production but rather he is a bonus.

Manning is the readers choice i think. The biggest fall, the most dramatic affect on his team's success ( W/L ) and then them letting him go.

Me personally, i only care about the Bills. If Merriman comes back all the way, as he seems to be doing it will be one of the biggest stories in the NFL for a while i might guess. And if we make the playoffs and go to the Dance? it could be the stuff of legend. and Buddy will be crowned as the wisest GM to have walked the turf for years to come.

I'm not so sure they should have injured players on this list for comeback players. If that's the case then I think Fred Jackson and Shawne Merriman are both candidates. Even though Shawne hasn't had a good season in 3 years.

agreed Fred had a probowl season going and Shawne is almost indebted to Buddy for giving him a chance at all. It would be a rags to riches story. He really appeared done with football this last time.

If Wood comes back to full form, could return the O line to those glory days when we were 5-2 and more.

Easley has got to be a story. Such high hopes from his scrimmages and then injury and then illness takes him out.

If he gets on the roster thats a major deal for a man.

agreed Fred had a probowl season going and Shawne is almost indebted to Buddy for giving him a chance at all. It would be a rags to riches story. He really appeared done with football this last time.

If Wood comes back to full form, could return the O line to those glory days when we were 5-2 and more.

Easley has got to be a story. Such high hopes from his scrimmages and then injury and then illness takes him out.

If he gets on the roster thats a major deal for a man.

Easley is a good story. But Easley doesn't have the production prior to his time out to be considered a "comeback" player. Because technically statisticaly speaking there is nothing ot come back from.

I can put money on it that Merriman wins the award if he comes out with a 10+ sack season.

Manning is the readers choice i think. The biggest fall, the most dramatic affect on his team's success ( W/L ) and then them letting him go.

Me personally, i only care about the Bills. If Merriman comes back all the way, as he seems to be doing it will be one of the biggest stories in the NFL for a while i might guess. And if we make the playoffs and go to the Dance? it could be the stuff of legend. and Buddy will be crowned as the wisest GM to have walked the turf for years to come.

If he looks anything like he did in that PS game last year, when admittedly he was on "one leg", Manning will have to throw 35 touchdowns to win it.

2 sacks and an assist in 9 plays (or something to that effect)... wow