Who did SI rate as having the best 2012 offseason??

http://nfl.si.com/2012/07/18/nfl-offseason-grades/?sct=nfl_t11_a0

That's right.........our very own Bills!!

It's been a very long time since the Bills have made the significant moves that they have this offseason................and now at least objective NFL writers are taking notice.

Players that have been added: FAs: M. Williams/M. Anderson/McKillop/V. Young/D. Dickerson

Draft Picks: S. Gilmore/C. Glenn/Graham/Bradham/Brooks/Carder/Sanders/Asper/Potter

Returning Injured Players from 2011: Jackson/Wood/D. Jones/Easley/Merriman/Troup/Wilson/A. Williams/McGee/Lindell

Players added later in the year: Choice/L. Smith/Hagan

Players who didn't play a prominent role but could this year (for various reasons): B. Smith/Rinehart/Edwards/Sp. Johnson/Carrington/Kelsay/Sheppard/Morrison/Moats/Rogers

That's a significant amount of players that the Bills either didn't have on the roster last year, missed significant time due to injury, were added later in the year or were simply not used properly.

When you consider all of that you have to believe that the Bills have made very big strides this year......................probably the greatest improvement in one single year that I've ever seen as a Bills fan............................and I've been a fan for 43 years!!

On top of that, the Bills now have veteran DC D. Wannstedt running a 4-3 defense that is far better suited to the personnel on the roster when compared to that of last year where guys like Sp. Johnson and Carrington and Kelsay were asked to be OLBs. That was absolutely ridiculous!!

New QB Coach Lee's ability to help improve Fitz's throwing mechanics and knowledge/experience for implementing the Wildcat is also a significant addition.

Your thoughts??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows the Redskins are the perpetual offseason champs. ?

In all seriousness, the Bills are probably one of the most improved on paper right now. But it's mid July. Just as injuries to Fitz, the OL, kyle williams, Fred, etc. derailed a promising start (along with later opponents adjusting to Chan's scheme), they could just as easily take down players again this coming season. Let's wait at least until the team puts on pads.

http://nfl.si.com/20...?sct=nfl_t11_a0

That's right.........our very own Bills!!

It's been a very long time since the Bills have made the significant moves that they have this offseason................and now at least objective NFL writers are taking notice.

Players that have been added: FAs: M. Williams/M. Anderson/McKillop/V. Young/D. Dickerson

Draft Picks: S. Gilmore/C. Glenn/Graham/Bradham/Brooks/Carder/Sanders/Asper/Potter

Returning Injured Players from 2011: Jackson/Wood/D. Jones/Easley/Merriman/Troup/Wilson/A. Williams/McGee/Lindell

Players added later in the year: Choice/L. Smith/Hagan

Players who didn't play a prominent role but could this year (for various reasons): B. Smith/Rinehart/Edwards/Sp. Johnson/Carrington/Kelsay/Sheppard/Morrison/Moats/Rogers

That's a significant amount of players that the Bills either didn't have on the roster last year, missed significant time due to injury, were added later in the year or were simply not used properly.

When you consider all of that you have to believe that the Bills have made very big strides this year......................probably the greatest improvement in one single year that I've ever seen as a Bills fan............................and I've been a fan for 43 years!!

On top of that, the Bills now have veteran DC D. Wannstedt running a 4-3 defense that is far better suited to the personnel on the roster when compared to that of last year where guys like Sp. Johnson and Carrington and Kelsay were asked to be OLBs. That was absolutely ridiculous!!

New QB Coach Lee's ability to help improve Fitz's throwing mechanics and knowledge/experience for implementing the Wildcat is also a significant addition.

Your thoughts??

We all know the Bills have made good offseason additions to strengthen the team

When you've drafted 9th, 3rd, and 9th the last 3 years, the implication is you need a really strong offseason or 2 just to climb back to "able to play effectively in the league" and especially, in one of the toughest divisions in football

So theunanswered questions are: 1) will the strong offseason lead to results on Sunday? 2) is it enough to make the Bills respectable, or is it enough to make them good?

Our O made the leap from bottom-tier to mid-tier last year. In order to be competitive, our D needs to make at least as much of a leap this year, and our O needs to continue to improve

You don't give a damn if the Bills had a great offseason?

Okay. Gotcha.

Exactly!

If you do not have a great off season you are pretty much destined to repeat the similar cycle.

The Bills broke the mold of what they been doing for the last decade or so. They addressed the glaring weakness with PROVEN talent ( that is for the guys who like to bring up Dockery and Walker signings).

A failure to plan if a plan for failure.

I hope some of you guys are only this negative about the Bills. If you are this way in life i feel bad for people who have to be around you on a dailey basis.

I think the Bills grade is correct, but will someone please explain how New England gets a B-plus? The players mentioned are, Joseph Addai, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Donte' Stallworth, Will Allen and Andre Carter. The only guy under 30 is Addai. Go to Pats roster click on each of these guys and look at their past production and ages. How was this a great off season for them?

http://www.patriots.com/team/roster.html

Really???

We all know what happens on the field is most important.

But jeez, The topic was, "who had the best off season", cant we at least allow some discussion on that?

If not you might as well shut down the site until the season! Cause all is just speculation until games are played.

lighten up a little! :wallbash:

I think the Bills grade is correct, but will someone please explain how New England gets a B-plus? The players mentioned are, Joseph Addai, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Donte' Stallworth, Will Allen and Andre Carter. The only guy under 30 is Addai. Go to Pats roster click on each of these guys and look at their past production and ages. How was this a great off season for them?

http://www.patriots....eam/roster.html

I believe they are bringing in 32-year old Visanthe Shiancoe for a workout… thus continuing the Harrison, Seau, Ocho Cinco, Haynesworth, etc pipeline of fading veterans.